Madison protests

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

mvscal
Blank

Re: Madison protests

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:Today there are recall elections for six Republican Senators in Wisconsin.

Almost all recalls fail, but these seem to have a chance. We'll find out soon enough.
According to everything I've read, they have a better than even chance of flipping 3 of the 6.
You lose...again.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Looks like the pussy ass democrats will have to continue to leave the state any time a republican backed policy is up for a vote.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

IndyFrisco wrote:Looks like the pussy ass democrats will have to continue to leave the state any time a republican backed policy is up for a vote.
Simplistic right wing talking points much?
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Are you saying they won't pull that childish shit again?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

IndyFrisco wrote:Are you saying they won't pull that childish shit again?
Doubtful. You really need to back and read a bit more about what actually happened if you want to comment on it. It was a perfectly legal maneuver, and totally justified given the circumstances.

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Goober McTuber wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:Are you saying they won't pull that childish shit again?
Doubtful. You really need to back and read a bit more about what actually happened if you want to comment on it. It was a perfectly legal maneuver, and totally justified given the circumstances.
I didn't say being a chickenshit was against the law. The dem minority wanted to negotiate. The elected republican majority didn't need to negotiate (or a quorum) to get the non-budgetary items passed.

I'm very familiar with this chickenshit move as I was living in Texas in 2003 when the chickenshit dems there did the same thing by fleeing to Oklahoma and New Mexico. When you know you will lose, you don't run off the playing field with your ball and go home. That's chickenshit.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

The Democratic minority also wanted more time for people to have a chance to see everything that had been crammed into that bill. A whole lot of non-budgetary items that were jammed into a budget bill. I don’t deny the majority party’s right to propose and pass legislation. I had an issue with how it was being done.

I could give a rat’s ass what somebody did in Texas 8 years ago. The Democrats in Wisconsin were right to do what they did, nothing chickenshit about it. It forced some discussion on items that people didn’t realize were in the bill. There were some changes made.

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Stall...delay...stall...delay...RECALL!...VOTE!

^^^ That's the order the dems were hoping for with the recall going in their favor ^^^
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

IndyFrisco wrote:
Stall...delay...stall...delay...RECALL!...VOTE!

^^^ That's the order the dems were hoping for with the recall going in their favor ^^^

No. They were hoping to put a stop to an extemist agenda. Wisconsin has a long history of Republicans and Democrats working together to get things done. That started to go to hell over the past several years. Walker has just accelerated the process. I don't pretend to know a lot about the political landscape in Indiana, BTW.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

88 wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:No. They were hoping to put a stop to an extemist agenda.
Couldn't the other side of the issue make the exact same argument against their opponent?
Not based on history, no. And the two wins are significant. Dale Schultz has proved to be a very sensible (read: moderate) Republican who has already shown himself unafraid to oppose the gov.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Unbelievable. I assumed that with the Republicans retaining control of the Senate, the Dems would have to drop the Walker recall. I guess not. But it seems absolutely idiotic to wait till next November.

MADISON, Wis. -- The Wisconsin Democratic Party is standing by its plan to force a recall election against Republican Gov. Scott Walker despite losing four of six recalls targeting GOP state senators.

Party Chairman Mike Tate issued a statement Wednesday saying the Democrats' winning of two Senate recall elections shows how vulnerable Walker is to a recall effort.

Republicans held on to majority control in the Senate through their four wins on Tuesday.

Tate called Democratic gains historic and said they will continue to "restore balance and accountability to our state" with a recall of Walker in November 2012.

Democrats could attempt an earlier recall date, but Tate's memo indicates they will try to time it to take place at the same time as the presidential election next year.

Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Melt On Liberal Piece o' Shit!

:lol:
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:They were hoping to put a stop to an extemist agenda.
:meds:

Fuck the fuck off, you whimpering, talking point spewing moron.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:And the two wins are significant.
No, they aren't. One district went 61% for Odowngrade and the other dude only won election the first time by less than 200 votes. Oh and let's not forget that two dems are up next week.

God, you're a fucking crybaby.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

extremeist agenda? maybe to an extreme leftist pig radical like you it seems extreme, BUT, to normal taxpayers?

what? you dont want govt. union workers to have to pony up just 3 percent torwards their retirements?
meanwhile, the rest of us hardworking taxpayers must pay a hell of a lot more for our retirements.
you liberal pig.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Goober McGlass-Half-Fool wrote:And the two wins are significant.
Matter of perspective, I reckon.

Two-fer-six ain’t a bad day at the plate if you’re Ryan Braun.

Pretty much a big ol’ bag of suck, though, if you happen to be Aaron Rodgers.

Funny how times change…

Used to be, $35M worth of union dues could buy you a whole state house full o’ brain-dead Libs. Now days, it appears it’s worth only two lousy seats. Friggin’ Obama economy…
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:They were hoping to put a stop to an extemist agenda.

