Can anybody name someone more worthy than Barack Obama...

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Re: Can anybody name someone more worthy than Barack Obama...

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

BSmack wrote:So, the closest we have is Terry with the vague generalization that some folks in a link he provided have a "more complete" record. My assumption is that they have "more experience" because when I look at the causes they are working on, not a one of them is even remotely close to fruition.
Any efforts in peace are always a work in progress, wouldn't you agree? We humans suck at peace, unfortunately.

And after having had the opportunity to think about this over the weekend, I'm in a "why ask why" mode. Not to sound Vogelish, but we are witnessing a rare moment in history. Only three sitting U.S. Presidents ever received the Nobel Peace Prize, and anyone who posts on this board ('cept maybe Wolfman) is too young to remember another President receiving the award.

In any event, even if this is essentially a "At Least he's not Dubya" award, I'm okay with that. After all, it's always fun to point out to the righties here the nearly universal contempt in which their hero is held, even if they, and he, wear that contempt as a badge of honor.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:In any event, even if this is essentially a "At Least he's not Dubya" award, I'm okay with that. After all, it's always fun to point out to the righties here the nearly universal contempt in which their hero is held, even if they, and he, wear that contempt as a badge of honor.
If W is someones hero, they should be shot in the head.
If Obama is someones hero, they should be shot in the head.

I think we would be a lot closer to peace in the US after that.

Give me my 1.4 million
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
BSmack wrote:So, the closest we have is Terry with the vague generalization that some folks in a link he provided have a "more complete" record. My assumption is that they have "more experience" because when I look at the causes they are working on, not a one of them is even remotely close to fruition.
Any efforts in peace are always a work in progress, wouldn't you agree? We humans suck at peace, unfortunately.

And after having had the opportunity to think about this over the weekend, I'm in a "why ask why" mode. Not to sound Vogelish, but we are witnessing a rare moment in history. Only three sitting U.S. Presidents ever received the Nobel Peace Prize, and anyone who posts on this board ('cept maybe Wolfman) is too young to remember another President receiving the award.

I don't think previous generations of award voters would have given someone like Obama the prize. I'm sure Nobel did a few spins when this year's winner was announced.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Only a very few of the NPP recipients haven't been unaccomplished, vacuous fuckpuddles like Obama, and nobody who ever actually did anything productive to bring about peace- let alone accomplish bringing about peace has ever won it.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

In other news...

On Sunday, Father Damien of Molokai

was canonized but Pope Palpatine I

inspiring a mob of crazy Samoans to overrun the Vatican.

Stay tuned for updates.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Is it too early to look forward to next year's honoree?

The 2010 Nobel Peace Prize
If Obama 2009 is the reindeer steak, Polanski 2010 will be the lingonberry sauce.

By Mary Eberstadt

MEMORANDUM
TO: Thorbjørn Jagland, Chairperson, Norwegian Nobel Committee

Dear Sir:

First, our warmest congratulations on your committee’s stunning Prize choice for 2009!

We hope that you don’t let the carping from around the world get you down. Okay, so Barack Obama is to global experience what Silvio Berlusconi is to stoicism. But what’s a worldwide embarrassment compared to typing “Norway” into Google News and actually getting hits back? So what if Lech Walesa — all right, and a few million other critics — complained, “Who, Obama? So fast? Too fast.” Tell Walesa he can kiss this year’s pickled-herring gift box goodbye. What did he ever do for world peace, anyway?

On the other hand, that’s some new standard you’ve set in a Peace Prize winner! Not to mention a hard act for your 2010 search committee to follow. Michael Moore we rejected as just too obvious. Hugo Chávez’s 15 seconds have come and gone. Given the challenges of finding a candidate who can live up to this year’s winner, we also took a long hard look at the posthumous possibilities. But these too seemed overfished. We thought of honoring Martin Luther King Jr. again, but his ability actually to give a compelling speech, as opposed to just getting praised for such, made some search-committee members worry about odious comparisons to the 2009 winner. And Jesus Christ was unanimously rejected as too divisive.

Nevertheless, and despite the challenges, we’re pleased to report that we have arrived at a truly serendipitous Candidate for 2010.

1. First and most important, as a peacemaker our Candidate has already accomplished the nearly impossible: He has united political opinion on the American Left, Right, and Center as no one else in recent memory.

Admittedly, what has brought those factions together is the idea of locking our Candidate in an American slammer and losing the key. But let’s not overemphasize the negative here. Not even our 2009 Prize winner can claim to have made Katha Pollitt write like Ann Coulter. We can hardly wait to see how our Candidate unifies opinion in the Middle East!

2. Similarly, though in a different way, our Candidate for the 2010 Peace Prize has also united Hollywood like no other criminal offender in years (Heidi Fleiss arguably excepted).

