RACK the TuneTownians!

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Moving Sale

Re: RACK the TuneTownians!

Post by Moving Sale »

Yea I kinda skimmed your post. 58 to creston? Unless you are driving up 229 for some reason keep heading west on 58 into Santa margarita and hit the Range. Now THAT'S some good eats.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Moving Sale wrote:Yea I kinda skimmed your post. 58 to creston? Unless you are driving up 229 for some reason keep heading west on 58 into Santa margarita and hit the Range. Now THAT'S some good eats.
Might try that at some point but my interest in Creston is more for the wine than the food. We'll be stopping at a couple or three places in the area (Shadow Run and Chateaux Margene on La Panza Road, Still Waters, maybe B&E on Creston Rd) on the way to Paso and will probably need some food. Loading Chute seems pretty convenient to that route.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Sounds good
Enjoy the drive on 58/229 cause it's about an hr or two out of your way.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Actually, according to Google Maps, from my house if I go up the 15 and then veer off on the 138 before Hesperia and take it all the way through Palmdale and Lancaster, and then west to Lebec to get to the 5, it's pretty much a wash (depending on traffic), time and distance-wise, compared to going up the 101, which is how we usually do it. Plus, an interesting drive and I get to miss all of OC and LA.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

I meant once u get to 5 you can take 58 to 229 or you can hit 46 to creston
58 to 229 is nicer but takes longer.
And 15 to 210 to 5 is a way better way to get to the 5 unless you go when 210west is packed.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

All true, but I've been on all the other roads and wanted to take the scenic route. I have five days before going back to work and I'm not in a hurry.

I'll probably take the 166 and 33, and go through Taft just for the fuck of it. Might even see an oil well.