Have we hit bottom yet?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

KC Scott

Re: Have we hit bottom yet?

Post by KC Scott »

Rumps doesn't understand what he's saying either - I really think he does work in some kind of office, but he's trying to parrot something with no real clue as to the meaning.

As for the market - we're in unchartered waters here people - not since the dotcom burst have we had something this ugly - Part of the problem is they stopped the short selling of over 1,000 different stocks, so that was money just sitting on the sidelines as this dropped.
What they miss about this is there is no mad covering (buying) of the shorts when we do get a catalyst to buy.

I'm down about 17K in 8 days on paper, but I'm not sweating it.
This goes back to the asset allocation and rule of 100 I mentioned on another thread.

As for the market rebounding - it took 6 years for the market to reach the top it had hit in 2001
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

KC Scott wrote:Rumps doesn't understand what he's saying either - I really think he does work in some kind of office, but he's trying to parrot something with no real clue as to the meaning.
You betcha!

sin

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

KC Scott wrote:
As for the market - we're in unchartered waters here people - not since the dotcom burst have we had something this ugly - Part of the problem is they stopped the short selling of over 1,000 different stocks, so that was money just sitting on the sidelines as this dropped.
What they miss about this is there is no mad covering (buying) of the shorts when we do get a catalyst to buy.
Uncharted because all the major computer models and back testing can not handle the market right now, so it goes back to peopels brains and paper to make decisions.

I believe the shorts can come back in today?
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Derron wrote:
I believe the shorts can come back in today?
That is correct

We'll see how that plays out - We are so oversold at this moment, they'd be crazy to short right here