I'm cutting expenses

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: I'm cutting expenses

Post by smackaholic »

Haven't really cut back officially, but, then again I don't really follow any particular budget. Our spending does seem to fluctuate according to the checking account balance that week. House wise we're good. Owe less than 60K on it.

What could I cut if I had to? Could prolly loose the new last august car and it's 400 bones a month payment, but, I don't think that will happen. We too did the dish/ATT bundle. It started under 100 bucks, but with the honeymoon over, it is, uhhh, haven't a clue, actually, and finding out would prolly piss me off, so I won't bother.

We have a 3 cell family plan that runs somewhere around 70 bucks a month, I think. I could loose that and go back to a trac phone in a heartbeat, but, it wouldn't please her royal highness, lil miss smack. :meds:

Other things? Ride the bike more and buy less gas. Hopefully will do that anyhoo. Not buy another tub of vaseline when the current one runs out and just spit on it, I 'spose.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Trampis wrote:Im not cutting costs, I'm already a penny pincher by nature. In fact I hope to buy a nice cheap brand new GM pickup at the end of the year.
Same here - grew up dirt poor and never forgot the lessons that taught.

That said, I'm in Vail tonight - we brought the kids up Monday for Spring break.
Booked this back in Sept - Marriott points for the hotel and rental car, and SWA points for 2 of the 4 plane tickets.
I bought the 2/3 day lift tickets, and the kids snowboard school and eqt. rentals in advance at Sitzmark.
But it's still as expensive as fuck here - on the plus side it started snowing Monday night and we had 8" of powder Tues Morning.

I'm feeling pretty old though, my legs were so trashed we went Snowmobiling today - and that was actually a lot cheaper than the skiing.
Kids got to put around on some little 50 cc models around a track and then we packed them behind us and went for an hour ride where I managed to almost drive off a cliff on top of Machine gun ridge. - :doh:

Tomorrow is last day of skiing - then back home friday.
I swear Colorado is my favorite place on earth - we hadn't been here in a couple years and everytime I make it back I remember how much i love this place - in limited doses that is.
GOSD

Post by GOSD »

War Wagon wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:We blew any and all savings, including 401K money to buy a home in 2005.
Even with home values down right now, using your 401k to help purchase a home is not blowing it, especially if that was the difference between getting in the door, or not. Money well spent that you should never regret.

On the lunch menu, I may eat out once a week. Usually a Wendy's
double cheeseburger and fries. Other than that, we take leftovers most days. Wifey cooks up a shitload of food that we pack up and take to work. Microwaves rule.
Just cut out the middle man that is Wendy's and put the gun to your head now. You fat fucks on this board astound me.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

GotOneSmallDick wrote:Just cut out the middle man that is Wendy's and put the gun to your head now. You fat fucks on this board astound me.
Aww look Wags, you got an ankle biter nippin' at ya.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Atomic Punk wrote:
GotOneSmallDick wrote:Just cut out the middle man that is Wendy's and put the gun to your head now. You fat fucks on this board astound me.
I was lookin' at fubu's latest shit troll name trying to figure out what GOSD meant.

Looks like you nailed it, AP. Rack you.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
GOSD

Post by GOSD »

smackaholic wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:
I was lookin' at fubu's latest shit troll name trying to figure out what GOSD meant.

Looks like you nailed it, AP. Rack you.
Actually the name is quite fucking brilliant.