The 2022 NBA Finals | (3) Golden State Warriors VS. (2) Boston Celtics

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: The 2022 NBA Finals | (3) Golden State Warriors VS. (2) Boston Celtics

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:16 am The NHL playoffs have been awesome.

Best playoffs in sports and it isn’t even close.

College basketball tourney is the best event.

NBA playoffs is something to follow on Sportscenter.
The Oilers-Avs series was a big disappointment. Should have been closer. But the Bolts-Rangers series was as good as its gets.

The final should be one for the ages.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

Softball Bat wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:23 am
Bill in Houston wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:08 am Because missed calls and bad calls only happen in the NBA. No other sports have this phenomenon.
"Missed calls" are as old as sports, Bill.

But what we have in the NBA is an obviously predetermined directive from the league hierarchy for officials to not call traveling.

I mean, it is just blatant.
Every game there are a handful of plays where guys walk and it is simply not called.

Don't let me stop your enjoyment of the games.
I'm just giving you my own take.

I have a friend who is totally into the NBA (and the Warriors, btw), and he always wants to talk pro hoops with me.
I'm just not into it.
That is not a take. That is a statement of idiocy.

Does Roger Goodell mandate officials disregard holding? Sure seems like it, huh? No, there is some other reason you don’t like the NBA. It’s not “missed traveling calls”. Try to be honest here.

It’s good to know you’ve got a friend. I also will continue to enjoy the tremendous skills and athleticism of the NBA. The current era of players has transformed the game in ways that we’re unthinkable a decade ago. Seven foot tall players shooting 30’ jumpers, at respectable percentage. Ball handling skills as good as any time previous. And yes, defense and strategy that is impressive. Shooting that has changed the game.

Yeah it is a great game and I enjoy it.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Bill wrote:Does Roger Goodell mandate officials disregard holding? Sure seems like it, huh? No, there is some other reason you don’t like the NBA. It’s not “missed traveling calls”. Try to be honest here.
There are a lot of reasons why I no longer like the NBA, but the reason I posted about is #1 on the list.

If they are not going to call traveling, the whole product is very suspect, to say the least.

What is your theory as to why traveling is ignored by the officials?
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:50 pm

The Oilers-Avs series was a big disappointment. Should have been closer. But the Bolts-Rangers series was as good as its gets.

The final should be one for the ages.
Wrong thread, dude. Check the title.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Bill in Houston wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:55 pm That is not a take. That is a statement of idiocy.

Does Roger Goodell mandate officials disregard holding? Sure seems like it, huh? No, there is some other reason you don’t like the NBA. It’s not “missed traveling calls”. Try to be honest here.

It’s good to know you’ve got a friend. I also will continue to enjoy the tremendous skills and athleticism of the NBA. The current era of players has transformed the game in ways that we’re unthinkable a decade ago. Seven foot tall players shooting 30’ jumpers, at respectable percentage. Ball handling skills as good as any time previous. And yes, defense and strategy that is impressive. Shooting that has changed the game.

Dan Vogel isn't the only person who likes basketball but does not enjoy the NBA. You calling him racist doesn't do yourself any favors here. Do better.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Softball Bat wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:12 pm
Bill wrote:Does Roger Goodell mandate officials disregard holding? Sure seems like it, huh? No, there is some other reason you don’t like the NBA. It’s not “missed traveling calls”. Try to be honest here.
There are a lot of reasons why I no longer like the NBA, but the reason I posted about is #1 on the list.

If they are not going to call traveling, the whole product is very suspect, to say the least.

Nice try, but I won’t fall into accepting your false premise.

As to why You think what You do? I haven’t any idea. You are biased, because…

Traveling is called. To state otherwise is disingenuous. Perhaps one reason you feel the way you do is the adaptation of the “euro step”. This is a phrase I abhor. The moves have been around since , I don’t know, George Mikan. (Someone you can relate to. ). The creativity utilized with the moves have greatly expanded, and made the game much more interesting. Not just linear. You know, like conservative thinking.

But whatever, like what you like. If you are fine with offensive holding and PI not being called, if you’re cool with whacked balls and strikes, and god knows what’s allowed or not in hockey, fine. Enjoy.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:10 pm
Bill in Houston wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:55 pm That is not a take. That is a statement of idiocy.

Dan Vogel isn't the only person who likes basketball but does not enjoy the NBA. You calling him racist doesn't do yourself any favors here. Do better.
Are you drunk? WTF?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Bill in Houston wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:18 pm
poptart wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:12 pm

Nice try, but I won’t fall into accepting your false premise.