Recall the entertainment community’s courageous defense of our Candidate during his recent time of need. It’s a safe bet that no one will be happier with our proposed choice for 2010. And you know what that means: No more packing dried codfish for the next global-warming workshops in L.A. We’ll get a place at the sushi bar somewhere now for sure. N.B.: Speaking of paparazzi, imagine the sensation Whoopi Goldberg will cause in Oslo! Idea: We might even want her to confer the “prize prize,” in recognition of her statement that what the Candidate did wasn’t “rape rape.”

3. Further to his moral credit, our Candidate also shows promise of drawing attention to a group badly in need of humanitarian aid: sex tourists who shop for kids. Like Pee-Wee Herman before him, our Candidate stands to become a peacemaker in the most important way of all: as a rallying cry for an oppressed sexual minority.

In fact, he already is one. Just look at the courageous example of French culture minister Frédéric Mitterrand, who defended our Candidate against the puritanical Americans — and who now turns out to have written in an “autobiographical novel” about all those “boys” he has romanced for pay in hot-hot-hot Thailand. “The abundance of very attractive and immediately available young boys put me in a state of desire,” M. Mitterrand explained. Personally, your search committee cannot understand what M. Mitterrand’s critics are complaining about. Where did they expect him to go looking for half-naked Asian boys who’ll do anything for money? The Finnmark Plateau?

4. The increased fraternity and empowering of sex tourists around the world will further advance another important cause: the redistribution of wealth from the advanced nations to the developing ones, thus benefiting the local economies that need it most.

This happy result, we submit, is additional evidence of our Candidate’s future promise as a peacemaker. And since Norway in particular is obviously heavier on the export than the import side of sex tourism, the Nobel Committee’s decision will make plain that we are prepared to act even against our own economic interests. That’s one disclaimer that might come in handy as we try to recoup the world’s good opinion after 2009!

In sum, Mr. Chairperson, as you put it so compellingly in defending your choice of Obama, “Can someone tell me who did more than him this year?” We respectfully suggest that depending on what the meaning of “did” was, our Candidate might just take the smoked lamb’s head.

Again, look at the bright side: Plenty of folks right now think Obama is the most inappropriate honoree for the Nobel Peace Prize in history. At a minimum, Roman Polanski 2010 will prove them wrong!
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I get it. Ligonberry sauce is a Swedish thing. The Nobel Prize is a Swedish thing too. What a great way for Mary to show her encyclopedic knowledge and connect the two things in a somewhat humorous way.

I'm impressed that she's apparently been to the cafeteria at IKEA and actually read the menu cards.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

BSmack wrote:Can you name one personal success she has had that contributes to world peace?
World peace does not exist nor will it ever. World dominance may occur at some point, but not world peace. Until something comes into existance, then and only then can you guage what did or did not contribute to it. This is why the NPP is, and has always been, a joke.

Now, I would argue that what avoids bringing more terror/hurt/pain in the world keeps unrest from occurring (in other words, keeping the peace), I would say anyone who pulls the trigger on a rift of darkies off the coast of Somalia from hijacking another vessel deserves it more than Obama. They keep goods from being stolen (ensuring arrival to their final destination, rid the world of some uneeded stains, possibly save lives of those onboard the cargo vessel and help kill the will of these pirates.

Oh, by the way, I heard Obama watched a couple college football games. Count him in the running for the Heisman this year.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

How about this girl and the money can go to her family.....
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I really like how BSmack keeps avoiding this:
Perfectly good candidate along with a set of accomplishments extremely worthy. See that? ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Not (bad) ideas that have not nor likely will never come to fruition.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

IndyFrisco wrote:I really like how BSmack keeps avoiding this:
Perfectly good candidate along with a set of accomplishments extremely worthy. See that? ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Not (bad) ideas that have not nor likely will never come to fruition.
I've had Boldiogenes on ignore since he came back. Occasionally I'll manually open one of his posts, but most of the time I allow the ignore feature to do its job and make this board more readable.

Oh, and as the link you copied says, Mugabe is still making his country a living hell. Were it not for multilateral pressure brought to bear on Mugabe, even Tsvangirai's token presence would have never happened.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

BSmack wrote:Oh, and as the link you copied says, Mugabe is still making his country a living hell.
So maybe he'll be in the running in 2010. It is peaceful there. And any dissenters find a nice peaceful grave.

ImageImage
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

BSmack wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:I really like how BSmack keeps avoiding this:
I've had Boldiogenes on ignore since he came back. Occasionally I'll manually open one of his posts, but most of the time I allow the ignore feature to do its job and make this board more readable.

