people of walmart

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: people of walmart

Post by Van »

Mgo, I don't know the specific layout of your town, but I'd just about guarantee that they didn't slap the Walmart in the nicest area of town; not unless there's no real difference between the various parts of town.

I know you know Chicago. There are no Walmarts on The Miracle Mile. There sure are though, out in the 'burbs.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

War Wagon wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Wags -- I don't participate in the death pool either, but that has nothing to do with the point.
Noted.

I wouldn't have known, since I've never even clicked on one of them to see which pathetic losers are participating.
<-----Never participated in or even clicked on one either. (And yes, on my screen that arrow is pointing towards my nic and avatar. Where my avatar disappeared to, however, I haven't a clue.)

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

S_M, seriously, this is what we're dealing with here. We've got a clown here who is attempting to compare West Des Moines, Iowa with truly wealthy, high-end, Walmart-free locales.
No I'm not, not in any way shape or form.

I simply said that there are plenty of Wal-Mart's located in very nice areas across the country.

You just can't read. Which isn't much of a surprise.

I did not compare West Des Moines to anywhere. Where I live is very nice and I would not choose to live anywhere else. You can't have as nice of an area with as low of a crime rate and I absolutely love that. Homes are pretty fucking expensive around here too. I get beatiful trees, nightlife, very nice homes, good schools, and a safe community. Can't beat that.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Tom In VA wrote:Why are you having an issue with the target of my mockery though ?
I'd have to believe you were mocking me in order to take issue with it. Sorry, but the extent you went through to persuade me that you were really "laughing your ass off" suggests to me you weren't laughing even one iota.

This thread is vintage T1B, btw. Good stuff.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I know you know Chicago. There are no Walmarts on The Miracle Mile. There sure are though, out in the 'burbs.
Of course there's no Wal-mart's downtown dickweed. There isn't in any town. Why the fuck would you put a god damn Wal-Mart in a downtown? There's no stores of the kind there. They aren't located in downtown area's because they are bad location's. Otherwise they WOULD put them there.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

By the way, there are plenty of Wal-Mart's up in the wealthy north burbs of Chicago. Where? I can't remember, but I've been to a couple up there before.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Beverly Hills doesn't have a Walmart. Cerritos does.

San Francisco doesn't have a Walmart. Selma does.

Iowa doesn't offer such differentiation.
You're fucking dumb, m2 errrrrr Van

I'll let you Google "Jordan Creek West Des Moines, IA". That's the area I live in.
:lol:
S_M, seriously, this is what we're dealing with here. We've got a clown here who is attempting to compare West Des Moines, Iowa with truly wealthy, high-end, Walmart-free locales.
No I'm not, not in any way shape or form.
:lol: :lol:
I simply said that there are plenty of Wal-Mart's located in very nice areas across the country.
Beverly Hills doesn't have a Walmart. Cerritos does.

San Francisco doesn't have a Walmart. Selma does.

Iowa doesn't offer such differentiation
You just can't read. Which isn't much of a surprise.

I did not compare West Des Moines to anywhere.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Jesus Christ Van, that response was simply about your comment about IOWA and not the other places.

I apologize for misreading what you wrote. I took it like you were slamming Iowa, and not for something Wal-Mart related. Now as I read it back, I get what you are saying. My bad.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

TheJON wrote:

Link ?

Do you even know what a really nice place is ???
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

.m2 wrote:
TheJON wrote:

Link ?

Somewhere you'll never live????
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

<--------Loves Iowa.

<--------Hates Walmart.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Van wrote:<--------Loves Iowa.

<--------Hates Walmart.
I actually HATE Wal-Mart. In fact, I'm actually annoyed having to defend them. It's pissing me off. I do, occasionally, shop there. Maybe 3 times a year. I TRY to avoid the place at all costs but sometimes it's late at night and I need something that I can't get anywhere else because of the time of day or I'm with someone else that just has to go to Wal-Mart and so maybe I'll pick something up while I'm with them.

I do buy my contacts from Wal-Mart though. Why? Because they're 1/3 the cost of Pearle or any other eye center here in town. Why pay $100 for a box of contacts when I can get them for $30 at Wal-Mart? But other than the above reasons, you will never find me shopping at Wal-Mart. Why? Because I hate David Glass and I don't respect how they treat their employees. Read too many cases of them dicking their employees over and treating them like shit. That's not a type of business I respect so I only give them my business when necessary.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

.m2 wrote: Do you even know what a really nice place is ???
Probably not any home in close proximity to Kauffman stadium, where you bragged that you owned a home.

Seriously, you have to be the most full of shit motherfucker to have ever had the priveledge of logging onto T1B.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:Why are you having an issue with the target of my mockery though ?
I'd have to believe you were mocking me in order to take issue with it. Sorry, but the extent you went through to persuade me that you were really "laughing your ass off" suggests to me you weren't laughing even one iota.

This thread is vintage T1B, btw. Good stuff.
Of course, it wouldn't be fun if I posted "tongue firmly planted up someone's ass" response as opposed to a "tongue in cheek, go against the grain a bit and see where it leads" action, right ?

And you're right, I wasn't laughing my ass off, I was chuckling a bit though - and enjoying taking a contrarian point of view.

No, not out of moral superiority, I fall well short of that. Way short.

I just think it's pretty funny to imagine someone rolling through Wal-Mart for the sole purpose of taking snapshots of unsuspecting people and posting them on a website - with a registered domain - for people who appear to enjoy taking a few minutes and saying .... "Bwahahahahaha look at those people, glad I'm not like them".

And sure, we all do it to some extent. I used to eat my brocolli because Gramma always said I should be grateful I wasn't starving like some of the other kids in the world. So in that respect, I am grateful I'm not like certain people.

Especially like people who would roll through Wal-Mart for the sole purpose of taking snapshots of unsuspecting people and posting them on a website - with a registered domain - for people who appear to enjoy taking a few minutes and saying .... "Bwahahahahaha look at those people, glad I'm not like them".

I'm also grateful I'm in relative good shape and not as bad off as those folks pictured.

And please, laugh at my douchery, it's absolutely OK man. Afterall, it's all about the laughter isn't it ?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Van wrote:Mgo, I don't know the specific layout of your town but I'd just about guarantee that they didn't slap the Walmart in the nicest area of town; not unless there's no real difference between the various parts of town.
Well, yeah, EVERY part of this town is the nicest part of town, though you've allowed yourself enough caveats to be technically correct on this matter. But, that's what you do. :mrgreen: I'll tell you though that this particular Walmart actually does buck the stereotypes. If you want trump your assumptions over my first-hand experiences, fine, but that only makes you look foolish.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

War Wagon wrote:
.m2 wrote: Do you even know what a really nice place is ???
Probably not any home in close proximity to Kauffman stadium, where you bragged that you owned a home.

Seriously, you have to be the most full of shit motherfucker to have ever had the priveledge of logging onto T1B.
I'm still pissed that bitch never posted photos of his awesome home near The K. There really are some pretty sweet cribs over there!! :D I'm guessing something in the trailer park just past the Denny's/Drury Inn.

Come on m2, let's see some photos!
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

TheJON wrote:
.m2 wrote:
TheJON wrote:

Link ?

Somewhere you'll never live????

Ummm.... we actually work out west...

Northern California...

Just north of my shop in Novato... a picture I took around 8 am in the morning just off the bay.

Fog rolling in...

We call this "breakfast" out west....
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

m2, you don't live there, just stop it man. You got outed that time you tried claiming you lived there and you didn't realize the link to Google Images was showing in your post. Just quit it.

You live in the slums of Northern California. Quit trying to fool any of us.

War Wagon and I also caught you in a lie when you claimed to have a sweet crib near The K. Problem is you failed to do research on the area surrounding Kauffman Stadium as there are only shit homes/trailers anywhere's near the stadium.

Just quit it man. You're a low-life loser with nothing going for you. You don't live in a nice area. You live NEAR a nice area.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Tom In VA wrote: I just think it's pretty funny to imagine someone rolling through Wal-Mart for the sole purpose of taking snapshots of unsuspecting people and posting them on a website - with a registered domain - for people who appear to enjoy taking a few minutes and saying .... "Bwahahahahaha look at those people, glad I'm not like them".
and then a paragraph later, for point of emphasis...
Especially like people who would roll through Wal-Mart for the sole purpose of taking snapshots of unsuspecting people and posting them on a website - with a registered domain - for people who appear to enjoy taking a few minutes and saying .... "Bwahahahahaha look at those people, glad I'm not like them".
Awesome. Nice work, HBJ/Tom.

Bottom line is that people will flock to a Walmart because they can save money on basic necessities and get everything they need. Doesn't matter if you're rich or poor, fat or skinny, beautiful or ugly.

