5 greatest bands in Rock History!

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Atomic Punk
antagonist

Re: 5 greatest bands in Rock History!

Post by Atomic Punk »

I'll agree with the Bl0w and not bradhuskertard. How's that? And yes, I've read the melt.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Fuckit, I'll play.

1. The Stones
2. The Who
3. The Beatles
4. Pink Floyd
5. Led Zeppelin
what? you agreee with me?

See what I mean, its hard not to list those five bands. Those five have a "fuck you" ballsy attitude about them.

People who really know music, "the insiders" if you will, they'll tell you to a man, those are the GODS of rock.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Atomic Punk wrote:I'll agree with the Bl0w and not bradhuskertard. How's that? And yes, I've read the melt.
hey punk, be careful where the dog shits ya, THE reason why you dont agree with my top 5, is because you are a clueless snot-nosed dummy.

The 5 bands ive listed? They make you squirm and cry like a lil' bitch, its no wonder why you hate this thread, to begin with, you dont have an ear for any music worth a damm. You are a tone deaf vulgar hapless individual, and Im not certain, but I think that you might be a mis=informed nuisance.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

bradhusker wrote:

1. The Stones
2. The Who
3. The Beatles
4. Pink Floyd
5. Led Zeppelin

See what I mean, its hard not to list those five bands. Those five have a "fuck you" ballsy attitude about them.
I don't care to rank the "greatness" of bands based on what other people think. That's just how I rank them based on personal preference. I haven't listened to any of those bands in years, but I could reach for a Who or Stones album right now and be content.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

bradhusker wrote: 6. RUSH
Rush wouldn't crack my Top 20. Not that they're untalented or anything, they just don't move me like they apparently do some. Five bands that would easily rate higher in my book would be:

Ten Years After
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
Steely Dan
The Stooges

Are/were The Stooges superior musicians to the members of Rush? Probably not, but I'd rather listen to them anyway. Same goes with symphonies and classical ensembles - outstanding musicians, but not anything I'd listen to when I wanna get my groove on.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
bradhusker wrote:

1. The Stones
2. The Who
3. The Beatles
4. Pink Floyd
5. Led Zeppelin

I don't care to rank the "greatness" of bands based on what other people think. That's just how I rank them based on personal preference. I haven't listened to any of those bands in years, but I could reach for a Who or Stones album right now and be content.
man, Im beginning to like you more and more with each post, YOU hit the nail right on the head with that one, "I could reaqch for a stones or who album right now and be content" THATS IT!!!

In a nutshell, you have really nailed it, "being content", in life, thats all that really matters, isnt it?

AND, I agree with you about what others have to say about music. HOWEVER, I only bring up critical acclaim, AFTER, I list my top 5 bands. MEANING, these 5 bands speak to me, I love to get lost in their thunder and fury, the music is what moves me.

NOW, if after I list my personal top 5, and we later find out that they have tons of critical acclaim?? thats just icing on the cake, if you will.

When I put on some music by Floyd or Zeppelin, im not doing it because I found out that they are critically acclaimed, I do so because their music moves me. Back when I was in college, decades ago, I remember sitting outside in the snow, with some friends, buttoned up in the cold wintry weather, between classes, smoking a joint, the first few chords of "stairway" begin, and I can remember a feeling of "being alive" in the crisp cold upstate new york weather,
Just a bunch of college freshmen, enjoying the feeling of being alive, and the magical notes of "stairway" just weaving their eternal spell around us, taking us to a place we could never have imgained when we were just snot-nosed middle schoolers,
I didnt need critics to explain anything to me that cold afternoon at college with my buddies getting high. ALL I needed was the genius of jimmy page and robert plant, to soothe my soul, and take in the moment , a moment I will never forget, YES, decades later, the magic and power of led zeppelin still resonates deep within my soul.

Whats your zepp, floyd, who, beatles or stones story? please feel free to share in here, we are one big family?

come on, wont u share?
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

bradhusker wrote:Whats your zepp, floyd, who, beatles or stones story?
No stories so to speak, but I have seen all of the above except The Beatles in concert (PF & RS twice each). I did see George Harrison accompany Eric Clapton while playing Crossroads though.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

bradhusker wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:I'll agree with the Bl0w and not bradhuskertard. How's that? And yes, I've read the melt.
hey punk, be careful where the dog shits ya, THE reason why you dont agree with my top 5, is because you are a clueless snot-nosed dummy.

The 5 bands ive listed? They make you squirm and cry like a lil' bitch, its no wonder why you hate this thread, to begin with, you dont have an ear for any music worth a damm. You are a tone deaf vulgar hapless individual, and Im not certain, but I think that you might be a mis=informed nuisance.
I just came back to check my gopher traps and found I caught a really dumb one. So you got THAT going for you... which is nice.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Smackie Chan wrote:
bradhusker wrote:Whats your zepp, floyd, who, beatles or stones story?
No stories so to speak, but I have seen all of the above except The Beatles in concert (PF & RS twice each). I did see George Harrison accompany Eric Clapton while playing Crossroads though.
nice, BUT its not just about seeing them live in concert, you can also describe what their music has meant to you at different stages in your life. How it can be intricately weaved into the very fabric of your life and the lives of others around you.

These 5 bands are so much a part of the fabric of ALL of our lives, some of us got our first taste of pussy to their music, some of us were helped thru a very messy divorce, and otherwise might have committed suicide were it not for the magical healing powers of music,

some of us in here might have realized that they were a sissy queer, AND as a result of this sad realization, immediately switched to QUEEM , George Michael, and CHER.

Some of you buried a loved one, and their music got you thru a dark period in ur life, Whatever the story, come, share with the forum, tell us how your life was touched by these 5 bands...............