2010 Heisman Candidates

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: 2010 Heisman Candidates

Post by poptart »

Are these your supposed answers to my two Vince Young questions?
M Club wrote:your vince young questions have no bearing on anything other than how closely anyone shares the same unsubstantiated assumptions you've made about college football
lol

No, M Tard, that is not answering the two questions.

---------------------
M Club wrote:i've actually engaged your questions rather directly.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

is that last post part of "answer my questions or i'm not posting again?" or is that something else i attributed that you didn't say.

your vince young questions are g'eh unless you have an answer key. or is this something like your religion where "i just know" suffices?

since you need reasoning broken down for you:

- if i think vince young never did a day of homework and was paid on the side, you say: see, cfb is a farce.

- if i say everything about vince young's career at texas was on the up and up, you say: you're either lying or willfully ignorant (even though you'd have raped your <enter> key 100 times over in the process of saying as much).

- regardless of my answer, i ask you how you even know. you say: uh...er...i don't have to know...i just do...

sorry, homie, you just don't like sports. or any competition, for that matter. banking? how do you know that banker was hired because he was the best candidate possible? perhaps his dad made a phone call to get him a job. the bakery you frequent: probably stole the recipe from someone's dead grandma. religion? the majority of people in the world think jesus was gay, though who really cares because they're going to hell or something.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

M Club wrote:- if i think vince young never did a day of homework and was paid on the side, you say: see, cfb is a farce.

- if i say everything about vince young's career at texas was on the up and up, you say: you're either lying or willfully ignorant (even though you'd have raped your <enter> key 100 times over in the process of saying as much).

- regardless of my answer, i ask you how you even know. you say: uh...er...i don't have to know...i just do...
you say ...

you say ...

you say ...

There you go again.

You spent the whole thread making up concepts and attributing them to me as my takes.

And now when I've given you a chance to tell me directly what YOU think about something, you fail to answer the bell.

Irony, thy name is M Club.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

poptart wrote: making up concepts
here's one: poptrots.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

poptart wrote: You spent the whole thread making up concepts and attributing them to me as my takes.

And now when I've given you a chance to tell me directly what YOU think about something, you fail to answer the bell.

Irony, thy name is M Club.
i'm not sure you know what irony is. unless you meant socratic irony, though i've been pretty straight forward here. i'm also not sure you know what "i'm not going to respond is." waiting for your third response since that post even though you can't even keep things straight through just a single one.

and, uh, i've made clear what i think. maybe you should have your slant wife read this thread out loud to you.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Is it responding or ... mocking? haha

You (or anyone) can come right into the NFL forum and ask any football-related question(s) you'd like.
Any time.

I'll answer the question(s).

Guaranteed.

No fear.
No spin.
No evasion.
No takes put on your keyboard for you.

Ask away.

No problemo.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

who gives a fuck about nfl? or rather, what insight of any value do you possess other than those of us intrigued by sociopathic liars? you're responsible for two pages of this thread and have yet to make a single point.

waiting for four right now.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

poptart wrote:Is it responding or ... mocking? haha
It's called last word drama whoring.
You (or anyone) can come right into the NFL forum and ask any football-related question(s) you'd like.
Going to the "come to my playground so my friends can gang up on you!" card? Took you long enough... :meds:
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Oh, as I've shown over many years of posting, I'll answer any direct question put to me in ANY forum.

I don't care, I don't fear, and I look for no backing.

Ask it, I'll answer it.

It's pretty much standard operating procedure if you want to be taken seriously as a poster, imo.

M Club has badly clowed himself in here.

Reason I said the NFL forum is because I seriously can't imagine NFL forum peeps ducking a legit question like the Vince Young question(s).

NO college fan here wants to answer a simple and fundamental question such as that?

Wow.

But I'm not all that surprised.

As I said, passionate college fan is a different breed, and very gifted in the art of denial, or sweeping the filth under the rug to ... get his game-day on.

Rumps owned up to it, so props to him.
Rumps wrote:Nothing is perfect. College football is far from perfect, but why stop watching your alma mater because the game is a farce?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Well, pops, I somewhat agree with what Rumps said up until the farce bit.

