Can anybody name someone more worthy than Barack Obama...

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Re: Can anybody name someone more worthy than Barack Obama...

Post by Diogenes »

Van wrote:No, it isn't. Nobody has accused Bace of saying Obama deserved the award. People are merely asking him to detail Obama's achievements which warranted his receiving the award. In essence, they're asking Bace to state whether he feels Obama deserved the award.
That wasn't a question.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I love the way people kept melting over this. All this projection and posturing and tough guy routine, and all I did was say "there is no question" after a question wasn't directed to me.

Obama did nothing to earn the award.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

See how easy that was, instead of all the posturing?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Van wrote:No, it isn't. Nobody has accused Bace of saying Obama deserved the award.
You were begging the question.

I thought you were supposed to be some sort of internet intellectual powerhouse...

You're straying into Mad Russian territory. Tread lightly.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Marty wrote:I thought you were supposed to be some sort of internet intellectual powerhouse...
I like that. It has a nice ring to it.

See, deep down you do like me/us/them.

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Van wrote:us/them.
we get it: you like david gilmour
why is my neighborhood on fire
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I do, actually.

Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Bizzarofelice wrote:I love the way people kept melting over this. All this projection and posturing and tough guy routine, and all I did was say "there is no question" after a question wasn't directed to me.

Obama did nothing to earn the award.
That wasn't an answer.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Diogenes wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:I suppose I owe the righties props for not suggesting that W deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for bringing to justice the OKC mastermind, Saddam Hussein.
FTFY.

Get your conspiracy theories straight.
I'm not going with a stupid JaynaDavis-esque website. I'm going by what your boy said, or at least insinuated, by mentioning Saddam Hussein and 9/11 in the same breath, every chance he got. Your boy never accused Saddam Hussein of any involvement in OKC AFAIK. Besides, the OKC perps were white supremacists. They hated Saddam Hussein and never would have knowingly worked for him or even accepted financial assistance from him. I know it's a tired cliche around these parts, but tell me you knew.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Terry man, Christ, okay now it's time to buckle up and put your mouthpiece in because we're going live.

You need to stop this "your boy" shit. It's childish. Our current CiC needs to stop referring to the mess he was handed, it's childish. Mr. Bush was handed a mess too. Mr Bush was handed a mess and as a country we got blindsided by a brilliantly planned and executed attack by a formidable and elusive foe; one that had eluded any major consequences up until the point of 9-11. It was a judgement call based on two primary factors.

1. We are vulnerable.
2. We did not know completely about Saddam's capabilities because Saddam was a lying sack of shit and the UN is a limp dick.

Now if you don't see that throughout history "unholy" alliances have been made time and time again between factions that normally don't get along in order to destroy a common enemy, then you're not paying attention.

Did Islamic Fundies and/or Saddam contact and work with domestic terrorists whose idealogies differed but overall need to cause instability within the United States were held in common ?

I don't know. I do know that it is not beyond reason, not without historical precedent, and also am quite aware that within our country subsequent to 9-11, domestic terrorists of any idealogy were in fact monitored very closely. "Chatter" among those groups were not only heralding the brilliance of the attack on 9-11 but they were calling for similar attacks while the country was reeling.

These are facts dude. Just because you have a wonderful compassionate heart, does not mean others do. To somehow some way get the U.S. to destroy itself from within would be a great coup for our foes. Afterall, just look at how successful enemy propaganda worked during Vietnam. Enemy propaganda produced and distributed by U.S. citizens. Vietnam, a war where we didn't lose. We left.

To duplicate that, is the main and primary objective of Islamic fundies seeking the eradication of Western influence and Jews, in the Middle East. That is their stated claim, not mine.