Oh, and as the link you copied says, Mugabe is still making his country a living hell. Were it not for multilateral pressure brought to bear on Mugabe, even Tsvangirai's token presence would have never happened.
You asked for a worthy candidate. He gave you one.
Earlier this month the International Monetary Fund agreed to extend a line of credit for $800 million. And other nations have donated funds as long as they were spent on humanitarian efforts. Media reports indicate that the lives of the majority of people have marginally improved since Tsvangirai was made prime minister roughly a year ago.
There's a lot more done in that than Obama has done. Because of his efforst as prime minister, they were given an $800 million LOC as well as other donations from other nations on condition they be used for humanitarian efforts.

So, whether or not you fucking believe these efforts to be worthy of the NPP is irrelavent. You aren't the fucking judge.

Now that someone has given you a person and some accomplishments worthy of consideration, answer the fucking question you keep avoiding (or have you just gotten to the end of the google road?)

What has Obama done to deserve the NPP?

Any more deflections and you're done here...not that you haven't already accomplished that in this thread. Your avoidance is as mJewesque as I've seen since...well, mJew's last bail. Answer or STFU.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

^^^^ Ponderous.

You are aware that the IMF is a classic example of the American led global multilateralism that Obama was given the prize for in the first place? And that without the clout of IMF funding and other multilateral institutions, Tsvangirai's body would have been Hyena food a long time ago?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Wow...didn't realize Obama created the IMF. :meds:

The lone American on the Management Team was appointed in 2006 under W's watch. :meds:

Oh, and quit lying:
The U.S. Senate will include President Barack Obama's request for up to $100 billion for the International Monetary Fund in its bill to fund the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan,
Quit deflecting. Just give a reason, pussy.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

BSmack wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:What has Obama done to deserve the NPP?

Any more deflections and you're done here...not that you haven't already accomplished that in this thread. Your avoidance is as mJewesque as I've seen since...well, mJew's last bail. Answer or STFU.

ImageImage
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

The google TREX is being overloaded right now. Maybe even google will tell him to STFU.

Seriouly, dude can't answer a question straight up without playing the google game.

BSuck: Google: What has Obama done to deserve the Nobel Peace Prize

Google: Your search request has no results.

BSuck to T1B: [insert deflection here]

rinse. repeat.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Jsc,

I think it is that most conservatives and pretty much everyone except the far left can't stand what he is doing (plus what else he is TRYING to do) to our own damn country that he should get no recognition for what he's NOT doing elsewhere in the world.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Jsc810 wrote:Glenn Beck has a conniption fit and demands that the president not accept what may be the world’s most prestigious honor?
Eugene Robinson is a fucking moron. And nice edit break...
Let the rejectionists fulminate and sputter until they wear themselves out. Politically, they’re only bashing themselves. As Republican leaders—except RNC Chairman Michael Steele—are beginning to realize, “I’m With the Taliban Against America” is not likely to be a winning slogan.
So anyone who disagrees with Barak and Eugene is pro-Taliban?

Very Obamaesque.

Why does Eugene Robinson hate black people?
Last edited by Diogenes on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Jsc810 wrote: Does anyone remember the controversy over Henry Kissinger or Yasser Arafat or F.W. de Klerk?
Notice the author leaves out Carter and Gore. There certainly no controversy there?

The problem for the addlebrained Obama-rejectionists is that the president, as far as they are concerned, couldn’t possibly do anything right
Then tell us what he did right to deserve this "prestigious" award. Something tells me this guy would take the same cowardice route that b-smacked is taking when asked a direct question.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

IndyFrisco wrote:Jsc,

I think it is that most conservatives and pretty much everyone except the far left can't stand what he is doing (plus what else he is TRYING to do) to our own damn country that he should get no recognition for what he's NOT doing elsewhere in the world.
I think that you're pretty much wrong. But then myopia is a fairly common trait among middle age white males.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

The problem for the addlebrained Obama-rejectionists is that the president, as far as they are concerned, couldn’t possibly do anything right
If everyone's taxes were raised equally, I would bitch much less about it than selectively raising them for the people who pay already damn near all the taxes as is. I'm not saying the man and his party do not have any decent ideas, it's the ideas like these that infuriate so many people.

At least Bush's tax CUTS were across the board. And for those who say the tax break on capital gains is for the rich only, no, it was for the smart who invested properly only.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mikey wrote:

I think that you're pretty much wrong. But then myopia is a fairly common trait among middle age white males.
Says the far left myopic.

Why couldn't he get the shitty Plan bill through? Even Democrats were opposed to the initial version of the bill. Even Democrats were critical of his initial request for the $100 billion IMF "loan" (as if we are in the god damned position to loan $100 billion to anyone). Why is Gitmo still open? Why have our troops not been pulled out? He does not have full support of his party for the promises he has made, or he would have delivered SOMETHING by now besides more debt.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

BTW...
Eugene Robinson wrote:The problem for knowledgeable Americans is that the president, as far as they are concerned, couldn’t possibly do anything right
FTFH.

