Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: Paris/Nice Trip Advice

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

whoa!

:shock:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Atomic Punk wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote: And you're dead wrong about trying to speak french. One of the french tour guides I met in Yosemite (lots of frogs visit there) said that the french will be more hospitable if one attempts to speak their language (as it would be anyplace). Nice fail there, Rupaul.
Look you kiddie diddling sandal wearing faggot, nobody asked for your opinion. Tell me how it is in France since you've met French people in where again?

Fuck off Diego in Sandusky...
B+
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Question for KC Scott:

We're travelling to Italy in the fall, and I see that the Euro is falling down close to the $1.20 range. Should I get some now, or do you see it going even lower in the next month or two?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:First and foremost if Italy were to default and pull out of the EU then the Euro would be worthless there.
That isn't going to happen in the next couple months or so.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Yeah. Or at all even. I just used my debit card most of the time I was there.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Just stop now, cheers.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Thanks for the advice, Scott.

Thanks for not being a total prick, mvscal.

Thanks for nothing, Feebs.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

A little late to the party, but . . .

I visited France while in the Navy. That was over 20 years ago, and I'm sure some things have changed, but . . .

Since I visited both Paris (overnight tour that my command sponsored) and the South of France, my personal preference would be Paris (although it is much colder than the South of France in winter). A bit more cosmopolitan, and believe it or not, a lot less crime than in Marseille (which was the longest port visit my ship had on a Med deployment).

I do disagree, based on personal experience, with AP's assertion that one should not try to speak the language. At least for me, "Do you speak English?" generally met with brusque negative replies. OTOH, "Parlais vous Anglais?" almost always generated a positive response. Most people there do speak English (again, my experience) and are willing to help you out in that regard, but expect you to go at least a little bit of the way to meet them.

People bring their dogs into restaurants. Women don't shave their armpits. Both are a little shocking at first, but eventually you get used to it.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

KC Scott wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Question for KC Scott:

We're travelling to Italy in the fall, and I see that the Euro is falling down close to the $1.20 range. Should I get some now, or do you see it going even lower in the next month or two?
Uhhh..... is there smack hidden in this question somehwere?

If not - Are you asking if you should buy Euro dollars now based on the exchange rate?

If that is the question - I'd say no for a couple reasons. First and foremost if Italy were to default and pull out of the EU then the Euro would be worthless there. It's a very longshot, but i don't like anything that's happening there right now.

Second reason is there is Zero catalyst for the Euro to strengthen against the dollar in the short term. The EU has stopped just short of "printing" more Euros though buying the garbage bonds of Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal and Ireland has basically the same effect

There are some folks predicting the euro will drop to par with dollar short term, and while I don't know if that's correct I sure don't see any urgency to buy them now.

1 euro = 1.2910 US dollars

Thanks for nothing, Mr. Financial Guru. :lol:

L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

socal:

Me & the lady went to Paris back in July, was an awesome trip. I'll try to hijack this thread later with some PET. Off the top of my head, here are a list of restaurants we ate at that were pretty top-notch:

Market
Petrelle
LeGrand Colbert (from Something's Gotta Give)
La Fontaine de Mars
Bread & Roses (great breakfast)
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

We are going to Italy. And have time to visit one other country. So far, I decided it would be Spain. Then I changed it to Germany. Then France. Such a tough decision.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

trev...there are no Olive Gardens in Italy. I just thought you should know.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:trev...there are no Olive Gardens in Italy. I just thought you should know.
Really? I thought it was so authenic. I might as well stay home.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I had a house party several years ago and got into a pretty heated argument with one of my roommates over the authenticity of Olive Garden. For some reason, this tard took the position that Olive Garden was "authentic" Italian food. This scaled from petty bickering to full-on, in each others' faces, ready to trade blows, flaring testosterone. The room, once full of people chatting and having fun, soon got silent and awkward. I'm pretty sure I "won" the debate, but it was at the expense of multiple people leaving.

Good times.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

That's actually hilarious.

You should ask him if he thinks Taco Bell is authenic Mexican food.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:For some reason, this tard took the position that Olive Garden was "authentic" Italian food.
So you know Damn the Cowboys?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Goober McTuber wrote:
KC Scott wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Question for KC Scott:

Uhhh..... is there smack hidden in this question somehwere?

If not - Are you asking if you should buy Euro dollars now based on the exchange rate?

If that is the question - I'd say no for a couple reasons. First and foremost if Italy were to default and pull out of the EU then the Euro would be worthless there. It's a very longshot, but i don't like anything that's happening there right now.

Second reason is there is Zero catalyst for the Euro to strengthen against the dollar in the short term. The EU has stopped just short of "printing" more Euros though buying the garbage bonds of Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal and Ireland has basically the same effect

There are some folks predicting the euro will drop to par with dollar short term, and while I don't know if that's correct I sure don't see any urgency to buy them now.

1 euro = 1.2910 US dollars

Thanks for nothing, Mr. Financial Guru. :lol:
Pretty much as soon as Guru said that, the Euro began to rise.

Euro up to 1.30 USD.

Guess what?

KC Dumbshit is WRONG again!!

:lol:
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Left Seater wrote:Unless you don't have a choice, go somewhere else in Europe.
my college gf studied french and wanted to go to paris for our spring break. i thought paris was gay and said no thanks, i'd rather sit around in ypsilanti, michigan instead. bought me a ticket anyhow and drove my ass to chicago so i could expedite my passport application. we broke up the second day we were there (mad blowout in the louvre), leaving me all by mahself for six days. had such a great time i've been back twice since then.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Just from personal experience Paris is way overrated. I have spent plenty of time both on work and personal trips there and it continues to fall below my expectations.

You can have the rude smokers in that city any day.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Left Seater wrote:You can have the rude smokers in that city any day.
I will, thanks. And you can have the rubberized, prefab, portable tourist milking station in whichever shithole you prefer. Enjoy your Royale with Cheese, slapdick.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

I haven't been there since I was an exchange student in 1986, so I have one recommendation...

If you have a chance to take a drive, visit The Brittany American Cemetery near Normandy. Walking through seemingly endless rows of crosses and reading the names and ranks of those who made the ultimate sacrifice is a truly moving experience.

It'll also get you out of the city and into the French country-side which is as beautiful a drive as you'll find anywhere.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

mvscal wrote:
Left Seater wrote:You can have the rude smokers in that city any day.
I will, thanks. And you can have the rubberized, prefab, portable tourist milking station in whichever shithole you prefer. Enjoy your Royale with Cheese, slapdick.

Thanks, I will, starting with the British Virgin Islands next week.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

AP is wrong....again. The frenchies will be more hospitable if you at least attempt to butcher their language.

I did the USN French Riviera tour thingy as well about the time terry did. Mostly Cannnes and Toulon. Went to Nice and MC. MC is kind of nice if you just want to see how assholes spend enormous sums of money they didn't earn themselves.

The best thing to do and this goes for Italy or pretty much any place actually, is to get in a car and drive off the beaten path away from the cities. People are nicer in small towns pretty much anywhere. Cities are for miserable cunts.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.