TrollTalk

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Re: TrollTalk

Post by Smackie Chan »

The next victim on TrollTalk will be...Jay in Phoenix! Tune in to T1B Radio Sun at 1:00 pm Eastern (rescheduled from Wed) to listen live, and feel free to submit any questions you'd like to have asked or any topics you want him to discuss.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Smackie: "So when you're not listening to T1B radio, vaporizing, or getting locked out of your house, do you have any other activities or hobbies that keep you busy?"

Barflie: "Uhh, not really."

:lol:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Yeah, you've got to come up with some kind of answer there, BarF.

Otherwise you're leaving it up to the minds of dozens of us trools out here to imagine wth you're doing with your time.

You damn jack off.

:wink:
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Cut 'Flie some slack. Vaporizing can be a full-time gig.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

poptart wrote:Yeah, you've got to come up with some kind of answer there, BarF.

Otherwise you're leaving it up to the minds of dozens of us trools out here to imagine wth you're doing with your time.

You damn jack off.

Face it assholes, no matter what kind of answer I gave to that question you creative dudes would have shit all over it :)
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Yeah, pretty much so.
Just about any "personal" info that a person reveals about himself -----> gets turned back around on him at some point on the board.

That's one reason I am a fan of Smackie's interview shows.

More board fodder.

:)
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Need to reschedule a second time - guest is unavailable today.

Tom Waits
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

No plan B ?
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

I think the interviews should be scheduled on the same day and time each week just like the music shows are. That way everyone involved can plan in advance and be ready. Smackie can also plan ahead for a backup guest if the scheduled one can't make it. Then the show will still go on... jmo
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

That or record a couple and then if the scheduled guest can't make it the show still goes on.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Har-har. Tis to laugh. :meds:

Call in when I really am on. I"ll tear ya NEW ONE!!!!!!!!

or......

Nah. I'm too mellow now a days. It's all good. The calling thing was a decade ago or more. I met some really REALLY good people though. Including yourself.
What were we just talking about?
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

Left Seater wrote:That or record a couple and then if the scheduled guest can't make it the show still goes on.
Can't do that LS. The shows are recorded live as they happen with folks in the chat having an opportunity to ask question so the whole show is adlib. Some other guest that has agreed to do it can be asked to jump in at the last minute but there is no way to pre-record this kind of LIVE interview.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

BarFlie wrote:
Left Seater wrote:That or record a couple and then if the scheduled guest can't make it the show still goes on.
Can't do that LS. The shows are recorded live as they happen with folks in the chat having an opportunity to ask question so the whole show is adlib. Some other guest that has agreed to do it can be asked to jump in at the last minute but there is no way to pre-record this kind of LIVE interview.

Oh, I get it, but this is radio. My buddy has a syndicated show and I have seen all the tricks of the trade. Plenty of ways to have a live show with questions from the peanut gallery and the show still recorded a week ahead of time.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Working on getting Jay's interview rescheduled for this weekend, but am pleased to announce that Roger the Shrubber will be my guest this evening at 7 PM Eastern! Tune in for what promises to be an entertaining discussion.

Tom Waits
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Cool. I'd like to ask him about his "board history", how he got to the existing boards like this one.
I may be in a bit late and will play tunes when you are done.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Well....time to fire up. 8)
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Roger the Shrubber interview, mp3 and wma. I didn't fade the music out all the way at the beginning so the intro sounds a bit fucked up. Rookie mistake.

Tom Waits
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Nice job, Smackie, Rog.

But Rog, I think you're a little off with your DMike comments.
A regular at .net, the guy posts nothing but quality takes.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Interesting. I figured the wheelchair/scooter stories were just that. I vaguely remember the Monty Python Holy Grail references that were running around at the time and Scott picking up his nickname. His trail to T1B pretty much follows mine except I was in early on SmackChat #1. Will be cool if Jay in Fauxnix follows up on his time.

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Ha, ha. Thanks good one, Smackie and Rog.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BarFlie wrote:Hey Wolfman, I was a member of .net before joining T1B in 2006. Most popular trolling boards often were mentioned at .net and after being banned from there 3 times I started annoying people on other boards. :grin:
holy shit, my oldest brother was in the 101st Airborne around the same time you were there.....don't know the specifics of which unit he was in but I remember he was in a battle where their camp was overrun and a boatload of american soldiers got killed.....he was a medical corpsmam

props to smackie and barflie, interesting listen....
get out, get out while there's still time
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

I listened to the entire 43 minutes and 18 seconds and only heard my name twice. You guys suck.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Python wrote:I listened to the entire 43 minutes and 18 seconds and only heard my name twice. You guys suck.
I guarantee you'll hear it more if you're a guest on the show.

Tom Waits
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

That might work.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Troll talk on hiatus? Inquiring minds gots to know.

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Wolfman wrote:Troll talk on hiatus? Inquiring minds gots to know.
It's going to be a catch-as-catch-can kind of dealio; nothing regularly scheduled, at least for the near future. It requires coordination and scheduling of three people, sometimes across three times zones - the guest, the engineer, and the host. The Jay interview may air today, but we won't know until almost the last minute. I have two other guests lined up that I'll have to try to schedule. I'd like to make it a regular thing, but it may never happen. Just one of those things. The good thing is the shows get recorded and are available anytime.

Tom Waits
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

The Jay in Phoenix interview is linked in this thread's first post, where all interview links will be posted.

Tom Waits
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Rack the guests who've been gracious enough to appear on the show so far. They've all done great jobs.

I do a little prep work before the shows, jotting down a few questions and trying not to come off as a bumbling iodot. Don't think I'd do too well trying to improvise or just carrying on a relaxed conversation. But I fear the questions are starting to become redundant and predictable, and would like to avoid that. Keeping things fresh and the guests off-guard are among my goals if this is to be something that has any legs. Asking questions about a guest's background, geography, musical interests, sports, politics, board history, posters they like & dislike, etc, all seem to be obvious and natural types of questions, but may not be the most interesting to either the guests or the listeners. I'd welcome any suggestions y'all may have to spice things up a bit.

I have "commitments" from R-Jack & Python to appear on the show and will be working on getting them scheduled. Feel free to feed me ideas, either on the board or through PM, if there's anything in particular you'd like me to discuss with them or if you have any insight or stories about them I could use. Ideally, TrollTalk would be a weekly show that would be conducted at the same time and day each week, but that's simply not possible. I'd be satisfied if I'm able to get a couple shows done each month at this point. Huge racks to BarFlie for making himself available to record the shows, edit them, create the links, host the shows on his server, and make them available for listeners to access at their convenience. Doing the show would quite simply be impossible without him.

I have an idea I'd like to try sometime that could be fun. I have a conference call number I'd like to use for one-on-one verbal debates. Some initial thoughts would be mvscal vs. ...well, anybody, but I think I'd like to have him go up against Moving Sale first. Others might be Screw Michigan vs. Goober McToober, Papa Willie vs. Milton/m2/The State/whatever his latest nic is, 88 vs. LTS, Shlomo vs. Mikey, Dinsdale vs. Jsc, etc. Scheduling something like this would add another layer of complexity to the issue since it would require 4 people to be available at the same time, putting together a set of intelligent questions would be a challenge for my limited abilities, and enforcing any ground rules might be a problem although a free-for-all format could be more entertaining. Just a thought, not sure it'll come to fruition, but I'd welcome whatever help I could get in putting together questions and suggesting pairings. Poll threads could also be posted afterward to help determine who "wins" the debates.

I have fun hosting TrollTalk and think it's a relatively fresh twist on message boarding. Understand some may find it boring, stupid, non-entertaining, or - ~gasp~ - even vapid, but there seems to be enough interest in it to keep it going for at least a little while longer. Thanks for the kind words and the encouragement to those who've offered them, to BarFlie for all he contributes, and of course to the guests.

Tom Waits
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Smackie wrote:I do a little prep work before the shows, jotting down a few questions and trying not to come off as a bumbling iodot. Don't think I'd do too well trying to improvise or just carrying on a relaxed conversation. But I fear the questions are starting to become redundant and predictable, and would like to avoid that. Keeping things fresh and the guests off-guard are among my goals if this is to be something that has any legs. Asking questions about a guest's background, geography, musical interests, sports, politics, board history, posters they like & dislike, etc, all seem to be obvious and natural types of questions, but may not be the most interesting to either the guests or the listeners. I'd welcome any suggestions y'all may have to spice things up a bit.

What kind of tree would you be?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Or you could go Roy Firestone to Pete Rose...

Roy Firestone: How would you have been as a woman?

Pete Rose: I'd have been an ugly one.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Or, my real question for most of the losers here -- since it's apparent that most are in the midst of their mid-life crisis...

poptart: If you could go back in time to when you were say, 26 years old, and go a completely different way than you went, where would you go, what would you pursue, and what do you imagine you'd be doing now?
Last edited by poptart on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Tree? woman?? pull-eeze. Spare us that kind of crap. Since most of us have never really met most of the other denizens of this place, the questions you've been using are just fine.
I don't want to see T1B go down in a full fledged flame war. Been there done that and it's really not much fun. What would be fun might be trying to lure back a few folks like Luther, Mace, Mike the Lab Rat for example and see how they are doing. I guess that's a tall order, just one man's thoughts.

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Wolfman wrote:What would be fun might be trying to lure back a few folks like Luther, Mace, Mike the Lab Rat for example and see how they are doing.
I've tried to get one of them (won't disclose which one). He politely declined.

Tom Waits
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Smackie Chan wrote:
Wolfman wrote:What would be fun might be trying to lure back a few folks like Luther, Mace, Mike the Lab Rat for example and see how they are doing.
I've tried to get one of them (won't disclose which one). He politely declined.
If you are talking about who I think you are, I'm trying to help out. We'll see, but don't hold your breath.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I hope Luther appears on TrollTalk.

I like to think the best of human beings -- so I'd welcome explanation.

Last post nearly EIGHT YEARS AGO, yet he lurks, monitors the board, and breaks off PMs here-and-there.

Eight years of this.

Honestly, I get the heebie-jeebies just thinking about that.

I'm sorry, Luther's legacy as a great read and fun poster is secure.
Who doesn't dig Luther posts?

But this is -----> creepy.

Really.

Like a drifter sitting tucked away in his old, beat up station wagon in the corner of a Safeway parking lot -- watching people walk in, out, and around.

As always, calling it as I see it.

Say something, Luther.

Clear your name.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote: Who doesn't dig Luther posts?
I didn't and I'm quite sure the regard is mutual.

I'd rather re-incarnate Purple-Rox or drag orcinus, JiT3 or Q-bert out of their self imposed exile.

Regardless, Luther is a pussy who can go fuck himself. I hope he reads this. If not, somebody can relay the message.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Wagon wrote:Purple-Rox or drag orcinus, JiT3 or Q-bert
Two of these people still lurk.

*INSIDE SOURCES* have relayed it to me.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Luther isn't interested. Trust me.

Rip City
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I don't get why you losers slob knobs of posters who can't even bother to post here over an 8yr timespan. There might be something wrong with them, but there's definitely something wrong with you.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.