As to why You think what You do? I haven’t any idea. You are biased, because…

Traveling is called. To state otherwise is disingenuous. Perhaps one reason you feel the way you do is the adaptation of the “euro step”. This is a phrase I abhor. The moves have been around since , I don’t know, George Mikan. (Someone you can relate to. ). The creativity utilized with the moves have greatly expanded, and made the game much more interesting. Not just linear. You know, like conservative thinking.

But whatever, like what you like. If you are fine with offensive holding and PI not being called, if you’re cool with whacked balls and strikes, and god knows what’s allowed or not in hockey, fine. Enjoy.
I don't watch hockey, either.

Not because I hate it, but just because I have never found it very interesting on TV.
Live hockey is fantastic, though.

Bill wrote:Perhaps one reason you feel the way you do is the adaptation of the “euro step”. This is a phrase I abhor. The moves have been around since , I don’t know, George Mikan. (Someone you can relate to. ). The creativity utilized with the moves have greatly expanded,
lol

Yeah, the "creativity of the moves" sure have expanded.

It's called traveling, dude.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

You need to understand the rules before calling a violation. Maybe ask your friend to help you :grin:
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Bill in Houston wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:02 am You need to understand the rules before calling a violation. Maybe ask your friend to help you :grin:
Dude, stop with the act. The NBA hasn't called traveling for 20 years and you know it.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Says the guy who doesn’t watch the NBA.

Go back to your NHL thread, you don’t know what you’re talking about here.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

He is right that they almost never call traveling and it happens all the time.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

They miss fouls too.
And penalties in football and hockey.
And balls and strikes in baseball.
And…
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Bill in Houston wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:45 pm They miss fouls too.
And…
There has been a systemic ignoring of traveling in the NBA for decades. Stop pretending otherwise.

I went to a few NBA games last year and they were good entertainment for the ticket value. I am simply not interested in watching the NBA on TV on a regular basis.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

And…
True but this just seems more blatant to me.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

SM wrote:There has been a systemic ignoring of traveling in the NBA for decades. Stop pretending otherwise.
One thing Bill is right about is that the current NBA dwarfs the NBA of 30 years ago in athleticism of the players.

And I suspect this is at the root of why the league has chosen to have officials overlook traveling.

"The league" doesn't want two-handed chest passes, set shots from 12 feet, and traveling calls a half-dozen times a game.

What the league wants is a lot of highlight reel plays.
They want more "shiny object" plays that fans get off on.
They want more of the plays that GRAB people's attention.

If players feel more restricted because they think they might get hit with a traveling call, they are less likely to try to do something awe-inspiring.
But if players know traveling is generally not going to be called, they are more likely to do "free-flowing," hyper-athletic things.

It is just a theory.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:56 pm
And…
There has been a systemic ignoring of traveling in the NBA for decades. Stop pretending otherwise.

I went to a few NBA games last year and they were good entertainment for the ticket value. I am simply not interested in watching the NBA on TV on a regular basis.

The “systematic ignoring” part.

It is a judgment call, not unlike those others I listed above. Is off sides, high-sticking, etc. systematic? I don’t think so. It’s just a different game.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:47 pm
SM wrote:There has been a systemic ignoring of traveling in the NBA for decades. Stop pretending otherwise.
One thing Bill is right about is that the current NBA dwarfs the NBA of 30 years ago in athleticism of the players.

And I suspect this is at the root of why the league has chosen to have officials overlook traveling.

"The league" doesn't want two-handed chest passes, set shots from 12 feet, and traveling calls a half-dozen times a game.

If players feel more restricted because they think they might get hit with a traveling call, they are less likely to try to do something awe-inspiring.
But if players know traveling is generally not going to be called, they are more likely to do "free-flowing," hyper-athletic things.

It is just a theory.
I think you nailed it.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Bill in Houston wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:54 pm
And…

The “systematic ignoring” part.

It is a judgment call, not unlike those others I listed above. Is off sides, high-sticking, etc. systematic? I don’t think so. It’s just a different game.

Not call off sides is Hardly systemic. Neither is letting dudes high stick.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

In the last game. The one Curry had a game for the ages. The Warriors were called for traveling 3 times. One of them was on Curry.

Softball Bat wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:47 pm And I suspect this is at the root of why the league has chosen to have officials overlook traveling.

By the way... "The league" is the NFL. "The Association" is the NBA.

If you're going to try and make an arguement. At least get your sports nicknames right.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Americans like American sports. (Basketball, Football, Baseball)

The NBA is getting around 12 million viewers a game for the finals.

The NHL is getting around 1.2 million viewers for their playoffs.

Blubber boy is right... it's not close. He just got his sports wrong.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

FiatLux wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:07 pm Americans like American sports. (Basketball, Football, Baseball)

Americans also like American things like getting butfukked in the moutf by the American health care industry, but who's to judge?
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:28 pm
FiatLux wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:07 pm Americans like American sports. (Basketball, Football, Baseball)

Americans also like American things like getting butfukked in the moutf by the American health care industry, but who's to judge?

