Has there been a thread about Planet Earth yet?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Invictus
H.N.I.C.

Post by Invictus »

War Wagon wrote:
Invictus wrote:Prince has more talent in his pinky than Ozzy's drug addled, plastic surgery body EVER had.
Say what?!?

That prancing fairy can't hold a candle to Ozzy's body of work.

Vic, don't ever compare Prince to Ozzy again.
I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt and try not to believe that you aren't as stupid and clueless as everyone on here says you are but the above might have pushed me over the edge. Please stick to forklifts and the best place to find coveralls in KC. You obviously know very little about music...and from your previous posts women, sports and just life in general.

I think about all of the artists who have covered Prince's songs and made them hits, the countless hits he himself has had in a career that has spanned three decades (when is the last time Ozzy put anything out new that anyone bought or was a critical or commercial success? How many instruments does Ozzy play? Is it more than 17? Can he even play an instrument?)

Shoot, if you just take the body of work that Prince has done FOR OTHER ARTISTS ALONE he blows Ozzy with Sabbath and without Sabbath away. I like Ironman and Bark at the Moon but you have to be kidding yourself if you these two are even in the same stratosphere.

Ozzy can barely string together a coherent sentence or two and has been reduced to a reality show star while Prince is almost 50, putting out new material and has enough of his mind left (ants, coke, pills, and liquor have done a number on Ozzy AND his kids) where he can tour and perform on national television. Sure his attire might be a bit curious but that doesn't make him any less a musical genius, Pugsley.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:Which, of course, has nothing to do with him being rich and famous.
Don't forget being a prolific songwriter and one of the most talented humans ever to play a guitar.
Doesn’t change the fact that he’d be a lock for the part of Tinkerbell if they redo Peter Pan.
Only if the part of Peter Pan is being played by Appolonia.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
SaladTosser
Violet the Organ Grinder

Post by SaladTosser »

RACK vic, per usualm.
Bizzarofelice wrote:I drank as much orange soda as an inner city block party.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Invictus wrote:
War Wagon wrote:
Invictus wrote:Prince has more talent in his pinky than Ozzy's drug addled, plastic surgery body EVER had.
Say what?!?

That prancing fairy can't hold a candle to Ozzy's body of work.

Vic, don't ever compare Prince to Ozzy again.
I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt and try not to believe that you aren't as stupid and clueless as everyone on here says you are but the above might have pushed me over the edge. Please stick to forklifts and the best place to find coveralls in KC. You obviously know very little about music...and from your previous posts women, sports and just life in general.

I think about all of the artists who have covered Prince's songs and made them hits, the countless hits he himself has had in a career that has spanned three decades (when is the last time Ozzy put anything out new that anyone bought or was a critical or commercial success? How many instruments does Ozzy play? Is it more than 17? Can he even play an instrument?)
The last Ozzy album that he put out that was critically acclaimed and went multi-platinum was 1991's No More Tears, which was also his only album with Zakk Wylde. He released "Live and Loud" a few years later, and that went platinum several times over, though admittedly didn't contain any new music.

Most people would consider No More Tears and Tribute to be his two best albums, and they were his two best sellers.
Shoot, if you just take the body of work that Prince has done FOR OTHER ARTISTS ALONE he blows Ozzy with Sabbath and without Sabbath away. I like Ironman and Bark at the Moon but you have to be kidding yourself if you these two are even in the same stratosphere.
Couldn't agree with you more, when referring to Prince's songwriting ability, as Ozzy doesn't even write all of his own stuff, let alone write for others.

