Today is Big 10 day (and a bad day it was)

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: Today is Big 10 day

Post by indyfrisco »

Killian wrote:I think Meyer is a lot like Phil Jackson. Guy is great, when he has the best player in the sport on his team.
Denver has an opening I guess. :lol:
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Today is Big 10 day

Post by King Crimson »

TheJON wrote: They could beat any team in the country and they proved that.
well, except for S. Carolina, LSU and Auburn.
TheJON wrote:I know the Big-10's bowl schedule wasn't quite as tough as having 3 10+ win teams face teams with 8 or fewer wins in bowl games like the Big-12, though.
why not just post this in all the threads. lol. whine some more. jeez, an 8 win Big Ten team is probably already better than an undefeated Big XII team....we all know that from your holy "I'm not a Big Ten homer" scriptures. so, no excuses here J. can't play both sides.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Re: Today is Big 10 day (and a bad day it was)

Post by TheJON »

well, except for S. Carolina, LSU and Auburn.
They CAN'T beat those teams??? They lost by a whole 4 points combined to LSU and Auburn so I'm pretty fucking certain they're capable of beating them. I know, I know.......if you lose by a point it's a 100% fact that the losing team would NEVER have any prayer in hell of defeating the team they lost to. If they played 85,000 times, obviously Alabama would lose all 85,000, right?

why not just post this in all the threads. lol. whine some more. jeez, an 8 win Big Ten team is probably already better than an undefeated Big XII team....we all know that from your holy "I'm not a Big Ten homer" scriptures. so, no excuses here J. can't play both sides.
You're right man. Obviously this is just an excuse and the Big-12 played just as tough of a bowl schedule as the Big-10. I'm such a homer, right? Oh, wait, I forgot, KC..........which 3 Big-10 teams with 10+ wins faced 3 teams with 8 or fewer wins? Cuz I can think of 3 Big-12 schools that did.

Let's see here.......

The combined record of Big-10 BCS bowl opponents = 22-2.
The record of the Big-12's BCS bowl opponent = 8-4

Here is who your Top 4 teams faced:

11-2 Oklahoma vs 8-4 UCONN
10-3 Nebraska vs 6-6 Washington
10-2 Missouri vs 7-5 Iowa
10-2 Oklahoma State vs 7-5 Arizona

Your top 4 faced teams with a combined 28-20 record........and they only went 2-2!!!

Here is what the Top 4 from the Big-10 faced

11-1 Wisconsin vs 12-0 TCU
10-2 Ohio State vs 10-2 Arkansas
11-1 Michigan St vs 9-3 Alabama
7-5 Iowa vs 10-2 Missouri

Big-10 Top 4 opponents combined for a 41-7 record..........and so far they are 1-2 with Ohio St to play tomorrow.

All of your Top 4 teams faced opponents with at least 2 wins fewer.

Yeah, man......obviously this is just an excuse. Uhhh.........or it's the truth. Oh, and why would I need to make excuses? Last I checked..........my team won their bowl game. Who gives a fuck what the rest of the conference did? It was sorta like in 2008 when the conference went 1-6 and ISU fans were giving Iowa shit because our conference sucks. Who fucking cares? Iowa won. I hope the other teams win their bowl games, but I don't really care all that much. If Iowa wins and the rest of the Big-10 loses, it was a GREAT bowl season because that's really the only bowl game that I care all that much about. But keep thinking I'm making excuses. Facts are not excuses. Take a look at the above stats I listed for you........you still think this is just an excuse???