Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Atomic Punk
antagonist

Re: Northern California vacation

Post by Atomic Punk »

R-Jack wrote:
Rooster wrote:My home is near Modesto,
Condolences
Seriously, it's a shithole even Fresnecks can look down upon.
Rooster wrote: You could spend the night at either the Seven Gabels Inn or The Green Gabel Inn (my wife's favorite). Can't go wrong there. Make a reservation though.

17 Mile Drive isn't necessarily worth a special trip unless you want to see the Lonely Cypress or Pebble Beach golf course if you're a duffer. Monterey is great though. It's quiet, full of great places to see and restaurants to dine at, and many things to do.
:dins: :dins: :dins: :dins: :dins: :dins: :dins:

Those Gabel Inn's are on the main drag between the Aquarium and Pacific Grove. PG has a community golf course like a Torrey Pines in San Diego. Then you have the golf courses inside the gated Forest: Spanish Bay (we are members there), Monterey Peninsula Golf Course, Spyglass, Poppy Hills, Cypress Point (the Pro-Am was played there until the members stopped it. They play from 0800 to 1100 and then the place is dead the rest of the day. They won't even allow any non-member to park on their premises. I don't think there are any minorities that are members there to this day). Finally, you have Pebble Beach which is near the Carmel gate.

The Monterey Bay Aquarium is cool to see. That is easily a 3 hour visit but it's cool to see at least once in a lifetime. I've heard it's now expensive but then again I know where to park for free and get free passes to go in there when I'm bored.

If you toured the aquarium, drove the 17-mile drive from inside the Pacific Grove gate and out of the Carmel gate along the water, then to Point Lobos... I would say you've had a good time. My 2 cents...

:dins: :dins: :dins: :dins: :dins: :dins: :dins:
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Martyred wrote:Image
Nice cameo appearance from Islamic Rage Boy on the far left. Does that goat fucker get paid to attend all these functions?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Rooster wrote:To get from SF to Yosemite is going to take you approximately 5-7 hours. If you can see if there is a bed available at the Ahwanee Hotel at Yosemite. Not too likely, but maybe someone cancelled for the time you'll be there.
Just be prepared for a rate of at least $250/night...minimum. :meds:
Winter is almost guaranteed to have rooms available and is the best time to visit Yose. No crowds, quiet, more relaxed, idyllic for a Christmas vacation.
I'll agree with that...not to mention comparatively cheap downhill skiing & spectacular xcountry terrain.
However, if you go in the months of June, July, and August and plan to drive in, it'll take you up to 10 hours to get there.
Only under very unusual circumstances. I'd say the usual worst case is 5-6 hours.
Best if you are at the gate around 3 or am. No kidding. Otherwise you'll be bussed in from outside the park and STILL wait in line for all the cars in front of you to move.
Wrong on most summer days when it comes to the latter, and you're hyperventilating on the first part.

There's nobody at the gate until 6 or 7am. The gates don't start packing up until 8 or 9am. However, I will say again that the early morning hours will allow one to see more wildlife, and deal with less morons in motorhomes (who can't ever figure out what a fucking turnout is for).

As for being forced to take a bus in...you've got your facts mixed up rooster. While on crowded holiday weekends the rangers have been known to shut down Yosemite Valley to private autos, that's about the only time it happens (and that's only late morning to late afternoon).

Otherwise it's optional to take the YARTS bus in from one of the outlying areas.
If you are there early you'll enjoy the day. Get ahead of the crowds, see the main attractions like Bridal Veil Fall, the little church, Yosemite Falls, and get a good seat at the Ahwanee for lunch.
Fuck the Ahwahnee Hotel for lunch. Grab a sandwich, chips & a soda @ Degnan's Deli in Yosemite Village & enjoy your lunch outside. You'll eat better, pay a fuckload less money, & have a better view.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Dinsdale wrote:But as a non-resident, I'd say that when visiting NoCal, if you stick to the coast or the mountains, you're golden.
Dinsdale wrote: And if you're not near the coast, the weather sucks balls.
If you were any dumber your heart would forget to beat.