Fuck the fuck off, you whimpering, talking point spewing moron.
A talking point to a rabid knee-jerk right-wing bot, a fact to rational human beings.

mvscal wrote:
No, they aren't.
Yes they are. It takes the split down to 17-16, and Shultz has already shown to be a swing vote.
Last edited by Goober McTuber on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Truman wrote:
Goober McGlass-Half-Fool wrote:And the two wins are significant.
Matter of perspective, I reckon.

Two-fer-six ain’t a bad day at the plate if you’re Ryan Braun.

Pretty much a big ol’ bag of suck, though, if you happen to be Aaron Rodgers.

Funny how times change…

Used to be, $35M worth of union dues could buy you a whole state house full o’ brain-dead Libs. Now days, it appears it’s worth only two lousy seats. Friggin’ Obama economy…
The recalls have been very good for the advertising economy here. Insane amounts of money from outside the state on both sides.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
No, they aren't. One district went 61% for Odowngrade and the other dude only won election the first time by less than 200 votes.
They were both solidly Republican districts, you disingenuous tard. If one of them went to Obama, that's just an indication of how bad the Republican alternative was.
Five months to the day after the Republican majority in the Wisconsin state Senate voted to approve Gov. Scott Walker’s plan to strip most collective bargaining rights from public employees, two of the governor’s most prominent allies in the chamber have been removed from office.

Western Wisconsin state Sen. Dan Kapanke and eastern Wisconsin Sen. Randy Hopper were both defeated in recall elections that provided a powerful indication of the state’s anger with Walker’s assault on worker rights.

Running in districts that were drawn to elect Republicans, that have consistently elected Republicans for generations, and that all backed Walker last November, the Democrats prevailed. “Six months ago no one would have ever expected we would be where we are tonight. The people of Wisconsin have made history,” said Senate Democratic leader Mark Miller. “Democrats, moderates, independents and even Republicans fought back against the radical Walker overreach that attacked core Wisconsin values. We fought on Republican turf and added two Democrats to the state Senate.”

The Democrats did not take control of the Senate from the Republicans, as labor, farm and community activists — who filled the streets of the state’s capital city and other communities with mass protests in February and March — had hoped would be the case. While Kapanke was defeated by Democratic challenger Jennifer Shilling and Hopper was defeated by Democrat Jess King, three other Republican incumbents who were forced into recall races — Rob Cowles in the Green Bay area, Luther Olsen in the center of the state and Sheila Harsdorf in the northwest — prevailed over their Democratic challengers.

A fourth Republican incumbent, Alberta Darling, who has for many years represented a suburban Milwaukee district, was declared the victor over Democrat Sandy Pasch early Wednesday morning after a messy count that saw controversial Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus, a Republican stalwart, fail to report the results until late in the evening. Nickolaus stirred a national outcry in April, when she reported two days after a hotly contested state Supreme Court election that she had discovered more than 7,000 additional votes for the candidate favored by the GOP and Gov. Walker. And her delays Tuesday night led Democratic Party of Wisconsin Chair Mike Tate to complain at one point in the evening: “The race to determine control of the Wisconsin Senate has fallen in the hands of the Waukesha County clerk, who has already distinguished herself as incompetent, if not worse.”

The recalls of the six Republican senators all played out on conservative turf, in historically Republican districts. The uphill runs for the Democrats were made more difficult by the fact that national groups funded by conservative billionaires such as Charles and David Koch poured money into television advertising on behalf of the incumbents as part of what has been called the first “Citizens United Campaign.” (That’s a reference to the U.S. Supreme Court decision that removed traditional limits on campaigning by corporations and wealthy individuals.) Watchdog groups predicted that spending in the Wisconsin contests could exceed $40 million.

Against those odds, it is more than merely notable that Democrats were able to dramatically narrow the Republican majority in the Senate, from a comfortable 19-14 margin to a razor-thin 17-16.

That one-vote GOP majority becomes significant from an organizational and policy standpoint. That’s because one Republican senator, Dale Schultz, voted against the governor’s assault on collective bargaining — which he referred to as “colossal overreach.” The moderate Schultz has been highly critical of the governor in recent weeks, and the extent to which he decides to work with the Democrats could tip the balance on labor, education and public services issues.

That prospect unsettles Republicans and their special-interest allies, who poured tens of millions of dollars into an effort to defend the incumbents who sided with Walker. Next Tuesday, Republicans will mount challenges to a pair of Democratic senators, Jim Holperin in the northern part of the state and Bob Wirch in the southern. Because of the uncertainty about the role Schultz will play, Republicans will work hard to displace at least one of the two Democrats — with Holperin being aggressively targeted by a tea party candidate, Kim Simac, who has drawn raves from Glenn Beck.

Next week’s recall voting will continue the rolling referendum on Walker’s agenda that began in July, when state Sen. Dave Hansen, D-Green Bay, defeated a Republican recall challenge by a 67-33 margin — the biggest victory so far in a struggle that could yet see a recall of Walker himself.

“A grass-roots coalition sparked by hundreds of impassioned community members worked countless hours on behalf of a belief in Wisconsin as not just a place, but as an idea worthy of preserving,” said Sandy Pasch, one of the Democratic recall candidates.

“On Tuesday night, Wisconsin spoke loud and clear with the recall of two entrenched Republicans. This is an accomplishment of historic proportions,” said Democratic Party of Wisconsin chair Tate. “The fact of the matter remains that, fighting on Republican turf, we have begun the work of stopping the Scott Walker agenda.”

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

88 wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
mvscal wrote:No, they aren't. One district went 61% for Odowngrade and the other dude only won election the first time by less than 200 votes.
They were both solidly Republican districts, you disingenuous tard. If one of them went to Obama, that's just an indication of how bad the Republican alternative was.
Your liberal masters are lying to you again, Goobs.

Here is the data that supports mvscal's characterization of the two senate districts in question:

http://www.swingstateproject.com/diary/ ... e-district

Hopper won by 0.2% in 2008, and Obama won that District 51% - 47%.
Kapanke's district went for Obama 61% to 38%.

Those were not "solidly Republican districts" by any sense of the imagination. Republicans were holding senate seats in Democratic districts.
Your right wing talking point masters are lying to you again, 88. Forget the presidential votes. Those districts have been republican in the Wisconsin Senate for a long time.

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Goober McTuber wrote:talking point
Goober McTuber wrote:IKYABWAI? talking point
He who smelt it dealt it.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

IndyFrisco wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:IKYABWAI? talking point
He who smelt it dealt it.
Brilliant. :meds:

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Well, is that or is that not what you do? Every time someone says something contradictory to your viewpoint you call it a talking point as if it is supposed to minimize their argument. If that's the case, isn't what you spew the same thing? A talking point? If not, explain why yours isn't and theirs is.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

IndyFrisco wrote:Well, is that or is that not what you do? Every time someone says something contradictory to your viewpoint you call it a talking point as if it is supposed to minimize their argument. If that's the case, isn't what you spew the same thing? A talking point? If not, explain why yours isn't and theirs is.
How many times did I use it in a 15-page thread? Twice? Is that what has your delicate little twat all chafed?

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Nah, sounds like you heard a political buzz word and are running with it. Run, Forrest, run.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Yes, I had never ever heard the term until this week. But of course, I've only got 3 TVs.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

88 wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Your right wing talking point masters are lying to you again, 88. Forget the presidential votes. Those districts have been republican in the Wisconsin Senate for a long time.
Goobs. I do the research myself. You should give it a try.

OK. How’s this? The 32nd Senate District (Kapanke) has been represented by a Republican for 23 of the last 27 years. The 18th Senate District (Hopper) has been represented by a Republican for every one of the last 24 years. I don’t care how you guys want to spin that, those are Republican Districts.

bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Well, when they woke up out of their Tea Bagger hangover and found out that the whole GOP apparatus was under severe assault by angry voters, they realized they were REELING and pulled out some of their dirty tricks. It's not over, and there will be a proper backlash to this disgraceful manipulation of bratty morons by the rapacious Koch brothers and slimefucks like yer boy Rove.
you fuckin moron liberal piece of shit, the democrats are the most corrupt party of all time. GUESS WHAT? asswipe, the repubs are having a recall also, so how do you like that?

THEN you call gov. walker divisive? really? oh I see, so the 50 percent of voters who dont agree with you are divisive. nice logic.

NO MORE, unions are corrupt thugs, and the the unions will no longer get away with thug tactics.

taxpayers are fed up with it. Partys over you liberal pig, Obama carried wisconsin by 14 pts, it was a blowout, HOWEVER, now that the voters see unemployment rising and the debt growing, ITS OVER for you liberal pig dems.
say goodnight gracie.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

88 wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
88 wrote:Goobs. I do the research myself. You should give it a try.

OK. How’s this? The 32nd Senate District (Kapanke) has been represented by a Republican for 23 of the last 27 years. The 18th Senate District (Hopper) has been represented by a Republican for every one of the last 24 years. I don’t care how you guys want to spin that, those are Republican Districts.
Your observation does not necessarily correlate with the current facts, Goobs. Who were the Republicans that held the senate seats in those respective districts during the past years? Was it a series of several different Republicans defeating Democrats in each district time and time again? Or, more likely, was it the same incumbents that kept winning and winning in each senate district year after year, even though the district now favors the other party in general elections? Furthermore, whether a district was Republican or Democrat 24 years ago is completely irrelevant to whether the district leans Republican or Democrat now. People move. District boundaries change etc. The only absolute we have is Kapanke's district went nearly 2-1 to Obama just 3 years ago. If that is a Republican-leaning district, then I need to go back to math class.
I wouldn't use the Obama numbers as a yardstick. Lesser of two evils, you know, and a little George W backlash mixed in. The district boundaries change every 10 years. You can keep spinning this any way you wnt to. Those are traditonally Republican districts. Period.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

:hfal:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Nice melt.

Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Enough.