Recycling...is it dying?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Recycling...is it dying?

Post by Left Seater »

Cities have done a great job of getting us to recycle. They ran programs over the last twenty years to train our behavior. Now most of us have a recycle bin and a trash can.

But now there are issues. We tend to toss anything we think might be recycleable into the bin. Much of that is contaminated and therefore not recycleable. Plus many of the plastics we toss into the bin aren’t able to be recycled at all. Add to that China stopped accepting many plastics for recycling and the market has dried up. Cities have gone from being paid for each ton of recycleables to now paying huge dollars to have it recycled or paying less to have it incinerated or buried in a land fill.

There is a good chance your city is still picking up your recycling but is just taking it to the same place as your regular trash.

Add to that new regulations to the Basel convention that makes plastic waste a hazardous material and as such requires the approval of the government of the receiving country before it can be shipped.

So is recycling dying? Are new regulations coming to limit virgin plastics? Are we prepared to pay a good bit more for new types of packaging?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Kierland

Re: Recycling...is it dying?

Post by Kierland »

Which cities take recycling to the trash?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

This thread should be recycled....to TROTS.

:|
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

So you want more of the usual posts here? So noted.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

We have it going here. I have no problem. I remember one time when newsprint/paper was quite profitable, people were actually stealing it out of recycling bins.Some aluminum is also quite desirable--or at least it was. People were pilfering that after the big hurricanes.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Wolfie up in your old neighborhood they just burn the recycling.

https://www.concordmonitor.com/franklin ... h-19057126

You sure that isn’t happening down south as well?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Waste Management was all for it as long as they can generate a revenue stream off it. They came up with the horse shit story to the local city council who also controls the waste program in a rural area around the city, that the Chinese were not going to take the recycling any more and the cost was going up and they needed a $ 5 per household increase in the rates. The City of course unzipped WM pants and gave them the $ 5 per household increase. The City gets a "tipping fee" from Waste Management,and Waste Management is able to get the city to start all kinds of bullshit programs that give WM more money.

It all goes to the landfill after a carefully crafted " recycling" process involving pickup, sorting (not) and disposal. The recycling trucks dump the shit in the main area at the transfer station and it all goes to the dump. Fuck those assholes.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Derron wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:38 pm Waste Management was all for it as long as they can generate a revenue stream off it. They came up with the horse shit story to the local city council who also controls the waste program in a rural area around the city, that the Chinese were not going to take the recycling any more and the cost was going up and they needed a $ 5 per household increase in the rates.
That's not a horse shit story, Dohron.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... nt-want-it
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

If Trump was smart, instead of tariffs, he would force China to accept annually a volume of "recyclable" material equal to the volume of manufactured products that the US imports.

That way, we send them our trash, they turn it into new shit, and we pay for the value added. Everybody wins.
Slap
Elwood

Post by Slap »

Derron wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:38 pm Waste Management was all for it as long as they can generate a revenue stream off it. They came up with the horse shit story to the local city council who also controls the waste program in a rural area around the city, that the Chinese were not going to take the recycling any more and the cost was going up and they needed a $ 5 per household increase in the rates. The City of course unzipped WM pants and gave them the $ 5 per household increase. The City gets a "tipping fee" from Waste Management,and Waste Management is able to get the city to start all kinds of bullshit programs that give WM more money.

It all goes to the landfill after a carefully crafted " recycling" process involving pickup, sorting (not) and disposal. The recycling trucks dump the shit in the main area at the transfer station and it all goes to the dump. Fuck those assholes.
You are a smelly garbage collector.
smackaholic wrote:I would touch someone's dick, hell, I'd fukking blow him
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:48 pm
Derron wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:38 pm Waste Management was all for it as long as they can generate a revenue stream off it. They came up with the horse shit story to the local city council who also controls the waste program in a rural area around the city, that the Chinese were not going to take the recycling any more and the cost was going up and they needed a $ 5 per household increase in the rates.

Fake News
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Slap wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:40 pm
Derron wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:38 pm Waste Management was all for it as long as they can generate a revenue stream off it. They came up with the horse shit story to the local city council who also controls the waste program in a rural area around the city, that the Chinese were not going to take the recycling any more and the cost was going up and they needed a $ 5 per household increase in the rates. The City of course unzipped WM pants and gave them the $ 5 per household increase. The City gets a "tipping fee" from Waste Management,and Waste Management is able to get the city to start all kinds of bullshit programs that give WM more money.

You are a smelly garbage collector.
You are a very bad poster. Fuck off.
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Goober McTuber wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:48 pm

Oh I knew it was not horse shit, you have to hand it to Waste Management, they get cu toff and turn it into millions of more dollars. When one revenue stream dries up, then invent another. Kind of like there asbestos disposal. Cost me $ 224 to get rid of 4 bags of floor tile.
Derron
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So you were lying tiny?