"Ironman" is an old Black Sabbath tune and "Bark at the moon", while an okay song, isn't even in Ozzy's top ten. Check out the two albums I mentioned above if you want to hear some of his best stuff.
Ozzy can barely string together a coherent sentence or two and has been reduced to a reality show star while Prince is almost 50, putting out new material and has enough of his mind left (ants, coke, pills, and liquor have done a number on Ozzy AND his kids) where he can tour and perform on national television.
Ozzy has struggled through various parts of his life with severe bouts of depression following the deaths of some people close to him. To help treat this, as well as the continuous self-inflicted damage to his brain, his doctor put him on what turned out under further review to be ridiculous levels of several medications. Now that the family got a second opinion and his dosages were lowered, he's just as coherent as Keith Richards. Okay, maybe that's not the best example to use... :lol:
Sure his attire might be a bit curious but that doesn't make him any less a musical genius, Pugsley.
His attire is similar to that of Jacko. I'll let you finish that thought for me. :lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I caught that show for the first time last night (9PM EST). I felt a little cheated as the featured topic was...grass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Which, of course, has nothing to do with him being rich and famous.
Don't forget being a prolific songwriter and one of the most talented humans ever to play a guitar.
Doesn’t change the fact that he’d be a lock for the part of Tinkerbell if they redo Peter Pan.
Only if the part of Peter Pan is being played by Appolonia.

I have absolutely no problem with Appolonia playing Peter Pan. Visually, it’s a huge step up from Mary Martin.

And prolific doesn’t necessarily equal good, but good is a matter of taste. Never particularly enjoyed Prince’s music.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Invictus wrote: I think about all of the artists who have covered Prince's songs and made them hits, the countless hits he himself has had in a career that has spanned three decades...

And you probably also think Jacko is/was a great musician, simply because he's had a lot of "hits". Sorry, but just because an artist is popular, doesn't make them a great artist in my book. Sure, it's all a matter of personal opinion and taste, and in my opinion Prince's music sucks whilst a lot of Ozzy's kicks ass.

We can agree to disagree if you like, but there's no fucking way I'd ever pay one red cent for a Prince CD, whilst I have forked over cash for Black Sabbath and solo Ozzy.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

OCmike wrote: Most people would consider No More Tears and Tribute to be his two best albums, and they were his two best sellers.

Check out the two albums I mentioned above if you want to hear some of his best stuff.
OK, you had me.

Now, I KNOW you're trolling.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:We can agree to disagree if you like, but there's no fucking way I'd ever pay one red cent for a Prince CD, whilst I have forked over cash for Black Sabbath and solo Ozzy.
Same here. But that doesn't mean I can't recognize better talent when I see it. Prince is infinitely more talented than Ozzy ever was. Ozzy's claim to fame is he had a unique voice that's difficult to pattern. Whoopty doo. Same thing with Geddy Lee. He also happened to sing alongside a kickass band that could belt out kickass licks, so he had that going for him. But that doesn't necessarily mean he was "talented," in the truest sense of the word, or that he was technically gifted in the art of singing. Belting a bunch of incoherent babble at the top of your lungs into a microphone may sound cool, but it isn't more "talented" than what Prince can do on a guitar, you know, an actual musical instrument, often while singing and dancing at the same time. It's not even close, really.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

The way Prince is being talked about in this thread, you'd think that ruffle rocking midget of a bung tonguer was the second coming of Hendrix.

As a guitar player, Princess wouldnt crack anybody's top fucking 50. Maybe even top 100.

In the battle of the Guitar Bitches, i'd give the nod to Joan Jett over him every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Raydah James wrote:As a guitar player, Princess wouldnt crack anybody's top fucking 50.
Agreed. The point being it certainly doesn't take much to make Ozzy look fairly inept in comparison as a "musician."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The point being it certainly doesn't take much to make Ozzy look fairly inept in comparison as a "musician."
So? Cellists are musicians also. How often have you been to see and listen to a philharmonic orchestra?

Ozzy may suck as a musician, but as an entertainer, he rocks.

Vic mentioned that he liked Ironman? Ok, but the best (again, my opinion... that's what we do here) song off that album set by far was War Pigs.

Shit, I can't believe I'm in here arguing with somebody about Prince vs. Ozzy. Might as well discuss the merits of Greg Louganis vs. Hulk Hogan.

:eject:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:Ozzy may suck as a musician
Just as long as we're clear on that. I wasn't debating any other point - just responding to the ozzy vs prince take in terms of "who's more talented."

I'm a (much) bigger fan of Ozzy's work, but that doesn't mean I can't argue a rational point.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: I'm a (much) bigger fan of Ozzy's work..
Great. You get to keep your man card.
..but that doesn't mean I can't argue a rational point.
Wanna' rationally argue next about broccoli vs. corn? Broccoli tastes like shit, but it's more nutritious than corn AND has more fiber. Ergo, I bet Prince fans like broccoli. EVERYONE should eat more broccoli

Don't even get me started on cauliflower...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:Great. You get to keep your man card.
What a fucking tool. Go ahead and slap a pic of Burt Reynolds holding a Miller Light in your av, Mr Super Cool Macho Guy you.
Wanna' rationally argue next about broccoli vs. corn? Broccoli tastes like shit, but it's more nutritious than corn AND has more fiber. Ergo, I bet Prince fans like broccoli. EVERYONE should eat more broccoli

Don't even get me started on cauliflower...
What the fuck is this shit? You're better off trying to play internet and real life tough guy, Whitey.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

That's me clowning you for being a wishy washy wimp. You say that you like Ozzy better, but the PC safe thing to do in this thread is profess admiration for Prince for his musicianship, so that's what you do.

Puss.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:That's me clowning you for being a wishy washy wimp. You say that you like Ozzy better, but the PC safe thing to do in this thread is profess admiration for Prince for his musicianship, so that's what you do.

Puss.
Wishy washy?

A) I like Ozzy's music more than Prince's.
B) I can recognize Prince as the more talented musician.

What's so hard here for you to wrap your head around? I'm not straddling the fence. I'm making two different points on a single subject. It's this thing called debate. Some of us engage in it. I saw a point I thought was stupid, and I called you out on it. See how that works? I can't imagine you do, since you're coming at me with takes about broccoli and corn.

still laughing over that, btw...

Look, are you suggesting simply liking a band or artist means you have to think they're the most talented musicians alive?

Does not compute, dumbass.

What's actually sad, and downright pussified (and speaks volumes about your self of steam issues) is that you're so intent on playing Mr. Cool-Still-In-The-70s-Hardcore-Rocker-Dude, and impressing a bunch of equally dorky guys on an anonymous message board, that you can't fucking sit back and take a look at something objectively. No, you're desperately more interested in maintaining this...image of yours...than speaking honestly about a subject.

Fuck you, poser.

You're a liar as a human being.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Yikes Magoo. Go author a wiki article about it.

No more tears came out in 1991, btw.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Prince would do a much better job narrating "Planet Earth" than would Ozzy.

Prince: The beautiful Flowers
of the sunrise mind
Smile in the sunshine
As the warm breast
of the Empress penguin
Soothes the blue into Purple
Whooooo!

Ozzy: An here wa hav som fukin penguins. Wha? Look like thay mighta been havin' fuckin' kids o'somthin. christ, it looks fuckin cole thar. Wad ya do with me fukin cigarets, eh?

Oh, and RACK Vic and Mgo.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RadioFan wrote: Oh, and RACK Vic and Mgo.
For what?

You were doing just fine up until that point, 'didio. Sadly, you're just another one these message board cocksuckers who never fails to wet your finger before seeing which way the wind blows.

Pathetic.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Awwwwww. Look at that.

Another day, another thread wherein Whitey didn't get the wespect he thinks he deserves.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Save your respect for someone who might appreciate it, Magoo.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Pot to Kettle wrote:Pathetic.
Actually, dipshit, they're both spot on, in this thread.

Had they both been wrong, I would have chimed in with something else.

Have another Bud Light, before yet another Planet Earth thread turns into another pileon for your dumb ass.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
SaladTosser
Violet the Organ Grinder

Post by SaladTosser »

War Wagon wrote:And you probably also think Jacko is/was a great musician, simply because he's had a lot of "hits". Sorry, but just because an artist is popular, doesn't make them a great artist in my book.
Dude, by my own admission, I am not a music officianado. However, I do know enough about music to know and appreciate Prince's genius. When you listen to a track on one of his CDs, remember this; he wrote the song, arranged it, performed all the vocals, and played all the instruments. At the time the song was recorded, chances are that he was the ONLY person in the studio, from start to finish. Once again, I'm not "music guy," but name a list of other artists who roll like that.