This is a Big Boy Sports (NBA) thread. If you want to talk politics or obscure sports (nhl). You should start a thread about them.

Don't turn into Schmuck or long time liar 2 and spam the board and threads with politics and crap.

You're better than that.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

m2 wrote:By the way... "The league" is the NFL. "The Association" is the NBA.

If you're going to try and make an arguement. At least get your sports nicknames right.
https://careers.nba.com/our-leagues/

NBA.com

FIVE WORLD-CLASS BASKETBALL LEAGUES

Our Leagues
NBA
WNBA
NBA G League
NBA 2K League
Basketball Africa Leauge

You are out of your... league here.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:20 am https://careers.nba.com/our-leagues/

NBA.com

FIVE WORLD-CLASS BASKETBALL LEAGUES

Our Leagues
NBA
WNBA
NBA G League
NBA 2K League
Basketball Africa Leauge

You are out of your... league here.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:15 pm
poptart wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:47 pm

It is just a theory.
I think you nailed it.
Yes, and it is one reason why I have disdain for the NBA.

"Who needs the fundamentals of the game when we can have circus plays and *WOW* moments that give fans boners and makes our cash registers go ------> cha-ching!

In pretty much all areas of life, I tend toward being a purist.
It might be a character flaw.
But if I see something that I perceive to be "dumbing things down," I will never get with that program.

I see the NBA's "look the other way" policy regarding traveling to be dumbing the game down.
And I perceive that this "dumbing down" is deliberately being done so that some people can prosper financially.

Not IN.

But take heart, NBA fans. What you luv is still much better than BTCF, which is the joke of all jokes.

And again, this is all jmo.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:47 am And again, this is all jmo.
Jerking myself off?
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

FiatLux wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:07 am Last team I wanted the Warriors too see out the east.

Going to be a great series.

Dubs in 6.

We'll see.

Let's see if game 6 Klay shows up. He almost always does.

Should be a War in Beantown with the C's fighting for their lives.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sorry, I'm seeing Belle and Sebastian tonight instead. Let me know how the game goes!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

I like that new tune they have, Young and Stupid.

Now we're old with creaking bones
Some with partners some alone
Some with kids and some with dogs
Getting through the nightly slog

I should ask Smackie to play it.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

These guys never got called for any violations.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Do you guys even know the definition of "traveling?" Or is it a case of "I know it when I see it" (which I suspect is the case). Because it truly is a judgement call and it has changed at least once recently. The guys making the calls are trained to see it. You are not.
The NBA Board of Governors has approved new language in the NBA rule book that governs traveling violations. The revision will not change the substance of the rule but will help eliminate the gap between the rule as written and how it has been applied in NBA games.
https://official.nba.com/new-language-i ... iolations/
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Mikey wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:12 pm These guys never got called for any violations.

Whatabout

Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Mikey wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:22 pm
Do you guys even know the definition of "traveling?" Or is it a case of "I know it when I see it" (which I suspect is the case). Because it truly is a judgement call and it has changed at least once recently. The guys making the calls are trained to see it. You are not.
The NBA Board of Governors has approved new language in the NBA rule book that governs traveling violations. The revision will not change the substance of the rule but will help eliminate the gap between the rule as written and how it has been applied in NBA games.
https://official.nba.com/new-language-i ... iolations/
You are right, of course, but it really doesn’t matter when you live your life as a ========== >>> Purist!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Bill in Houston wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:29 pm
You are right, of course, but it really doesn’t matter when you live your life as a ========== >>> Purist!
Well, this…and you know that the NHL, MLB, and NFL have never altered any of their rules to improve the flow of their games, or bring them in line with how the athletes are actually playing them.
Last edited by Mikey on Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

All tennis rackets have always been built in the exact same size, and of the exact same materials.

That is the way of the ——————-> purists.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Tennis was best when they all wore long white pants and played exclusively on -----> the lawn.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Only one team in the league's history has won the title on the road in Boston in 75 years.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Softball Bat wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:17 pm Tennis was best when they all wore long white pants and played exclusively on -----> the lawn.
They had white balls, too.

Huzzah!!!

I’m sure that Tilden would have kicked the shit out of any of today’s pussified players.

Followed by a liaison with one of the “ball boys.”
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Mikey wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:57 am
poptart wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:17 pm Tennis was best when they all wore long white pants and played exclusively on -----> the lawn.
They had white balls, too.

Huzzah!!!

I’m sure that Tilden would have kicked the shit out of any of today’s pussified players.

Followed by a liaison with one of the “ball boys.”
Those guys don't look very gay.

In my early days of tennis I used white balls.

Yellow balls was a nice advancement, though.
Better for viewing.