olympic medal tracker

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

KC Scott

Re: olympic medal tracker

Post by KC Scott »

Some funny takes on the Chinese Gymnsatic Team:

Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel: “The International Olympic Committee says there is still no proof that some members of China’s gold medal women’s gymnastics team were too young to compete in the Games. Too young? These girls were so young, they danced their floor routine to ‘Itsy Bitsy Spider.’ They were so young, they played ‘patty-cake, patty-cake’ between events. They were SO-O-O-O young, they used their gold medals for teething rings.”

Greg Cote, Miami Herald: “In China, 4-9, 73-pound female gymnast He Kexin is so popular with fans they have come out with her likeness in a Bobblehead doll. Wait. Sorry. That actually is her.”

Scott Ostler, San Francisco Chronicle: “I won’t say the Chinese gymnasts were young, but after each routine, their coach wasn’t hugging them, he was burping them.”

Bill Plaschke, Los Angeles Times: “I applaud the Chinese’s effort and ingenuity. I admire their devotion and strength. I am in awe of their gentleness and politeness. To show my appreciation, I hereby offer to take their gold-medal-winning gymnasts to a victory party at Chuck E. Cheese
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

KC Scott wrote:Have you ever seen team handball?
Enough to deduce I had no interest in continuing to watch. Actually looks somewhat fun to play, but watching...eh, not so much.
I was always surprised that sport went nowhere.
What did you expect -- a professional circuit? It's an Olympic sport, so I'd say it went somewhere.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

by nowhere I meant nowehere in the US - in HS or College level.

At my college they had rugby as a club sport, lacrosse is big in the east, even field hockey is available

Team Handball is catching throwing and body checking - fun shit without the need for much more equipment.

Hell, even dodgeball has a better publicist