Granted, his music is not for everyone. However, to not fully understand his talents, yet blast him as nothing more than a gay sissy, is completely missing the point.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bethoven was a genius. Mozart was a genius. Doesn't mean I'm going to buy their records and roll on down the road slapping my steering wheel over it.

Prince and Ozzy are not geniuses and neither am I (duh!), but I know what I like.

John Lennon was a genius. That's about as close as we're going to get to true musical genius these days, my salad tossing friend.
SaladTosser
Violet the Organ Grinder

Post by SaladTosser »

What makes John Lennon a genius, and Prince not? That is a serious question. Like I said, I am not a huge music guy, and I am not trolling. For the past 25 years, I have grown to appreciate Prince and his music. I read a lot of articles written about him because I find him interesting. In all seriousness, considering his song writing/instrument playing/recording/performing that I outlined earlier, what is it about John Lennon that makes him more adept at his art? Serious question.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

SaladTosser wrote:What makes John Lennon a genius, and Prince not? That is a serious question. Like I said, I am not a huge music guy, and I am not trolling. For the past 25 years, I have grown to appreciate Prince and his music. I read a lot of articles written about him because I find him interesting. In all seriousness, considering his song writing/instrument playing/recording/performing that I outlined earlier, what is it about John Lennon that makes him more adept at his art? Serious question.
Yikes! I hate serious questions, especially when I have to be at work 6.30 am sharp the next day to pilot forklifts and stuff.

I'll defer to Bushice for the time being, as that guy seems to know what he's talking about when it comes to musical literacy.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with this:

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go.

If you can come up with even ONE prince lyric that's memorable and quotable other than "Let's Get Crazy" let me know.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

SaladTosser wrote: Dude, by my own admission, I am not a music officianado. However, I do know enough about music to know and appreciate Prince's genius
Princess isnt a fucking genius. Period.

He's at best a middle of the pack player at every instrument he's picked up, and simply combined that with catchy pop songwriting that fat fucking piglet chicks and dumbfuck tards such as yourself enjoy immensely.

An example of somebody who is along the lines (Some may argue even even better-due to him playing his instruments of choice better-most notably, the drums) with more hits is Phil Collins.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

RACK Whitey. A pearl always starts as irritant
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
SaladTosser
Violet the Organ Grinder

Post by SaladTosser »

Raydah James wrote:
SaladTosser wrote: Dude, by my own admission, I am not a music officianado. However, I do know enough about music to know and appreciate Prince's genius
Princess isnt a fucking genius. Period.

He's at best a middle of the pack player at every instrument he's picked up, and simply combined that with catchy pop songwriting that fat fucking piglet chicks and dumbfuck tards such as yourself enjoy immensely.

An example of somebody who is along the lines (Some may argue even even better-due to him playing his instruments of choice better-most notably, the drums) with more hits is Phil Collins.
You completely contradicted yourself on two separate occasions in that post. Dude, I am not even here to like run smack on that metrosexual Johnny Cash pic of you or anything. I am here to talk music and Prince. Once again, I self-admittedly am not "music guy." However, I know enough to find your non-educated response, laughable. I think you are a pretty solid poster, but I think you have dug yourself a hole here from within you will never climb out. Sorry you had to find out this way, slick.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Raydah James wrote:He's at best a middle of the pack player at every instrument he's picked up,
Which makes him a complete genius compared to Osborne, musically. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I saw Blizzard of Oz in '83, a month before Randy Rhoads died. Ozzy, in addition to getting himself arrested for pissing on the Alamo, also had a bad case of laryngitis/jtr meets a woman syndrome. Peter on the Brady Bunch sounded nails compared to his "singing" that night -- an absolute joke. Rhoads had the crowd in absolute awe and saved Ozzy's ass from being booed off the stage in the HemisFair arena that night, and likely many other nights that tour, no doubt. I dig on a lot of Sabbath and much of Ozzy's old stuff, but as a musician -- a singer even -- dude can't hold a candle to even the average in rock.

