Give me a good chicken breast recipe

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

Shawn Marion
Elwood

Post by Shawn Marion »

So I'm sitting at home yesterday trying to decide what to cook and yet too lazy to go to the store when I remember this recipe:
Mikey wrote:Recipe #2.

You can use this with any or all chicken pieces. Place chicken pieces with skin side up in glass baking dish. Season, in this order, with your favorite seasoned salt product, dried minced garlic, Kraft grated parmesan cheese.

Bake in 400 degree oven for 60 minutes. The aroma will drive you crazy before it's halfway done.
Since I only had boneless, skinless I had to adapt it to this:
trev wrote:I use the boneless, skinless breasts (or breast tenders) for Mikey's parmesan chicken. I don't use salt, or season salt. I dip the breasts in melted butter, then coat with garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Bake.

375 degrees, 20 minutes for tenders, 30 for breasts. Shallow cookie sheet type pan. Uncovered. Suggestion: Reynolds non stick aluminum foil lined.
Let me just say rack the hell out of that shit. I noted it last year, but I can't believe I waited so long to try it. It will be in my weekly stable of recipes for sure.
8-1 feels so much better than 2-10-1
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

My girlfriend makes this chicken dish she calls "Chicken Picada" misspelled I'm sure. But, it is by far the best chicken I have ever eaten.

I don't know for sure how she makes it (I'll ask her) but it includes boneless, skinless chicken breasts, white wine, and capers. And onion and garlic, too.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Headhunter wrote:OK, one more.

Chicken Parmessan.

This is real easy and better than restaraunt quality.

pound chicken breast flat. Roll in flour, dip in egg wash, and roll in a bread crumbs. Progresso's Garlic herb bread crumbs add a depth to the flavor.

Lighty fry until a very light golden color. (maybe 1-2 minutes a side).

Remove, place on paper towel for a few ninutes to absord excess grease, and place in a baking dish. cover with Fresh parm and bake at 35 for 20 minutes.

Top with a good red or meat sauce.

Serve with Pasta.
Coincidentally, I am making Chicken Parm tonight. I fix my own Italian bread crumbs (I don’t actually measure anything, so I’m guessing):

1 cup bread crumbs
2 tsp basil
2 tsp oregano
1-2 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup grated parmesan

I pound those chicken breasts to within a quarter inch or so of their life, so by the time they’re browned, the chicken is cooked (using the same flour-egg milk wash-bread crumb process described above). By pounding them fairly thin, I can only fit one in the skillet at a time.

I put them in the warming drawer till they’re all cooked. Then I put sliced mozzarella on top of each, along with some freshly grated parmesan. Under the broiler till the cheese is browned and bubbling. I serve them next to a pile of fettuccine topped with marinara sauce. I don’t pour the sauce on the chicken, so the breading stays nice and crispy. Serve with my almost famous garlic bread.

Those bread crumbs are also dynamite on thinly cut/vigorously pounded boneless center cut pork chops.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim