Name a Better Rock and Roll Band than:

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

matteric
Elwood

Re: Name a Better Rock and Roll Band than:

Post by matteric »

The Stones... were money back in the day.

The Beatles were the "good boys" and The Stones were the "bad boys".

While the Beatles had the untapped suburban sluts... screaming "yeah, yeah, yeah".

The Stones were shooting jizz all over those same suburban sluts saying "no, no, no" ... while they LOVED it all the same.

If a girl wanted to get off... during the 60's...she had the Stones playing in the background.

Still one of the best lines EVER written by a Rock Band... other than... The Who's "Meet the new boss... same as the old boss"... is "What a mess" ... from Shattered (Some Girls)

Shattered (Some Girls)

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

mvscal wrote:When I want to appreciate the technical aspects of music, I listen to Mozart, Bach or Vivaldi not Steve Miller.

Stupid take, Duhrron.
No shit. It's fucking Rock & Roll. It's supposed to be a little muddy.

What a bunch of boners.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

oh, there is all sorts of highly technical stuff in R&R. Some of it is good, some is just highly technical. The point is, music is supposed to be enjoyable to listen to. Sometimes this can be accomplished with 3 chords. Others fail while using 97 chords.

Butsy, are there even 97 chords?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

War Wagon wrote:There will be no snobbish disregard for Aerosmith in here. I won't have it. They get a lifetime pass for Toys In The Attic and Draw The Line. Same as Foreigner gets a pass for Head Games and Styx gets a pass for Grand Illusion, even though they later sold their souls for pop. Aerosmith went thru hell and came back with their soul intact. They are/were eternally worthy.

Journey and ZZ Top on the other hand, you may disregard.
Toys was Aerosmiths only good piece of music. Foreigner was a band, that chicks dug...therefore dudes listened to them. Too pop melodies....although Back Where You Belong was a decent song. Never cared for Styx, another one of the band the chicks dug, "
Aerosmith went thru hell and came back with their soul intact. They are/were eternally worthy.
This is good for a huge laugh. Aerosmith has sucked since day one aside from blowing millions of dollars on blow, and producing shit music. Your homering for them is bordering on the weird.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

War Wagon wrote:
Dorron wrote:Gimme Shelter is their only tune I like.
Making a run at MS for the ignorance and lack of taste title, I see.

The two of you should be paired in a tag team 'tard smackoff.

You would have no competition.
You know after your public fellation of Aerosmith, and posting a link to " Shattered", you continue to dispute what a lot of music critics say, what at least 3 of us on here feel is the Stones best song, you can now go on another but..but..but..Aerosmith fuckin rocks dude type rant.
Derron
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Derron wrote:You know after your public fellation of Aerosmith, and posting a link to " Shattered", you continue to dispute what a lot of music critics say, what at least 3 of us on here feel is the Stones best song, you can now go on another but..but..but..Aerosmith fuckin rocks dude type rant.
What?

I posted no link to Shattered. Get your facts straight. Perhaps you need to re-read the thread from the start, s l o w l y, for my take on The Stones.

As for Aerosmith, I only chimed in when some mouth breathers took ignorant cheap shots at them. They aren't and weren't a great band, but they were decent. I put them in the same category as a lot of decent bands of that era, but they were ahead of most on the bell curve and they outlasted most of them too.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

btw mv, since you started this thread, apparently not realizing we have a music forum...

I drove from Offutt AFB NE to Boulder CO in 1981 to see The Stones after Some Girls came out.

They were blown off the stage by this guy, doing a Chuck Berry cover here. (yes Smackie, I know I'm busted for being a hypocrite by saying I don't like covers... but that's mainly of LZ, which makes me twice the hypocrite. So sue me).

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Wags,

The album was Tattoo You. Some Girls came out in 78.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bri,

Don't confuse me with facts, damnit.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

True story. I bought Tattoo You in 1980. I brought it home, played it two times and realized it wasn't that good. So I brought it back to the store and traded it in for Led Zeppelin II. I still have that album.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

BSmack wrote:True story. I bought Tattoo You in 1980. I brought it home, played it two times and realized it wasn't that good. So I brought it back to the store and traded it in for Led Zeppelin II. I still have that album.
There was a time period when you could return and exchange albums simply because you didn't like it? That was never my era.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Jsc810 wrote:1. Rush

2. Pink Floyd
3. Beatles
4. Led Zeppelin
5. Rolling Stones
RACK that list.

Add AC/DC to it as well.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
BSmack wrote:True story. I bought Tattoo You in 1980. I brought it home, played it two times and realized it wasn't that good. So I brought it back to the store and traded it in for Led Zeppelin II. I still have that album.
There was a time period when you could return and exchange albums simply because you didn't like it? That was never my era.
I returned two albums. Tattoo You was not a big deal. They were cool about it. About 14 years later I bought a "remastered" CD of Piper at the Gates of Dawn from Borders. The sound fucking SUCKED. I would rather listen to Air France on acid than hear that abortion again. I brought it back that day and told them that it sounded like ass and I wanted either a refund or to trade it in for something else. It took about 45 minutes and managerial approval but I finally traded it in for a non remastered copy of Obscured By Clouds.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:They were so bad they were worse than Hope Solo's blown out vagina.
Hmm. I only saw one internet photo of Hope's cooter, and I would hardly describe it as "blown out". In fact, it looked rather snug in relation to the significant size of the support unit. I dunno, Screwball, perhaps it comes down to one's own point of reference, but I found the majority of women I slept with in my younger days as relatively tight, some painfully so. Very few were "blown out", at least at the start.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Hope is married to a 6'7" former NFL tight end brotha.

The smart money is going with "blown out".
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I saw the entire series of leaked photos of the Hopeless Husky.

And Goobs, if that doesn't exemplify "blown out," then you just busted off a serious KYOA, and should never boast of any sort of conquests again.

Hell, my schlong would fit just fine in that thing. Looked like something one would find in the dumpater of a 3rd-world butcher shop. While the host-creature may be as big as a house, her PED-enhanced genitalia are bigger than the tenement Screwey lives in, laundry facilities included.

The bunger she seems so proud of looked like it was still fairly well intact though. And I'm guessing on a Husky chick, it probably smells better than its neighbor, too.

That's one nasty moving sale she's sporting there.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:Hope is married to Joey Porter's bitch.
ftfy

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:I saw the entire series of leaked photos of the Hopeless Husky.

And Goobs, if that doesn't exemplify "blown out," then you just busted off a serious KYOA, and should never boast of any sort of conquests again.

Hell, my schlong would fit just fine in that thing. Looked like something one would find in the dumpater of a 3rd-world butcher shop.
I saw but one photo, a closeup.

I do seem to remember you posting a while back that your size was nothing special, but that you did produce copious amounts of gack. That might be your answer right there, tiny. :mrgreen:
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dinsdale wrote:I saw the entire series of leaked photos of the Hopeless Husky.

Hell, my schlong would fit just fine in that thing. Looked like something one would find in the dumpater of a 3rd-world butcher shop. While the host-creature may be as big as a house, her PED-enhanced genitalia are bigger than the tenement Screwey lives in, laundry facilities included.

The bunger she seems so proud of looked like it was still fairly well intact though. And I'm guessing on a Husky chick, it probably smells better than its neighbor, too.

That's one nasty moving sale she's sporting there.
2nd. That is one nasty skeezer. It looked like the Cinder snatch monster wytch except it was real.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I never said said it was pretty.

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dins and Goober going at it about penis size and unloading capabilities in and the " tight" PED enhanced snatchs on these skanks is fucking epic.

There is some sig material in there.
Derron
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:Never ceases to amaze me how threads divert to subjects so far removed from the original post.
I'm sure Solo and Stevens would make a better rock band than the Rolling Stones.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one