Calabasas = Smoking Nazis

The best of the best
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

PSUFAN wrote:No, I didn't miss that. I think it's a tad bit hysterical to be screeching like a bitch because a minor CA municipality has banned public smoking. Lots of things happen in CA and elsewhere that don't immediately visit upon Louisiana...genetic diversity, for example.
It sets a legal precident for other states to follow suit. California was the first state to ban smoking in bars and restaurants. Now just about every state is doing it.

I want all smokers to quit including myself. Then we can listen to the non-smokers bitch about their taxes going up.
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Neely8 wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:No, I didn't miss that. I think it's a tad bit hysterical to be screeching like a bitch because a minor CA municipality has banned public smoking. Lots of things happen in CA and elsewhere that don't immediately visit upon Louisiana...genetic diversity, for example.
It sets a legal precident for other states to follow suit. California was the first state to ban smoking in bars and restaurants. Now just about every state is doing it.

I want all smokers to quit including myself. Then we can listen to the non-smokers bitch about their taxes going up.
They would just raise the tax on beer.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

BSmack wrote:
Neely8 wrote:

They would just raise the tax on beer.

And non smoking beer drinkers would be cool with that?
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

In the meantime, you're ok with covering the tax? You do realize that currently, it's an opt-out tax, right?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Dinsdale wrote:Seems like there's an AWFUL lopt of fuckups running around this country to be spending this much time worrying about what everybody else is doing, even though it doesn't æffect them, rather than keeping their own backyard clean.
RACK.

Not to mention the idiotic priorities for law enforcement in trying to enforce this ordinance.

Robberies? Assaults? DUIs? Hell no, we've got more important things to worry about in Calabasas! Officer! Officer! Get over here quick! I saw someone smoking outside!

:meds: :meds: :meds:
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

PSUFAN wrote:
In the meantime, you're ok with covering the tax? You do realize that currently, it's an opt-out tax, right?

I smoke therefore I understand that I am paying taxes on cigarettes when I buy them. Just like a car......when you buy it you understand there are taxes involved. What happens if 75% of smokers quit today? Where is the government going to make up those billions of dollars?
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

What happens if 75% of smokers quit today?
Any chance of that happening?

My question remains...are you ok with covering that tax, in the meantime?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Neely8 wrote:What happens if 75% of smokers quit today? Where is the government going to make up those billions of dollars?
They'll just cut wasteful goverment progams and not spend as much.

Sincerely,
No They Won't
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Neely8 wrote:
BSmack wrote:They would just raise the tax on beer.
And non smoking beer drinkers would be cool with that?
Of course it is being done gradualy, as not to raise a fuss.

Did you notice I said IS being done?

I'm old enough to remember buying beer for .99 a six pack and less. 15 years ago we used to be able to buy cheap beer for under 10 dollars a case.

Don't tell me all the increase is due to increased brewing costs.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

PSUFAN wrote:
What happens if 75% of smokers quit today?
Any chance of that happening?

My question remains...are you ok with covering that tax, in the meantime?
The action of me and other smokers buying cigarettes should answer your question. If we weren't ok with it then we would quit.....
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

15 years ago we used to be able to buy cheap beer for under 10 dollars a case.
Shit beer is still available under $10 a case.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Neely, how much is too much for a pack of smokes? At what point do you quit because of the expense?
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Dinsdale wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:why must you impinge upon the personal liberty of those around you by suckling on gravesticks?
Or operating a car?

Or using fertilizer on your lawn?

Which then requires you to use a lawnmower, one of the bigger polluters in the country.

Or using white paper, which poisons the rivers?

Don't forget electricity that comes from coal-fired plants.

Where are you drawing the line here, exactly?
Nice slowpitch softball question.

All those things you mentioned all provide a utility to all individuals, at the expense of public health.

Smoking provides a pleasure to far fewer individuals, at the expense of public health.

Big fuckin' difference.
Last edited by WhatsMyName on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

PSUFAN wrote:Neely, how much is too much for a pack of smokes? At what point do you quit because of the expense?
I have asked myself that same question. However there is such a difference even on the same road. One place down the street from me charges 6.25 a pack. Another place has them for 5.55 a pack. This does not even scratch the surface of purchasing them over the internet where they are pretty cheap actually. Personally I smoke Marlboro Reds however others have switched to generics too. There are ways around the cost however the taxes per pack I believe are standard.....

My favorite story of what happens when you take the governments tax dollars:

http://www.turnto10.com/news/2329996/detail.html
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

I hate Illinois smoking Nazis.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

WhatsMyName wrote:Smoking provides a pleasure to far fewer individuals, at the expense of public health.
Not outside it doesn't.

Except of course for sniveling, hypochondriacal cunts.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

RadioFan wrote:
WhatsMyName wrote:Smoking provides a pleasure to far fewer individuals, at the expense of public health.
Not outside it doesn't.

Disagree.

The wind goes harder outdoors than indoors. Same problem, just different speed.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

WhatsMyName wrote:The wind goes harder outdoors than indoors. Same problem, just different speed.
:lol:

Oh, Ok.

Btw, has Calabasas banned charcoal grilling yet? All those deadly carcinogens and all ...
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

TenTallBen wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:I don't see where a public smoking ban in Calabasas, CA has anything to do with you, because you don't live there.
You must have missed this...
BSmack on page one wrote:But he (TTB) knows damn well that every stupid idea Cali has ever had has infiltrated the rest of this country soon enough. Better to nip you guys in the bud.
Exactely....it's all about paving the way and precedents. Smoking today = beer tomorrow. Next thing ya know it will be against the law to drink or sell a beer within 1 mile of an elementary school. Who gives a fuck if you payed your beer tax to drink your beer at the home you pay property taxes for.

Some PC whore is going to try and make some headlines with a "great" idea on how to keep alchohol away from kids and pretty soon you'll have to drink your beer in a darkened isolation chamber safely away from the eyes of children to protect their "impressionable" minds.

There is never any common sense used in shit like this.
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

WhatsMyName wrote:
RadioFan wrote:
Not outside it doesn't.

Disagree.

The wind goes harder outdoors than indoors. Same problem, just different speed.

So if I shit my pants in Nebraska, you'll be just as adversely affected by the smell of it from your location ( a few days later if the wind is right) as the guy right next to me? Never mind that molecular dissipation cockamammy bullshit.

Props on the mob mentality against smoking that defies all logic.
DMike316
Elwood

Post by DMike316 »

I'm not sure where I side on this issue.

I think I'll wait until I hear the opinions of some celebrities such as Jacquin Phoenix and Ellen Degeneres before I decide what the righteous choice should be.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

WhatsMyName wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:why must you impinge upon the personal liberty of those around you by suckling on gravesticks?
Or operating a car?

Or using fertilizer on your lawn?

Which then requires you to use a lawnmower, one of the bigger polluters in the country.

Or using white paper, which poisons the rivers?

Don't forget electricity that comes from coal-fired plants.

Where are you drawing the line here, exactly?
Nice slowpitch softball question.

All those things you mentioned all provide a utility to all individuals, at the expense of public health.

Smoking provides a pleasure to far fewer individuals, at the expense of public health.

Big fuckin' difference.

So we better ban the internal combustion engine (your car included) in the better interest of public health.

FYI: You'll ingest more toxins from factory and auto emissions than you'll ever ingest in a hundred lifetimes from infrequent exposure to tobacco smoke.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:People like you make me want to take up the habit for no other reason than to blow smoke your face.
I laughed.
RadioFan wrote: Btw, has Calabasas banned charcoal grilling yet?
5 minutes of charcoal grilling is bound to produce more air pollution and carcinogens than a smoker will in a year, but wait...I like to barbeque, so obviously banning that would be a stupid law. It's OK to make laws, as long as they only affect everyone BUT me.

And if anyone thinks that a few wisps of cigarette smoke that you might happen to catch the smell of is really having an adverse affect on your health, while you sit outside sucking down car exhaust, your time would be much better spent at a psychiatrist's office than it is railing against smoking, since you already have a serious health problem, of the "mental" variety.

Seriously -- get help for yourself before you continue on your mission to save others from themselves. You have issues.

Ooooh....I caught a wiff of cigarette smoke, I'm going to die of cancer next week!
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
DMike316
Elwood

Post by DMike316 »

Whoever mentioned earlier in this thread the scores of fatasses you see waddling their way into your local All-U-Can-Eat buffets brings up a good point.
Sure, them going Miss Conduct on themselves doesn't directly effect me, but it's also another un-healthy behavior... to cram grub down your fucking throat until your arteries and shit tend to clog with Wesson oil and the forklift dude who posts here has to cart your ass out of your bed.

Seems since we need the Gov't to now make every decision for us that it's only a matter of time before there's some legislation against fat fukks.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

I head Ellen quit smoking because her girlfriend's puss started to taste like an ashtray.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

DMike316 wrote:Seems since we need the Gov't to now make every decision for us that it's only a matter of time before there's some legislation against fat fukks.

Heart disease kills WAYWAYWAY more people in the US every year than smoking could ever even aspire to, yet I don't hear the Crusaders rallying against buffets, and I sure don't see Land-O-Lakes being sued to pay the medical bills of hundreds of thousands of Americans.

What gives?

I mean, this is all about Joe Crusader's concern for the health of people he's never met, so where's tyhe outrage about fatty foods and all-you-can-eats and pizza chains and Taco Bell and Popeye's and...

I mean, since a certain segment of society has declared themselves to be the Arbiters Of Everyone Else's Health, you would think that such caring, concerned individuals would prioritize their superiority complex and start with the biggest dangers to society.

What gives, Moral Crusaders? This is a health issue, right? It seems pretty foolish to target a small fish, when there's a lunker swimming around in the same pond.

Wait...that would affect YOU, right? Can't have that, now can we?
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Husker4ever wrote:Right....and meanwhile, another hog strung out on Krispy Kremes just dropped dead from heart failure. Let's ban Krispy Kremes or tax the fuck out of them.

More people die from obesity (by far) than from smoking. We need a junk food excise tax. Actually we don't...we need less people whoring themselves for the spotlight at the expense of liberties.
Yea, but one doesn't get second-hand diabetes from standing next to some fat fuck stuffing his gob with crap. Tobacco kills, and people who smoke are weak and stupid, and deserve to be ostracized and humiliated--call it tough love.
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

DMike316 wrote:Whoever mentioned earlier in this thread the scores of fatasses you see waddling their way into your local All-U-Can-Eat buffets brings up a good point.
Sure, them going Miss Conduct on themselves doesn't directly effect me, but it's also another un-healthy behavior... to cram grub down your fucking throat until your arteries and shit tend to clog with Wesson oil and the forklift dude who posts here has to cart your ass out of your bed.

Seems since we need the Gov't to now make every decision for us that it's only a matter of time before there's some legislation against fat fukks.
Yep. And the irony it is that our local Anti-smoking Nazi group has a disproportionate number of ho-ho poundin' fat fucks as members.

Further irony was when one of the hogs tried to give a propoganda speech at a televised city council meeting...tried because Lu Lu was gasping for air and sweating from having to stand up too long as she talked.
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:
Husker4ever wrote:Right....and meanwhile, another hog strung out on Krispy Kremes just dropped dead from heart failure. Let's ban Krispy Kremes or tax the fuck out of them.

More people die from obesity (by far) than from smoking. We need a junk food excise tax. Actually we don't...we need less people whoring themselves for the spotlight at the expense of liberties.
Yea, but one doesn't get second-hand diabetes from standing next to some fat fuck stuffing his gob with crap. Tobacco kills, and people who smoke are weak and stupid, and deserve to be ostracized and humiliated--call it tough love.
By the logic of the flawed and biased science out there on second-hand smoke....You should be dead from auto emissions by now.

P.S. Your neighbor is killing your children everytime he fires up his grill. You gonna take that shit?
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

TooFukkenBad for smokers. Wraping your polefloaties around those things isn't something the population with more grey matter should have to deal with. Go fuck yourself if you don't like that.

Also, go fuck yourself for driving up my healthcare costs.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:TooFukkenBad for smokers. Wraping your polefloaties around those things isn't something the population with more grey matter should have to deal with. Go fuck yourself if you don't like that.

Actually crappy Doctors who don't do their job correctly are the ones driving up the cost of your healthcare. It's called malpractice insurance costs........
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Husker4ever wrote:Your neighbor is killing your children everytime he fires up his grill. You gonna take that shit?
So, what you're implying is that this may not really be about physical health, but about the mental health of those who think they're in some position to dictate what others can and can't do, because it makes their otherwise-empty lives seem a little more worthwhile?

Please, say it isn't so?

And studies commissioned by anti-tobacco lobbies show a link between secondhand smoke and early death, since they're completely able to isolate the causes of any other respiratory ailments?

No way -- next, you're probably going to try to tell us that those studies by pharmecutical companies (funded by government grants, of course) that say that having an average level of cholesterol in your blood means certain early death, which is only avoidable by taking the drugs that the people who performed the study manufacture...those studies might be biased?

You're absolutely shattering my trust in pharmecutical companies and Morality Crusaders.
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:TooFukkenBad for smokers. Wraping your polefloaties around those things isn't something the population with more grey matter should have to deal with. Go fuck yourself if you don't like that.

Feel the same about fat fucks getting their gullets stapled at 20K a pop? How about the obesity related diabetes unsulin and medications that our insurance plans have to absorb?

I don't partake in the mounds of krispy kremes and ho ho's they enjoy, yet I get jacked up premiums from their health problems?

Or were you just expressing your mob mentality against smoking sans the fact that obesity costs you more every year by a factor of a ten?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I knew that given enough time, someone would get all retarded up in this bitch --
Jimmy Medalions wrote: Also, go fuck yourself for driving up my healthcare costs.

Fuck non-smoking fit people for trashing the Social Security Fund.

If your healthcare provider doesn't give you a discount for being a non-smoker, you should probably be bitching at either them, or yourself for making such a retarded decision on who to purchase insurance from.

The average American is overweight. The average American doesn't smoke.

Think those statements over, and see if y'all's can figure out why the anti-smokers sound like such whiney fucking dipshits.

There's obviously some underlying, internal reason for your displaced, illogical angst. Rather than spending time on your moral Crusade, maybe you should look out for your own health first, and adress therse issues that are causing you to feel hatred or displeasure with people you've never met. Because common fucking sense dictates that there's MUCH bigger health problems in this country which you can bitch about and legislate against, yet you chose an issue that is FACTUALLY a lesser issue.

If you feel the need to watch over the behaviors of other people in their own interest, I ask you -- why this issue, when it isn't the biggest health concern? If you're worried about your "health care costs," why not save your bitching (which is EXACTLY what you're doing) for areas where that bitching would be better spent? Or, does it just bother you that the whole world doesn't see things from your point of view?
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Husker4ever wrote:

Feel the same about fat fucks getting their gullets stapled at 20K a pop? How about the obesity related diabetes unsulin and medications that our insurance plans have to absorb?

I don't partake in the mounds of krispy kremes and ho ho's they enjoy, yet I get jacked up premiums from their health problems?

Or were you just expressing your mob mentality against smoking sans the fact that obesity costs you more every year by a factor of a ten?
For those who are obese because they choose to be lazy pieces of shit: yes. For those with a legit genetic problem: no. Please tell me you're not too stupid to see the difference.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Neely8 wrote:

Actually crappy Doctors who don't do their job correctly are the ones driving up the cost of your healthcare. It's called malpractice insurance costs........
Wrong answer. Cancer and heart disease caused by inhaling tobacco embers is a major cause of healthcare costs.

But go ahead, say what you want to believe.
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

I see the difference and I also acknowledge the fact that genetic abnormalites affecting weight are a very small percentage of the obesity numbers.

You should give it a try. But I suppose that, too, might kick the peg leg you have to stand on out from under you.

edit: ^^^In response to Medallions above
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Dins, on your best days you're a dumbfuck. Today, you're a monumental dumbfuck.

Non-smokers like myself pay higher healthcare costs, period, as a direct result of weak people like yourself who kick their own ass with every pull from a lungblaster. Don't give me talk about discounts...discounts from an already infalted number yields....an inflated but discounted number. Dumbfuck.

And another thing. Bullshit legal pursuits are another contributing factor to my healthcare costs. This, of course, is another subject. Accordingly, I didn't bring it up because I'm trying to stay on topic here.

Look into that sometime. Dumbfuck.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Husker4ever wrote:I see the difference and I also acknowledge the fact that genetic abnormalites affecting weight are a very small percentage of the obesity numbers.

You should give it a try. But I suppose that, too, might kick the peg leg you have to stand on out from under you.

edit: ^^^In response to Medallions above
Get back to me when you're ready to produce a semi-coherent take. TIA.