Let's go the Van/Toejam route and say everyone does it. If everyone does it, level playing field. And to some degree, yes, I think everyone cheats. And when I say everyone, I mean ALL sports, college or pro.

College: Players get benefits (financial, academics, etc)

Pro: Rampant PEDs in all sports, Belicheat signal stealing anyone?, MLB signal stealing (runner on 2B, pitchers in bullpen with binoculars), Refs fixing games, All cyclists dope

I think it was Texas A&M's own Jackie Sherrill who said after he got fired "I said I would win. I didn't say how" as he was booted for running a dirty program. One phrase is applicable to all sports. If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. No one knows who originally said that, and I suppose the originator wouldn't want their name known anyhow. The trick is, though, don't get caught. And if you do get caught, you should pay (and not be a whiny cunt about it either).

Anyone who thinks any sport at any level isn't filled with players/coaches/refs/fans attempting to cheat in some form or fashion is as fuckdumb hopeless as mJew on a nude singles heterosexual beach where the chicks outnumber the men 10-1.

But as Rumps said...fans will be fans. May the best team win. Hope it's mine.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

poptart wrote:Reason I said the NFL forum is because I seriously can't imagine NFL forum peeps ducking a legit question like the Vince Young question(s).

NO college fan here wants to answer a simple and fundamental question such as that?
That's a legit question the same way "When did you stop beating your wife?" is a legit question. There is no correct answer, and you want to pin everyone's opinion on that single, loaded question.

Before you go on and on about how no CFB fan will acknowledge their sport as being a "farce" or "sweeping the filth under the rug", take a step back and remember that you've been in this forum for all of a week. This forum has been around for over 5 years. Do you think that this topic may have been coverd once or twice during that time? Like when JON would call out teams for cheating (USC, FSU, OSU) and people would respond with "everyone cheats".

So you'll answer any question? Why was the game better 20 years ago? 30 years ago?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Killian wrote:That's a legit question the same way "When did you stop beating your wife?" is a legit question. There is no correct answer, and you want to pin everyone's opinion on that single, loaded question.
A few things, Killian.

1. It's an OPINION question. None of us KNOW what went on with V. Young at Tejas. Fact is, he's "innocent" until proven guilty. The questions are asking what you IMAGINE. What you THINK, not what you KNOW.

2. You didn't answer the questions, and instead went FORWARD to tell me what I was going to say if you answer such and such a way. EXTREMELY poor and damning debating technique on your part.

3. If you were in a debate and your "opponent" asked you (and a number of times now) to answer two simple and direct questions and you did not, would not answer - but instead went, as M Club did (and now you have done a bit), into your own diatribes, putting words in your opponent's mouth, the moderator would tell you you need to ANSWER THE QUESTIONS. Or the debate judges would severely grade you down. No doubt about that.

Don't tell me what I'm going to say if/when you answer the questions.

The questions are legit.

1. Vince Young was paid money to attend U.T., either during recruitment or while at the school.

a) no way
b) probably not
c) probably yes
d) definitely yes

2. Vince Young was a normal functioning student while at U.T., receiving no scholastic favors and no inappropriate scholastic manipulation of any kind.

a) definitely yes
b) probably yes
c) probably not
d) definitely not

Props to Indy for his takes, even though he didn't answer the 2 questions - haha
I might have some follow up comments on those takes later.

Killian wrote:So you'll answer any question? Why was the game better 20 years ago? 30 years ago?
Which game are you asking about?
D-1 college football?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

poptart wrote:1. Vince Young was paid money to attend U.T., either during recruitment or while at the school.

a) no way
b) probably not
c) probably yes
d) definitely yes

2. Vince Young was a normal functioning student while at U.T., receiving no scholastic favors and no inappropriate scholastic manipulation of any kind.

a) definitely yes
b) probably yes
c) probably not
d) definitely not
Never saw you ask me to answer these. I'll be glad to though.

Question #1 - B: Probably Not. I honestly believe the cheating occurs once the athlete gets to the school. There may be promises ahead of time, but I don't believe bags of cash end up on the doorstep ahead of time. Now, some high school coaches get paid to influence their kid in some way or another. That I think is true. But....back in YOUR day...I'm sure EVERYTHING was clean and dandy...or swell? Is that the word you are comfortable with old man?

Question #2 - D: Definitely Not. Vince Young is as smart as my H key on my keyboard. All star players get free passes. Ask Baltimore Ravens Linebacker Ray Lewis about free passes. Think it happens only in College Football? Dontae Stallworth who killed a man driving drunk may think us CFB fans have a point.

The fact of the matter is this...as I said earlier, ALL sports have their dark sides. Any fan of any sport has ZERO leg to stand on when questioning the integrity of another sport. Pops, you came into our den and shit on our carpet. Why are you surprised folks here wiped it (and you) up and tossed it in the garbage?

Nice troll job. Sorry it did not spark any interest in the NFL forum wasteland as you had hoped. At least you got to experience the quality of the TRUE football forum in these parts.

God Bless.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

poptart wrote: 1. It's an OPINION question. None of us KNOW what went on with V. Young at Tejas. Fact is, he's "innocent" until proven guilty. The questions are asking what you IMAGINE. What you THINK, not what you KNOW.
exactly, now you know. what relevance does anyone's opinion about something they (and you) don't know about have on your assertion that cfb is a farce?

3. If you were in a debate and your "opponent" asked you (and a number of times now) to answer two simple and direct questions and you did not, would not answer - but instead went, as M Club did (and now you have done a bit), into your own diatribes, putting words in your opponent's mouth, the moderator would tell you you need to ANSWER THE QUESTIONS. Or the debate judges would severely grade you down. No doubt about that.
you've obviosly never been involved with debate. the judges wouldn't mark you down. they'd probably snicker under their breath that you bothered wasting your time on the floor to address such pointless inquiries. just because your question involves cfb doesn't mean it pertains to the question at hand, which is cfb is a farce compared to what, exactly?

otherwise, fairly simple topic at hand. you say cfb is a farce because of "cheating across the entire landscape." the entire forum has asked, "eh, how is that different than any other sport?" and you? i really don't know. flailing comes to mind.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Yeah, you have no idea how a debate works. Your pointless questions were adressed, but you either chose to ignore that part of the post or lack the reading comprehension to realize they were being addressed. My guess its the former, seeing as how it was the only part of my post you didn't quote.

Nice dodge on my question, "It was better in my day" guy.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

M Club posted?

Oh, ... [nsfw]oops[/nsfw]

Killian, you can spin all you like.

You failed to answer the two questions.

I didn't dodge your question.
I simply want to know what "game" you are asking about?

D-1 college ball?

Ok, Indy, you answered the two questions, and that is good.

You think Vince was probably not paid during recruitment or while at the school.
And you think Vince was definitely not a normal functioning student while at the school.

Before giving you my take, I'm curious to ask you one follow up question.

Jamaal Charles
Limas Sweed

Do you give the same answers you gave for Vince Young for these fellas?
Killian

Post by Killian »

Sure I did, I guess you're just not smart enough to figure it out. And you're not smart enough to figure out what game I was talking about, givin what the forum this is.

Now go ahead and come back with another stupid pizza analogy.
Last edited by Killian on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

poptart wrote:Before giving you my take, I'm curious to ask you one follow up question.

Jamaal Charles
Limas Sweed

Do you give the same answers you gave for Vince Young for these fellas?
Question 1: Probably not for the same reasoning.
Question 2: I have no clue. When I look at stats for college athletes, I usually don't dig for Major and GPA. I also don't dig for improprietaries. I'll leave that to their compliance department and the NCAA.

I like soccer. I hate the fake injuries. I hate the fact the ref can call a foul without having to explain the foul. I hate the fact they don't have instant replay when scoring is so precious. But I still watch it.

I like pro basketball. I hate the flopping. I hate the "star power" calls. I hate the refs fixing games. I hate David Stern. I hate the fact half the league gets to the playoffs and teams with sub .500 records have an opportunity to win it all. But I still watch it.

I like MLB. I hate the umps inconsistent strikezones. I hate the rampant steroid use by the players. I hate Bud Selig. I hate the fucking Cubs. But I still watch it.

I like pro football. I hate the overtime rules. I hate the PED usage. I hate the fact I have to buy a damn dish to be able to watch my team. I hate the coddling of the QB. I hate the Pro Bowl. But I still watch it.

I like college football. I hate the cheating. I hate the BCS. I hate the Longwhorns. I hate $Bill Bryne. But I still watch it.

NOTHING is "perfect" or "pure". I assume you hate kiddie diddlers, but you still love the church and buy into what it sells. Same here with sports. I like the NFL, but I love college ball so much more. Neither is perfect. My wife isn't either, but I love her too. Be careful in that glass house you live in.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I hate the fucking Cubs.
Rack.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
I hate the fucking Cubs.
Rack.
whaa? last time i stood outside wrigley field after a game i made a point to count the we're not whities. i came up with...one. i figured once i told frisco he'd be in line for season tickets.**

**uh... usually i just drop the sarcasm, but this time i'll point out some of the board's tendency to drop "racist" on indy.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

IndyFrisco wrote: NOTHING is "perfect" or "pure". I assume you hate kiddie diddlers, but you still love the church and buy into what it sells. Same here with sports. I like the NFL, but I love college ball so much more. Neither is perfect. My wife isn't either, but I love her too. Be careful in that glass house you live in.
words wasted on a dude who married a slant. homo's only concerned about his stand in a field full of no deer.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

M Club wrote:? last time i stood outside wrigley field after a game i made a point to count the we're not whities. i came up with...one. i figured once i told frisco he'd be in line for season tickets.**

**uh... usually i just drop the sarcasm, but this time i'll point out some of the board's tendency to drop "racist" on indy.
Funny, change wrigley field with the town I live in and it would be the same.

btw, no race is off limits to smack for me, my own included.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

M Club wrote:whaa? last time i stood outside wrigley field after a game i made a point to count the we're not whities. i came up with...one. i figured once i told frisco he'd be in line for season tickets.**
Sorry, I didn't read into it very much. "Fuck the Cubs" blasts are on auto-rack for me.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i used to be ok with the cubs until i moved to chicago for a year. now i'm on your side.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Indy, your answer is that Vince Young was definitely not a normal functioning student while at U.T. and you think he undoubtedly DID receive scholastic favors and/or inappropriate scholastic manipulation during his time there.

Definitely and undoubtedly.

I tend to agree with that.

Vince Young had NO business being a student at the University of Texas and it is highly questionable whether he would even cut the mustard at a low-grade community college.

He's your 2005 National Champion.

Yes, that highly celebrated ... student-athlete. har

Were we talking about ... intercollegiate athletics, D-1 football saying it is that, and poptart saying it is a farce?

Surely it IS a farce.
No doubt about it.

Vince scored a 6 on his Wonderlic and then a 15 the second time and we know he is a COMPLETE m0ron.
10 or less indicates a person is illiterate.
An average clerical worker scores 21.

Marcus Vick scored an 11.
Percy Harvin scored a 12.
Hakeem Nicks got an 11.
Louis Delmas scored a 12.
Rey Maualuga scored a 15.

Some of the more high profile, ummm ... ?student-athletes? of 2009.

I would suggest that nearly all of the "big" schools (Florida, Miami, LSU, USC, Ohio State, Tejas, etc.) have at least a handful of total knuckle-draggers on the roster.
Mental zeros who have NO business being on campus.
NONE.

I said D-1 college football as ... intercollegiate atheltics ... is a farce.

I said, turn D-1 College into an NFL farm system.
Or a minor league.
Or let the athletes make college football their major.
Or pay the players.
Or SOMETHING.

Because what is going on right now is seriously fucking sick.

I am right.

Was Vince paid money to go to, or while attending, Tejas?

I dunno, but think it's certainly a realistic possibility.

You recognize that it's a possibility, also, Indy, as you said.

