NFL draft - and free agency period

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Re: NFL draft - and free agency period

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Indoor field turf. His times are no joke as he ran sub 4.3 times all through college. Oh, and the short shuttle time was sub 4s which verifies his speed. I watched Avery play for 3 years here and dude is a legit prospect for the pro level. Dude needs to gain some muscle and work on his route running more than anything, but he will be a deece second receiver for a NFL team.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Okay, I am back at the drawing board. I seriously don't know what the Texans should do here. Daunte Robinson might miss the first 6 games, so the Texans are going to rely heavily on Bennett and Reeves as their corners. When Daunte comes back, that will help add depth, but this got me thinking about the Texans taking Talib or Jenkins in the first round. I would LOVE for the Texans to take CB in the first round...especially Talib.

Go down this road with me...

Fred Bennett is a 6"+ physical corner
Agib Talib is a 6"+ physical corner

Both and play one on one and both are tall enough to shut down fade routes on bigger receivers. What do you do when Daunte comes back? Dude is arguably pound-for-pound the best open field tackler in the game, so he needs to be somewhere. Do you demote Bennett who has shown he has the ability to be a starter in this league? Cus' Talib is going to be a starter. We know that much.

I say you put D-Ro in a safety slot and let Rick Smith get aggressive with the playcalling. That seems like a dream scenario for the Texans defense. I would think adapting from CB to FS is easier than the opposite, but I really don't know.

If Houston passes on a safety and all the top OTs and DEs are gone, then they should trade out of the pick with the G-men and get their second rounder too. They can address the Safety position by drafting Kenny Phillips and they would now have a second round pick where they could nab Jamal Charles at RB or they could grab a much needed OT.

Decisions decisions.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
Fred Bennett is a 6"+ physical corner
Agib Talib is a 6"+ physical corner
You are gay.

Oh to make sure I stay in form with house rules. I hope the Boys draft a corner too. One that is 6' or taller.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Nice take, DF. What a brilliant response you had there.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

RumpleForeskin wrote:Nice take, DF. What a brilliant response you had there.
Sorry RF. When you start quoting athletes in the size of inches, it sounds kinda gay.

Just messin with you kid. Don't get your panties in a bunch. It's the offseason.