I'm not a huge Prince fan, but 1999 and Purple Rain, arguably are as good musically as ANY two single Osborne albums, as a whole, from any era.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Raydah James wrote:The way Prince is being talked about in this thread, you'd think that ruffle rocking midget of a bung tonguer was the second coming of Hendrix.

As a guitar player, Princess wouldnt crack anybody's top fucking 50. Maybe even top 100.

In the battle of the Guitar Bitches, i'd give the nod to Joan Jett over him every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
punktard,

Jett was a commercial punk rock WHORE who player RHYTHM guitar.

She could no more play lead guitar than you could put together three sentences without an anal reference.

No big hit on her, though. She's been a solid USO player, but commercially she sucked more dick than Prince with less talent.

Dude you really need to expand your musical horizons a liittle beyond the "we are the has-been punk rock bands" genre.

I'm not a big prince fan but dude has serious musical skills and has fucked better woman than the ones who have rejected your gel coated ass.

Fucking A get a basic general music education down before you open your whale cunt lapping lips you idiot, or just wait for a Ramones thread to pop up. You'll be genius in that one.

JOAN JETT? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy christ jerk off to her pleather suit rock poster already and move on to Lita Ford. At least she banged Ozzy.
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

Dinsdale wrote:
OCmike wrote: Most people would consider No More Tears and Tribute to be his two best albums, and they were his two best sellers.

Check out the two albums I mentioned above if you want to hear some of his best stuff.
OK, you had me.

Now, I KNOW you're trolling.
Dins nails it. Maybe it's because I idolized Ozzy when I was 9, but I can't imagine anyone not recognizing the brilliance of his first two solo records. To me, No More Tears was nothing more than his Emotional Rescue. Tribute was decent for what it was, which is not a proper Ozzy album.

And I wouldn't call Prince a genius, but even I can mack to his better stuff, so I gotta respect that.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mister Bushice wrote:JOAN JETT

People often accuse you of being a humorless douche.

You do little to contradict that claim.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RadioFan wrote: I'm not a huge Prince fan, but 1999 and Purple Rain, arguably are as good musically as ANY two single Osborne albums, as a whole, from any era.

When the day comes that Prince utilizes one tenth of the musical theory that Randy Rhoads did, I'll buy the album.

I won't hold my breath. Asinine statement.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

The Rhoads studio stuff was watered down crap compared to seeing him live. About the closest you can get is a "King Biscuit Flower Hour" from late '82 or '83, of the BoOz. Used to have it on 8-track, taped off the radio on a RadioShack cheap home system, if you can believe that shit.

I believe ST has seen Prince live numerous times. I haven't.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Oh, and find me a muted vocal version of Ozzy's first two solo albums. Then you'd be spot on.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:JOAN JETT

People often accuse you of being a humorless douche.

You do little to contradict that claim.
What the fuck are you on about, Clavin?

You C & P those two words and call it a day?

Fuck, I at least expected an "I saw JJ in the U& L in 1981 and I told her 'I love rock and roll' and saw her eyes light up" reset, or some other nonsense from you.

You are slippin', dude.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:If you can come up with even ONE prince lyric that's memorable and quotable other than "Let's Get Crazy" let me know.
Prince got me laid a whole lot more often than John Lennon or Ozzy. Back in 1985, Purple Rain was money with the ladies.

For that matter, Alan Parsons' Greatest Hits and a bottle of red wine was the absolute best in that regard. 8)
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mister Bushice wrote:Fuck, I at least expected an "I saw JJ in the U& L in 1981 and I told her 'I love rock and roll' and saw her eyes light up" reset, or some other nonsense from you.
I saw Joan Jett get booed off the stage when she attempted to open for Deep Purple back in 87. She sucked.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown