5 greatest bands in Rock History!

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Re: 5 greatest bands in Rock History!

Post by Bizzarofelice »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:They're not as adept at looking homosexual either.

I watched Song Remains the Same and only upon the third viewing did I realize Robert Plant was in the movie. Too busy gazing at his meatsword.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Martyred wrote: My quote wasn't directed at you. I thought that was obvious.

How can you call yourself a writer when you're barely a reader?
My bad, comrade.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Invictus
H.N.I.C.

Post by Invictus »

Bizzarofelice wrote:

I watched Song Remains the Same and only upon the third viewing did I realize Robert Plant was in the movie. Too busy gazing at his meatsword.
Outstanding.

That movie is always on VH1 Classic. I'll never be able to watch it again without thinking of Bace's post. Or, the armadillo in Plant's trousers.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

that homosexual look got him more tail in the 70s than you'll ever hope to see.

you are right though. :lol:
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Martyred wrote:
bradhusker wrote: do me a favor, just watch "in my time of dying" live at earl's court 1975...
It probably went completely over your head that JPJ's bass is much more creative than Page's hackey and somewhat juvenile slide work.

Kids love fireworks, I guess.
And JPJ couldn't hold Marcus Miller's jockstrap.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

smackaholic wrote:that homosexual look got him more tail in the 70s than you'll ever hope to see.
Yeah...I know. I'm just trying to remind you guys what exactly you're drooling over.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

War Wagon wrote:They weren't GODS, no man is God.
Yeah, not THE God... but a God.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Fine. Put it here. In this thread. Let's see if you're any better at this than Screwball.
I'm not really interested in your critique of...well...anything
So you've got thinner skin and smaller nuts than Screwball. Noted.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I'll get on that for you soon. I'm very interested in the critiques from a guy 40 years my elder. Please go into detail so that I can bring some reading material into the bathroom for my post-lunch dump. Not to actually read of course, but to wipe my ass with.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

So you got nothing. All righty then, back to the topic at hand.
War Wagon wrote:You left a few off. Other Zep songs that are better than Stairway

I: Dazed and Confused, How Many More Times
II: Heartbreaker
III: Immigrant Song, Gallows Pole, hell, the whole fucking album. Their best album, imo.
IV: Going to California, Misty Mountain Hop (loved the LOTRs references - big Tolkien fan)
Physical Graffiti: Trampled Under Foot (when I first heard this, my jaw hit the floor) Houses of the Holy, Down by the Seaside
Houses of the Holy: No Quarter
Presence: Achilles Last Stand
When The Levy Breaks.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:Afterwards, I stuck 3 fingers up my asshole
That explains a lot. Not only are you sticking your own fingers up your ass, but three of them! You must be looser than Sissyroo on a Friday night.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:
And Mikey - there a trillions of kids right now that can play 30,000 x faster than any of the "heroes". Only problem - they're all going off of scales that they practice on for days. Get one of those fuckers to actually play blues, and they absolutely can't do it. No feel to any of them.
(
I'll agree with the first part of this, but every once in a while one of them emerges who can actually play. Derek Trucks and Joe Bonermaster come to mind. While these guys aren't exactly kids they also weren't born when LZ was in their heyday. And they can definitely play. Another guy I've been listening to lately is Henry Garza. While his playing sometimes can sound a little derivative he sounds great when he's doing his own thing.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote: Yet the stench on Spray's fingers no doubt smelled less vile than that of a Foster the People or Air France song.
Of course you'd endorse smelling Sprays fingers after he shoved them up his ass. You are one sick fuck.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:I downloaded a song of theirs several months ago.
While I don't hate them, I too discovered Foster The People several months ago.

Then, we have...

Screw_Michigan wrote:Here's another great song from a great band I just discovered for you old shitstains.
The "old guys" don't need to kick Screwey's ass up and down this thread -- he's doing a fine job of it all by his lonesome.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:
And Mikey - there a trillions of kids right now that can play 30,000 x faster than any of the "heroes". Only problem - they're all going off of scales that they practice on for days. Get one of those fuckers to actually play blues, and they absolutely can't do it. No feel to any of them.
(
I'll agree with the first part of this, but every once in a while one of them emerges who can actually play. Derek Trucks and Joe Bonermaster come to mind. While these guys aren't exactly kids they also weren't born when LZ was in their heyday. And they can definitely play. Another guy I've been listening to lately is Henry Garza. While his playing sometimes can sound a little derivative he sounds great when he's doing his own thing.
Trucks has an unfair advantage, His uncle was a founding member of the ABB. He was touring with them at age 12.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:Here's the key: let's look back in 3-5 years and see how many of these bands are still around.
This shows how out of touch you are with reality. All these bands, especially Foster the People, will be around in 3-5 years because this isn't the 60s when you put an album out every 365 days.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:Wagner
"Excuse me, are you jewish?"

"What, you want to see my penis?"
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:Although 15-16 year olds do buy a lot of music.
They do? Again, more proof how out of touch with reality you are. Have another pill, lardass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Although 15-16 year olds do buy a lot of music.
They do? Again, more proof how out of touch with reality you are. Have another pill, lardass.

Is there no end to your self-abuse?

I mean, how many asskickings are you going to issue yourself in one thread?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:So you got nothing.
WTF are you talking about? Why is music a competition to you? You are a tool.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

WTF are you talking about? Why is music a competition to you?
It's not. I just wanted to see if Magoo could reference some bands that did not suck donkey cack. God knows you can't.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Stop in chat sometime when I do a show and judge for yourself...which is about twice a year. I get mostly positive feedback, even from Bud Lite Wagon. But I'm still trying to figure out if that's good or not.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

OK, let me know when in November you're chatting and I'll get it on my calendar.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:OK, let me know when in November you're chatting and I'll get it on my calendar.
Can I watch?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Go Coogs' wrote:
Martyred wrote:
bradhusker wrote: do me a favor, just watch "in my time of dying" live at earl's court 1975...
It probably went completely over your head that JPJ's bass is much more creative than Page's hackey and somewhat juvenile slide work.