It does matter if you're blockheadedly stupid and willing to pay much more than what you have to pay to get the same product out of some sense of moral superiorority.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

TheJON wrote:m2, you don't live there, just stop it man. You got outed that time you tried claiming you lived there and you didn't realize the link to Google Images was showing in your post. Just quit it.

You live in the slums of Northern California. Quit trying to fool any of us.

War Wagon and I also caught you in a lie when you claimed to have a sweet crib near The K. Problem is you failed to do research on the area surrounding Kauffman Stadium as there are only shit homes/trailers anywhere's near the stadium.

Just quit it man. You're a low-life loser with nothing going for you. You don't live in a nice area. You live NEAR a nice area.

You couldn't afford a walk in my neighborhood... just east of the stadium...

Sit down... boy.

the truth
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

~click~

Mgo, your next assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to take your badass little camera to your 'posh locale' Walmart. Once you are in place you will be expected to snap off a series of candid, clandestine pics of your subjects: the local denizens in full plumage, all of whom could doubtless bump both the USC Song Girls and the Cirque Du Soleil high flying, gay acrobats from their 'body beautiful' roster spots. Along the way, feel free to include pics of them sitting around debating the merits of Dostoyevsky and Sartre, in between sips of their McDonald's mocha frappaccinos.

Failing that, go ahead and take funny pics of fat lardasses, then add your usual witty comments for the purposes of a kickass PET.

This tape will not self-destruct in five seconds. It's the same color as maple syrup, however, so try to keep it and your fingers away from the gaping maws of your unsuspecting pictorial subjects.

~click~
Last edited by Van on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

R-Jack wrote:Newest Wal-Mart built around these parts is in Hilltop Mall in Richmond.

'sayin.
Richmond
Egg-zactly.

.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

R-Jack wrote:Newest Wal-Mart built around these parts is in Hilltop Mall in Richmond.

'sayin.
I'm actually enjoying the "chilly" evening here in the bay area tonight ... after yesterday's inferno...

I've got a call to the east coast that needs to be made at 5:45 am west coast tomorrow.

I think I'll make another drink...
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Sit down... boy.

Let's see here, East of the stadium...........

You've got the shit homes within walking distance of the stadium. Not 1 decent home. Probably cheap as fuck to live there.

Then you've got the shit homes near the Wal-Mart either 1 or 2 exits east of the stadium on 1-70.

Then there's Noland Road and that area is not terrible but nothing fance either. Pretty cheap there.

Then it's Independence and if you think you've got a nice place in Independence you're fucking dumb.

You said "just" east of the stadium, and there isn't 1 single fucking decent house within a few miles East of the stadium. Not one.

Nice try, dolt, but you swung and missed again at your efforts to make us think you're cool. FAIL!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote: Egg-zactly.
So?

Actually, don't bother.

Walmarts are too good for dumbass Calis and I'd prefer they didn't expand there. It's more fun watching you wallow in ignorance and debt.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

War Wagon wrote:
Van wrote: Egg-zactly.
So?

Actually, don't bother.

Walmarts are too good for dumbass Calis and I'd prefer they didn't expand there. It's more fun watching you wallow in ignorance and debt.
Dumbass, Richmand is in Cali, as are all the cities I've named in this thread.

Thick, you are.

.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

TheJON wrote:

Sit down... boy.

Let's see here, East of the stadium...........

You've got the shit homes within walking distance of the stadium. Not 1 decent home. Probably cheap as fuck to live there.

Then you've got the shit homes near the Wal-Mart either 1 or 2 exits east of the stadium on 1-70.

Then there's Noland Road and that area is not terrible but nothing fance either. Pretty cheap there.

Then it's Independence and if you think you've got a nice place in Independence you're fucking dumb.

You said "just" east of the stadium, and there isn't 1 single fucking decent house within a few miles East of the stadium. Not one.

Nice try, dolt, but you swung and missed again at your efforts to make us think you're cool. FAIL!

Pssst... you're a retard... though this has been self evident to all of us for quite some time.

You couldn't even think of walking down my street without ending up in JAIL... after getting out of your tractor....

You live in Iowa for a reason....
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

TheJON wrote: Then there's Noland Road and that area is not terrible but nothing fance either. Pretty cheap there.

