Are you Lefties concerned about income inequality?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Are you Lefties concerned about income inequality?

Post by Rooster »

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2600 ... williamson

Ok, so we have here an article about Lebron James and what he thinks about Zion Williamson-- a legitimate journalistic enterprise. But something caught my eye a few paragraphs into it:

"And while Williamson, and his soaring closeout block on Virginia's De'Andre Hunter, stole the show Saturday, James said the entire Duke team was impressive. It's a team that his oldest son, LeBron James Jr., could join someday, having already received a standing scholarship offer from Krzyzewski, according to sources."

My question to you is, why in the world would Lebron James' son need a scholarship when his father could conceivably purchase the entire school for as much money as he has been paid over his career? Such money would be better spent on a prospective student without the means to go to college, don't you think? Furthermore, has this child shown even a smidgen of the talent for basketball necessary to play on a team such as Duke or is this just a legacy thing where Duke gets to claim the dubious glory of landing a Lebron kid on their roster?
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Are you Lefties concerned about income inequality?

Post by Left Seater »

You know the answer, but I think there could be a better example.

Of course liberals don’t care about income equality, except when they think it is directly affecting large numbers of team D voters. Where is Team D on the subject of C suite income disparity between women and men? Where are they when it comes to income disparity in IT between women and men?

They want to run their living wage sound bites cause it plays well to uneducated voters, who choose team D. Does $15/hr really equal a living wage in SFO or NYC? Not with the runaway taxes and Uber high costs of living. Meanwhile, they completely ignore the fact that some jobs aren’t meant to pay a living wage or that $15/hr is more than a living wage in say Des Moines.

So, yeah, Team D cares about income equality when it might be good for team D.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

$15/hr is 30k before taxes and around 24k after. An apt in Des Moines is $900 so we are down to 14,900. Let’s say $50 for car insurance and $50 for phone so we are down to 13,700. 50 for electric and 50 for cable or WiFi and we are at 12,500 or $35 a day for everything else. Gas, food, clothes, and all the other stuff for $35 a day. That might be enough to feed your fat face for one meal but it’s not enough to have any kind of real life.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Never mind your assumptions, people live on far less. And no one says these jobs are designed for the long term.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So they should eat cake?
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

So they should not be settling for minimum wage jobs. They should be learning a trade, going to college etc, and not depending on government to make ends meet.

Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Or move to Texas, get a job in the oil fields (where most every company is begging for help and offering on the job training) and make 6 figures within 2-3 years.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

It’s amazing how stupid you two are. One person (or 100 or 10,000) getting a better job does not fix income inequality. It’s like all you can do is parrot shit talking points, whether they are relevant or not.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

There's inequality in everything except maybe equilateral geometric figures.My question is---so what? It's not like Bill Gates or someone is stealing money from me. Uncle Sam does a pretty good job of that.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

And minimum wage policy only guarantees that the gap increases further. More unemployment, more difficult for small businesses to compete, big corporations eat all the cake.

And we all know which ideology loves minimum wage chatter and big business.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

If you make 15/hr in Des Moines, you’ll likely need a roommate or 2. And you best get a little OT or have another part time gig.

People can and do live on that sort of money. I wouldn’t want to, but it can be done.

It’s called living within your means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

smackaholic wrote: People can and do live on that sort of money. I wouldn’t want to, but it can be done.

It’s called living within your means.
This.

And for all of angry midget lawyers assumptions I picked Des Moines for a reason. I know exactly what the assistant equipment manager makes for the AHL hockey team there. It is a salary less than $30K. Dude lives on that salary. But angry racist snowflake attorney says it don’t work. Just more fake news from him.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Kierland wrote:So they should eat cake?

You're asking Seater about eating cake? Have you lost your mind?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

My daughter makes right around that sort of money. She has her own nice 1 bedroom apartment. And housing prices in Cromwell, Ct are a lot higher than Des Moines. She is also working on her Masters, so me and the OL help her out a bit with little things like cell phone and car maintenance.

So yeah, you can live on it, in places more expensive than Des Moines, even.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:
Kierland wrote:So they should eat cake?

You're asking Seater about eating cake? Have you lost your mind?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rack my favorite commie!

Pretty sure he's the only one left on the left that can bring the funny.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I’m very concerned with inequality between my income and...say $250,000.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

i looked on realtor.com for Des Moines. Looks like you can get a modest ranch in OK shape for 75K on a small city lot.

And I suspect the neighborhoods are decent as everyone in Des Moines is white. :)

So, you could likely become a homeowner there for under 700/month.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Kierland wrote:It’s amazing how stupid you two are. One person (or 100 or 10,000) getting a better job does not fix income inequality. It’s like all you can do is parrot shit talking points, whether they are relevant or not.
Nice white flag.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Scene from today. I'm driving over to the Publix parking lot and I see this young lady with a sign---begging. A block away, there is a Burger King with a big sign in the window---NOW HIRING. I yelled over to her about it, but if she heard me she probably doesn't give a rat's ass. I was tempted to ask her on the way back home as to how much she makes an hour begging. Would have been revealing if I knew it.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I remember the first time I went overseas. I was amazed at the amount of panhandling I saw.

Today it is as common here if not more so. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Kierland wrote:It’s amazing how stupid you two are. One person (or 100 or 10,000) getting a better job does not fix income inequality.
There is no such thing as job equality, which is why the idea of income equality is a joke. Do you really believe a doctor and janitor should be paid similar salaries? Minimum wage has been around a long time and we all have probably had a job paying such while we went to school etc. Did any of us accept minimum wage for the rest of our lives? Of course not. When i was in the military I went to college at night to learn additional skills for better employment.

Income equality is just another case of Democrats believing blacks and other minorities are too stupid &/or lazy to learn the necessary skills for better employment, and in reality they want to keep blacks and minorities on the "farm" and away from being self reliant.

As Carol from Prager University said, 100+ years ago Democrats didn't treat minorities and women equally, and still don't.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.