And here's something he's doing right.

Give credit when due.

ImageImage
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

IndyFrisco wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Says the far left myopic.
Duh.

I'm not the one who thinks that I know what PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE thinks. You apparently consider anybody who doesn't think like you do to be "the far left". In that case I guess I can't really disagree. It's a matter of definition. But I still think you're pretty fucking far off base and a lot more myopic than you think you are.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

You want the "far left" opinion? I'll give you the "far left" opinion...

We are fair if nothing else. Obama can have a cigarette and a blindfold.

Go ahead and discuss that at your country club, IndyCuntflaps.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Mikey wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:

I'm not the one who thinks that I know what PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE thinks. You apparently consider anybody who doesn't think to be "the far left".
By next November, we'll find out for sure.

ImageImage
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Your stealthy little edits are really cute.
At least they would be to a kindergartner.

Now why don't you go along and play with some of your fellow mental six year olds.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Martyred wrote:Obama can have a cigarette and a blindfold.

We already discussed that. Just a pipe dream. Hard to smoke a cig with a bag over your head.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Mikey wrote:...fellow mental six year olds.
Quit projecting. I'm no Leftist.

ImageImage
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

IndyFrisco wrote:
Martyred wrote:Obama can have a cigarette and a blindfold.

We already discussed that. Just a pipe dream. Hard to smoke a cig with a bag over your head.
Your president is a piece of shit.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Diogenes wrote:
Mikey wrote:...fellow mental six year olds.
Quit projecting. I'm no Leftist.
If only Little Green Footballs had personal ads...

"Male Seeking Female(?) : Into brooding, fanciful flights of self loathing and just plain staring at chicks through a telescope. Must be into long hair and Fred Kagan. Please reply or just send a shoe I can breathe deeply into each night before I drown my misery in another bottle of Luksusowa."
Why don’t you just STFU.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Martyred wrote:Your president is a piece of shit.
So?
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I don't get the "everyone but the far left thinks this guy is a fuck up" comment.
why is my neighborhood on fire
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Bizzarofelice wrote:I don't get the "everyone but the far left thinks this guy is a fuck up" comment.
Well, we all agree the far left (Mikey, BSmack, etc.) will suck him off on whatever he says/does.

Healthcare, IMF loans, Gitmo, War....these are other issues as I pointed out below.
Why couldn't he get the shitty Plan bill through? Even Democrats were opposed to the initial version of the bill. Even Democrats were critical of his initial request for the $100 billion IMF "loan" (as if we are in the god damned position to loan $100 billion to anyone). Why is Gitmo still open? Why have our troops not been pulled out? He does not have full support of his party for the promises he has made, or he would have delivered SOMETHING by now besides more debt.
Moderate democrats have not supported (or defended) all the courses of action of the president unlike the far left contingent here and elsewhere. You fucks getso hung up on words here. Ok, instead of everyone but the far left, call it many other than the far left. Shit for sakes here. You actually think I meant every single man, woman or child not in the far left? I'm not about to proofread every damn post I make here to make sure it is 100% accurate in all respects. The gist of my post was true. You want to nipick and be a cunt, so be it.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

By the way, instead of all you libtards deflecting (good job by the way thus far), still waiting on anyone to give a good reason why Obama DESERVES the NPP.

Hell, I have to give TiC props. He's the LAST one I'd expect to come in and say "No he didn't deserve it and here's some who probably should have." Rack Terry.

The rest of you can get fucked.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Oh. You were talking about the white males on this board. I thought the Pres' approval was still above 50% and didn't understand if you thought 50% of the country was far left.
why is my neighborhood on fire
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

So you have no answer for the question and still want to deflect. Got it.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Bizzarofelice wrote:Oh. You were talking about the white males on this board.
By the way, white males are about the most discriminated group in the workforce. I'm in the process of hiring someone and was told that I need to give a few Indians consideration for this IT job. I won't fucking hire one because we've hired 12 in the last 7 years. All 12 got 2-3 years experiece and jetted off to new jobs. We spent 10s of thousands in training for those dotheads. Not again. I will talk to a couple, pretend I can understand them on the phone, thank them for their time and tell them to go eat a curry dinner.

I'm hiring a white male. I already know that. Why? Because two of the three strong candidates are white males. Third is a white woman, but she's 52 years old and I'm not putting 25k into training on an old woman. She would probably be the most productive in the first 2 years, but she won't be here long term. So I'm going with the young white male who will no doubt be with the company long term.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Bizzarofelice wrote: I thought the Pres' approval was still above 50%
And falling. Should be interesting in 13 months.
Martyred wrote:...Luksusowa.

Polish Vodka????? What the hell is wrong with you fucking Canadians?

ImageImage