Big 12 Championship - NU/OU Call it

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Chiming For Fags

Post by 420 »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Yeah, crazy that there'd be an OU circle jerk in the Big 12 Championship thread. You know, the Big 12 Championship that OU won outright.

Am I going to give Cal props for tying for a conference championship where the other team won the head to head? Sure. I might even do so in a thread about Cal.
Haven't seen a single OU fan in a PAC 10 thread... but you see PAC 10 fan's in your threads, and giving "congrats".

I guess it has to do with class.

Psst... PAC 10 fan's know Cal doesn't pay their students to play football.

Maybe that's something OU fan has in common with $C.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i look younger than Greg Oden, and I'm 36. plus, i'm still nails beyond the arc.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Congrats to OU. Agree with the defensive play on both sides. That's the beauty (being sarcastic here) of our defense. As glaring as some of our weaknesses are, they don't bite us in the ass all the time. Our run defense was unbelievable. I think you guys had only one run longer than 10 yards.

NU on O looked like a team that was missing a few key players. They finally put in Lucky, who was hurt and it helped. Our offensive line play was decent, but probably had more to do with your defensive players. Your guys are sick. They made some amazing catches on defense AND offense. NU just looked like a team that hadn't been to a championship game before.

I'm calling my shot now. Not only will NU get back to the championship game, but I think we'll win the thing. Keller has a better arm than Zac and those INTs won't be as easy next year. Here's to a rematch!

I thought NU would be ready for this game, but they never recovered from that first turnover. I have to feel for Zac. I realize your guys worked hard, too, but I so wanted to see him win. He worked his ass off these last two years to get our program back on track. Even though he looked at times unsure of himself tonight and held onto the ball too long at times, I'm still very proud of him.
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

Rack that take HFAL. After watching Grixby get abused all night, I'll have to find solace in knowing Zachery Bowman will be back next year. Grixby's ineptness accounted for about half of OU's passing yards. Jesus H Christ already. The guy ain't 5' 9" tall...in heels maybe. He should be at UN at Omaha. Thompson playing lights out probably had something to do with it but this shit started back when Jarret of USC made Grixby his bitch.

Anyone get the feeling Taylor wanted this game so fuggin bad he hurt himself? I'll give props to OU's D though....their play was most of the reason we turned it over 5 times. Sure NU squandered many opportunites, but the Sooner D was just sick most of the night. Take back that early OU gift TD and I firmly believe this game would have come down to the wire with possible OT.

Right now, the Sooners are a top 5 team. (major props considering this is the same team that lost AD, had the starting QB kicked off the team, and have a former QB then WR back to QB under center) Give back the Oregon game and they rate above Florida IMHO in the discussion of who should play Ohio State.

I watched this game with the Lt. Governor of Nebraska at the Bullseye Sports Bar in Hastings, Nebraska. He just got back from Japan and obviously wanted to watch the game close to home. At the end of the game we were both disappointed, hoarse, and ready to call it a night. But, after some post game discussion very similar to HFAL's assessment...we got another round and sang karaoke all fuggin' night and mulled over a possible trip to the cotton bowl.

Thinking about a Nebraska win over Oklahoma for a conference title gave me feelings I haven't had since 1997. And that felt good. But you know what? Next year is another year and I'll be right back in here talking the same ol' homer shit. Shit, you'll have to listen to me crow about 3 star recruits all winter. There's no place like Nebraska fuckers....Props OU....you guys were just as hungry and had the extra talent. Win the Fiesta for us will ya?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

What if OU got credit for a win against Oregon? How would they then compare to Florida?

Pending the final regular season BCS rankings (in which both Arkansas and Nebraska will likely drop at least a little) here's how it would've looked following today's games...

OU: 12-1 record, Big XII champs and two wins over Top 25 teams (#20 Nebraska and #23 Texas A&M)

Florida: 12-1 record, SEC champs and three wins over Top 25 teams (#5 LSU, #9 Arkansas and #16 Tennessee)

The Oregon game becoming a win for OU wouldn't change much of anything here, not really. Oregon's not in the Top 25. OU's loss to a now 19th ranked three loss Texas in the (neutral field) RRS was just a bit worse loss than Florida's loss at Jordan-Hare to a now 11th ranked two loss Auburn. Florida has more Quality Wins, and their Quality Wins came against much higher ranked teams.

Looking at it objectively I think the BCS would still have to go with Florida over OU, even if we give OU the win against Oregon. Florida would seem to have the best argument of the one loss teams, even over Michigan.
Last edited by Van on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

You'd give Michigan #2 over Florida?

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

I agree with BtH. OU is a top 10, maybe top 5 team.....but I don't think should be playing for the crystal.

as I've psoted before, I'm a big Zac Taylor fan. he's done a helluva lot for NU's program under Callahan. if not Zac, it's Joe Dailey or Ganz.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Well we all saw the game and it was closer than the score indicated as Frozen said.
Hell NU had 4 more 1st downs and what, 60 more yards total offense?
However, Zac did pick a bad night to not display better arm strength on the outs.
And having him throw from the far hash was not a good choice by Callahan. He set him up for that failure.

As most all of ya mentioned is was lights out defense...but our midgets need to be in a different line of work.
Props to OU's defense and Thompson's throwing. I didn't think he'd light it up like that.
You tell me OU would rush for what 42? yards, I'd have figured money.

Anyway, good luck in the Fiesta OU fan, and thanks alot for giving us a tougher bowel match-up than yer own.

As always, class act OU fan...and you fuckers that feel it's a Big 12 circle jerk, can at least realize you know nothing about REAL tradition and something called respect.
Not only is it important in athletics...it should apply in our daily life. (becoming extinct in this country)
I realize this is a smack board, so here's your smack, none of you assholes can relate to a common respect for the game and competiton like Oklahoma and Nebraska fan have for each other.

Oh, yeah..can't wait to kick your ass next year OU! Remember we'll have the guy Stoopsie wanted behind center, auditioning for the NFL draft. He can throw the deep sideline out.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Cornhusker wrote: Oh, yeah..can't wait to kick your ass next year OU! Remember we'll have the guy Stoopsie wanted behind center, auditioning for the NFL draft. He can throw the deep sideline out.
yeah, Keller was a nice get....but you guys lose a lot of seniors (especially on the D front 7). there's gonna be some dropoff/adjustment.

i realize Callahan has upgraded on the recruiting from Frankie....but, this year's Conrhuskers was a pretty experienced team.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

King Crimson wrote:
Cornhusker wrote: Oh, yeah..can't wait to kick your ass next year OU! Remember we'll have the guy Stoopsie wanted behind center, auditioning for the NFL draft. He can throw the deep sideline out.
yeah, Keller was a nice get....but you guys lose a lot of seniors (especially on the D front 7). there's gonna be some dropoff/adjustment.

i realize Callahan has upgraded on the recruiting from Frankie....but, this year's Conrhuskers was a pretty experienced team.
True we graduate the down 4, but Cosgrove is a senior playing coach. So from a starting point of view, it would seem we should drop off.
To be quite honest, we have underclassman that have played alot and very well.
I screamed all year to see some more time for those guys
Dillard will be back from a knee at backer, and 2 tackles that I really believe will be as good if not better than Cryer and Dagonduro will be starting. One is Suh, he'll be all conference material very soon.
Carriker is a loss, but I feel he wasn't used enough inside so Barry Turner could play more rush end. This kid is very fast on the edge.
Jay Moore was solid, but very much replaceable.
Bradley is a tough guy but too slow for sure...not sad to see him go.
Shanle, well he was opportunistic last night, not a good safety, I mean he couldn't carry Reggie Smith's gym bag.
He needs his diploma as does Grixby, who will be back [mad][/mad] next year...damn I hope he gets beat out, but he'll be a senior and Cosgrove will probbly kiss his ass in hopes of recruitng his little brother, another 5-7" all star, oh boy.
Zac Bowman, who was clearly our best corner will be back from a knee he hurt in August.

Most of the O-line will return and all the skilled guys except Taylor on the offensive side..
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

you live in Colorado Cornhusker?

Grixby had a bad game.....my buddy who is straight up Bronco/pro sports fan first and only sent me an email this AM saying as much. "that little #2 had a tough game...."
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Daniel will be a junior next year, he took some snaps in 05.

Nebraska will have a pretty tough conference slate....they got UT in AUstin, ATM in Lincoln and will travel to MU and CU (though i'm not sure what to make of Hawkins. i watch his coach's show.....he seems kind of bonkers to me and i think the CU assistants, especially the OC and DC are in over their head in the Big XII.)
Last edited by King Crimson on Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

King Crimson wrote:you live in Colorado Cornhusker?
HA!
Grixby had a bad game.....my buddy who is straight up Bronco/pro sports fan first and only sent me an email this AM saying as much. "that little #2 had a tough game...."
He's had a tough career.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Oddly enough, my whore sister in law spells her name "Cortney" as well-and I think she might be taller than Grixby.
Hell, these guys are taller than Grixby

OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Nebraska played their hearts out. That game damn sure beat most of the previous meetings.

I want it back to where there is no shame in Oklahoma losing to Nebraska or Nebraska losing to Oklahoma. I did not think Cally could do it, but prehaps..

Anyways, thanks for the battle Husker fan and I wish you the best in whatever bowl, always have.

WuRd
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

My take on NU next year.

They'll be set at Wide Receiver, Running Back, the Line and the QB positions. As good as they were this year (9th in total offense). I think they'll be better next year. I realize Keller has yet to play a down here, but I've seen lots of film on him and the guy CAN make the throws that Zac can't. We asked too much of Zac sometimes, like when he throws from the far hash all the way across the field. He just can't make it with much velocity. Keller can...

One need. A tight end. Can someone please hook us up?

On defense, it was mentioned that we have four underclassmen who played a lot who will step in. We shouldn't miss a beat.

At linebacker(as mentioned) we get Dillard back (was a huge loss) and hopefully Octavian comes into camp in shape this time. The guy shows flashes of great promise, but has been hobbled by weird injuries all year (could be because he came into fall camp fat and out of shape).

In the defensive backfield, you will see a different supporting cast. Bowman will be back (is thinking of going pro, but I don't think he'll like what he hears from the NFL draft gurus that he'll hear back in a few weeks, so I think he'll stay to show what he can do). We also have freshmen Thenarse and Culbert, who both played with fire the minimal times you saw them on dime coverages. Trust is a huge issue for our coaches and they didn't trust true freshmen seeing the field. I guarantee they'll see major playing time next year. We can only hope that Grix is put at a position where he doesn't have to cover the tall receivers. Several players had career days against him all year.

Kicking game. NU recruited a supposed big-legged kicker. I think you might have noticed that NU squandered at least 3 field goal tries because our kicker doesn't have that range.

Special Teams - Please someone find a coach that can teach how to set up punt and kick off returns. Please?

With all of our weaknesses this year - Kicking game, LB depth, Sucky secondary, Poor tightend play, Injuries on O-Line, NU managed to play beyond most NU fans' expectations. They won a couple of games they probably weren't expected to win (Mizzou, A&M), almost won a big game (Texas), Sort of held their own against USC, but played poorly in games they shouldn't have (OSU, KU).

I think they can learn a lot from this year. I hope they can build on it.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Van wrote:You'd give Michigan #2 over Florida?
I didn't say that. I don't have a problem with either one as a #2 though.
Just responding to the way you ranked 'em here...
2) Honestly, I agree. The screw job didn't end up costing OU a thing other than a few points on the winning percentage. In fact, I'd say OU would be a solid four behind tOSU, Michigan, and Florida.
Reading that, it looks like you'd rank Michigan ahead of Florida.

Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Cornhusker wrote:Well we all saw the game and it was closer than the score indicated
No it wasn't

It wasn't even as close as the score indicated. At no time whatsoever was the outcome in doubt.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Believe the Heupel wrote:That's what you read, not what I wrote.

I said I'd put OU behind all three of them. I didn't rank them in any particular order.
Gotcha. So, would you rank 'em:

1-OSU
2-Florida
3-Michigan
4-OU

??

Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

Cuda wrote:
Cornhusker wrote:Well we all saw the game and it was closer than the score indicated
No it wasn't

It wasn't even as close as the score indicated. At no time whatsoever was the outcome in doubt.
Get under yer bridge. And buy a t.v. set while your at it.