Kids love fireworks, I guess.
And JPJ couldn't hold Marcus Miller's jockstrap.

JPJ couldn't hold Jaco Pastorius' jock strap either.
How far do you want to go with this?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:
WTF are you talking about? Why is music a competition to you?
It's not. I just wanted to see if Magoo could reference some bands that did not suck donkey cack. God knows you can't.
:?

Is Magoo MGO's other personality? Aren't you talking to the same dude about 2 people?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:WTF are you talking about? Why is music a competition to you?
:?

Is Magoo MGO's other personality? Aren't you talking to the same dude about 2 people?
Fuck. I thought I was answering Screwball. Them both having the corn festival queen as their avatar confussed me.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Stop in chat sometime when I do a show and judge for yourself...which is about twice a year.
You're about due then.

btw, that's past Goobs bedtime. He needs his beauty rest so that he can be in here at 7:00 am sharp every morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Stop in chat sometime when I do a show and judge for yourself...which is about twice a year.
You're about due then.

btw, that's past Goobs bedtime. He needs his beauty rest so that he can be in here at 7:00 am sharp every morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed.
Midnight's my usual bedtime. And yes, I do usually start work by 7 AM. I suppose I am slightly bushy tailed. Wax monger stops at the taint.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Ok, I just checked out that Foster The People clip, and all I can say is...

Sorry Screw, you're on your own on this one...
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:btw, that's past Goobs bedtime.
I resemble that remark.

:oops:
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

for starters, thats NOT homosexual, thats called, "cock and balls swagger", Led zepp had it, todays bands dont.

next,

I dont care if there are guitar players who can technically play as well or better than clapton, beck page or hendrix,
ITS NOT ABOUT who plays better, its about who "creates" better music, so what if you find someone who plays amazing, when he creates nothing or he creates garbage.

thirdly, you dont understand what is meant by "critical acclaim"?? first, IT has NOTHING to do with millions in sales.

When the foremost music critics of all time proclaim your body of work, "essential", there is no higher praise.

there are thousands of bands today who play great instruments, BUT, they have yet to produce a critically acclaimed body of work.

Dont be mad if the group you love doesnt have a critically acclaimed body of work, THATS REALITY, deal with it.

there is a HUGE difference between like and dis-like, opinions and tastes, AND, critical acclaim.

FOR instance, the movie schindler's List is a masterpiece of filmaking, you may not like the film, in fact, you might even hate it, HOWEVER, that doesnt change the fact that the movie is a cinematic masterpiece.

Same thing in music, like any other art form, you may not like Led zeppelin, BUT, wether you like them or not, they have created critically acclaimed essential music. SEE MY POINT?

For example, I am not a fan of Prince, HOWEVER, because I am educated in music, I know that he is a bad ass genius.

I wonder what is so hard to understand about music or movies that are critically acclaimed? No one says that you must like it or die, ALL we are merely pointing out is that if you are indeed an educated person in the arts, you will realize who the greats are, and you will realize who the pieces of shit are.

thats all.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Kids love fireworks, I guess.[/quote]

And JPJ couldn't hold Marcus Miller's jockstrap.[/quote]

JPJ couldn't hold Jaco Pastorius' jock strap either.
How far do you want to go with this?[/quote]

guys? you mean that jimmy page couldnt hold their jock straps in a technical playing sense? BECAUSE, as for creativity? or critically acclaimed body of work, THEY couldnt sniff pages strap.

seee, for a fact, who cares if they can technically play guitar better? page plays great enough for it to ever matter, when you are at that level of guitar playing, who cares if you are better technically?

What should be of the utmost importance here, is who has the better "body of work" who created better more timeless classics?

when it comes to creating art in music, Led zepp takes a back seat to no one.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

bradhusker wrote: when it comes to creating art in stealing music, Led zepp takes a back seat to no one.

ftfy
Why don’t you just STFU.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Martyred wrote:
bradhusker wrote: when it comes to creating art in stealing music, Led zepp takes a back seat to no one.

ftfy
Theres just one little problem with your theory pal, OK, so you take those blues riffs from zepp I, FINE, BUT, just because they did that? ALL the other classics and ALL the other essential albums dont count?

so, let me get this straight? when they did that? EVERYTHING else they created doesnt count? according to you?

that dont make sense.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

It's not my fault that Page had and will forever have, "Clapton Envy".

Must suck always being in the shadow of a better musician.
Why don’t you just STFU.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Martyred wrote:It's not my fault that Page had and will forever have, "Clapton Envy".
Yeah, but who doesn't?

Pretty sure Zep plagiarized this from Tolkien as well, the ingrates.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Marty has found an opening and is trying furiously to exploit it...
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Mikey wrote:Marty has found an opening and is trying furiously to exploit it...

Damn you, raccoon man!
:twisted:
Why don’t you just STFU.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Martyred wrote:It's not my fault that Page had and will forever have, "Clapton Envy".

Must suck always being in the shadow of a better musician.
you're kiddin', right?

i like clapton. i loved his work with cream and derrick and the dominoes. otherwise, meh. some good stuff, but nothing particularly extraordinary. but page? are you fukking kidding me? his creativity on the guitar is simply unmatched, both in quality and quantity. he absolutely buries eric in this regard. he is extremely versatile. dude was a genius in any genre he ventured into. eric, not so much.

as far as being technically adept, i think they are close. neither can carry SRV's guitar strap in this regard.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.