We know that USC was illegal in the 2006 BullCShit Title Game with V. Young's Texas team, as well as in their national championship year the season before.

And again, we know this ...

http://www.lostlettermen.com/2010/06/to ... -scandals/

With the HUGE money at stake for schools, no rational human would reject the reality that there is quite a large incentive for improprieties to take place.

Just take the money, son -- *hush* *hush* - nobody will know.

Do we know what we are watching as we watch it?

How players were acquired?
How they are really compensated?
How they keep their status as -- STUDENT-athletes?

We don't know.

It's all very murky, cloudy and suspicious.

poptart wrote:Every Saturday of D-1 College Football is like the Little League World Series - in a season where some team rolls everyone because they've weaseled a couple of stud 14 yr olds onto the squad.

You've got cheating ALL OVER the landscape.
Players being paid, players balling who should be academically ineligble, players who never should have been eligible in the first place, players who never should have been admitted to college, players who have someone else do their homework, players who are coddled and pushed through, players receiving favors, ... etc...

And as you tune in to a game, you have NO IDEA who these guys are ... or how many of them are running around the field.

You have NO IDEA which teams are rolling people because they are scamming everyone - or that they are better scammers than the other folks.

It is a total JOKE and anyone who financially supports such trash should immediately check themself into a mental institution.

It is NOT intercollegiate athletics.
That was a very solid take.

Killian, I'll answer your question later today.
The clock has run out on me with this long post - for now.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

poptart wrote: I tend to agree with that.
how does that validate anything? you just admitted your questions were absolutely retarded. the only thing an answer leads to is a circle jerk.

Vince Young had NO business being a student at the University of Texas and it is highly questionable whether he would even cut the mustard at a low-grade community college.
inputs and outputs, you daft fuck. presumably a student leaves university less stupid when he/she began. i'm sure texas - student enrollment 60,000 - was put in a tough situation trying to ration academic resources for a student responsible for generating more interest in the institution as a whole. or that you've considered the hundreds of thousands of students nationwide that don't belong in a university, either.

That was a very solid take.
appealing formula: write out a shite take, pat yourself on the back for same shite take.

great scroll wheel's worth of sociopathy there, though. i think it's about two posts up that indy mentioned the dark side of every sport right before you tried convincing ______ of the exact same take. i don't know why you're trying to warn cfb fans there are shenanigans afoot in cfb. it's not a revolutionary take, nor is it even anything we don't already make fun of each other about. you've failed miserably. cry in your slant wife's arms.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

M Peachfuzz wrote:I wouldn't answer poptart's question

Killian asks, "poptart, why was the D-1 college football game was better 20-20 years ago?"

First, Killian, I'm curious - What is your age?

I'll give you three points.

1. Your question is surely subjective.
It may indeed be a matter of "taste."
How can I tell someone that what they like isn't good as something else?
Someone might like an old classic such as Casablanca and someone might like a relatively new classic like Shawshank Redemption.
Nobody is wrong.
Different strokes.

2. From the perspective of being a farce, I consider D-1 college ball of 20-30 years ago to have been a farce, just as I consider today's version a farce.
But perhaps the elements encouraging the perversion of the game have escalated, what with the HUGE money at stake for schools at this time in history.
The motivation for cheating may rightfully be understood to grow as the money at stake has grown.
But the D-1 game (as "intercollegiate athletics") was, imo, a farce 20-30 years ago and it still is today, and maybe more-so.

3. ESPN began 31 years ago.
Over those 30 years, as D-1 college ball has saturated the sports viewing landscape, it's been my "un-scientific" observation that teams have gradually blended their "look" such that they appear and they operate with less distinctive character than they did an era ago.
They look more the same than they used to.
The game has grown more bland to me.

The BCS is a very bad joke.
A computer generated national champion is a hoot, and yes, even more-so than a voter-generated champion, imo.
The "lesser" bowls used to hold some more legitimate interest.
Now ... pfft ...
They're as useful as an M Club post.

As I noted earlier, Scott posted this ... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35699
Yes, definitely a WORSE situation for the college game than 20-30 years ago, ... imo.

Those are my takes on what you asked, Killian.