Noland road is Independence, and there are plenty of nice homes in Independence.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Thanks for proving my point, m2. You got no response. I outted you and your only comeback is "Iowa" smack. You're too easy. Next time you lie to us about where you live, dipshit, do some fucking research.

So twice I've caught you in a lie.

"I have a nice place just east of Kauffman Stadium" - BUSTED! There are NO nice places just east of The K

and a few weeks back when your dumbass left the link to Google Images on one of "your" Northern California photos.......BUSTED!

Dude, you live in the slums. Just admit it. Doesn't make you a bad person. Quit trying to be cool and tough on a message board. We know your kind. Stop trying to be cool, start trying to better yourself. I think that's some good advice for you. Do that, and you'll make it less easy for me to fucking own your bitch ass.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote: Dumbass, Richmand is in Cali, as are all the cities I've named in this thread.

Thick, you are.
No way, ya' think?

Perhaps I should've wrote Walmart shouldn't expand any further into Cali, so a certain dumbfuck could keep up.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

WW, perhaps you should just tap out, since you're completely out of your depth.

Hey, look! It's Jimmy Johnson!

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Noland road is Independence, and there are plenty of nice homes in Independence.
I know Noland is IndepMO. But where are there ANY nice homes "just east" of The K?? Have I just not seen them?? Maybe there are some in Indep. but they've gotta be further East of The K than Noland Road. Not that Noland is a bad area. I eat lunch before games over there almost every day game I go to, but there's nothing special about the area.

I will admit I lived in Olathe, so I did not venture to the MO side much except for games or bar hopping. And when I go down there now for games, I usually don't venture too far from the stadium. But I can't think of anywhere that would have nice homes within a few miles east of The K. If I've missed them, I apologize.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:WW, perhaps you should just tap out, since you're completely out of your depth.

Hey, look! It's Jimmy Johnson!
You mean like you did?

I detest JJ, btw.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

TheJON wrote:

I will admit I lived in Olathe, so I did not venture to the MO side much except for games or bar hopping.

White trash.... says what ?

Why don't you say you lived in Bonner Springs or any other shithole off of highway 7 ???

Fuckin' necks...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

War Wagon wrote:I detest JJ, btw.
That's all you needed to say, that you 'detest' a NASCAR driver.

I love how you just don't get it; proudly, and obstinately.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

TheJON wrote:
I know Noland is IndepMO. But where are there ANY nice homes "just east" of The K?? Have I just not seen them?? Maybe there are some in Indep. but they've gotta be further East of The K than Noland Road. Not that Noland is a bad area. I eat lunch before games over there almost every day game I go to, but there's nothing special about the area.

I will admit I lived in Olathe, so I did not venture to the MO side much except for games or bar hopping. And when I go down there now for games, I usually don't venture too far from the stadium. But I can't think of anywhere that would have nice homes within a few miles east of The K. If I've missed them, I apologize.
No problem, Jon.

m2 is full of shit, no need to expound on that point. We all know that. It goes without saying.

But though I like to make fun of "methdepedence", it's a sister city with over 100,000 residents. Just like any city, there are good and bad areas. Doubtful that m2 owns any property there.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:

STFU, fool.

I detest anybody that's not an RCR driver.

It's called being a fan, something you obviously have no clue about.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

.m2 wrote:
TheJON wrote:

I will admit I lived in Olathe, so I did not venture to the MO side much except for games or bar hopping.

Why don't you say you lived in Bonner Springs or any other shithole off of highway 7 ???

Fuckin' necks...
I know nothing about Bonner Springs, so I'm not sure if this is an insult or not. I believe it's south of KC, though I don't really care.

What do you have against Olathe?? Got news for you dude, it's pretty fucking nice down there. The greatest pitcher in baseball eats at the Chipotle down there, and many of the Royals/Chiefs current and former players live there.

When all you got is "neck" and "hick" smack, you know you're a pathetic loser.

COME. UP. WITH. SOMETHING. NEW.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

War Wagon wrote:
Van wrote:

STFU, fool.

I detest anybody that's not an RCR driver.

It's called being a fan, something you obviously have no clue about.

You're a drunk piece of shit... which means you live on the Missery side of Kansas City.

It's not called the Missery City Chiefs.... for a reason.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

.m2 wrote:
TheJON wrote:

Probably because Jon's not a fucking liar, like you.

Olathe is the fastest growing suburb in the area and one of the pricier addresses, despite being in Kansas whom I also despise