So was this the "Blue Wave"?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Re: So was this the "Blue Wave"?

Post by FiatLux »

The fact you have to ask... qualifies you for trailer park trash.

too funny
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

A wave was what happened in '94.

This was a ripple. Due partly to demographic shifts in Cali and bad timing with a ton of Republican retirements.

The bigger story is the Republicans getting breathing room in the Senate. This will come in handy in the next few years when Trump gets another SCOTUS pick. I think Clarence will hang it up soon and hopefully the grim reaper will finally pay RBG a visit.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Last night was an overwhelming rebuke of Trumpian politics and it would have been worse if the GOP hadn't gerrymandered more than half the House district.

We'll revisit the issue when the economy eventually collapses and Mueller exposes the outright criminality and corruption in the White House.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

^^^^^
S-M's alternate universe. At least Florida seems to have decided not to go "California" for another 4 years.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:Just thought I'd ask.
It went pretty much as expected. Nobody really thought the Dems would flip the Senate. There were too many Dem seats up for grabs (especially in a few states that went bigly for Trump) and too few Republican seats.

On the plus side, Trump will no longer have any personal lap-dogs running any of the House oversight committees (‘sup Devin)...

Let the investigations begin!!!

We’ll get to watch you self-render in real time over Nancy Pelosi. That should be a momentous meltdown.

The Dems flipped several Governorships (bye bye Snotty). Not sure about the down-ballot results in those states but it’s at the local level, which the MSM seems to still ignore, where any true wave gets started .
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Wolfman wrote:^^^^^
S-M's alternate universe. At least Florida seems to have decided not to go "California" for another 4 years.
By then most of Florida will be either under water or covered in a toxic green slime, so who really GARA.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Look at little Screwy spinning away. Guess that helps prevent triggering and melting.

I have long said we the people are best served when Congress is split. As Mikey has already pointed out, Dems will likely spend the next two years investigating all things Trump at the expense of everything else. Unless they find a smoking gun, this will just result in his re-election.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

It not just about numbers. Some seats got bluer.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:The Dems flipped several Governorships (bye bye Snotty). Not sure about the down-ballot results in those states but it’s at the local level, which the MSM seems to still ignore, where any true wave gets started .
The long nightmare is over in Wisconsin, at least at the governor level. The assembly districts are so ridiculously gerrymandered that Democrats get the majority of the votes, but the Republicans win two thirds of the seats.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Mikey wrote:Let the investigations begin!!!
What has Mueller, his democratic crew and millions of our tax dollars been doing for the past two years?
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Even moderate democrats know that Ocrazio Cortez is a stone’s throw from commie.

She’s a know-nothing, soon-to-be-do-nothing.

Which means she has some real potential for advancement within her party.
Last edited by L45B on Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

How soon?
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Please dems, we want to hear more from her.

https://youtu.be/gXOe40Zp25M[/youtube]
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Mikey wrote:The Dems flipped several Governorships (bye bye Snotty). Not sure about the down-ballot results in those states but it’s at the local level, which the MSM seems to still ignore, where any true wave gets started .
The long nightmare is over in Wisconsin, at least at the governor level. The assembly districts are so ridiculously gerrymandered that Democrats get the majority of the votes, but the Republicans win two thirds of the seats.
I used to give you grief about Walker.

Then he ran for president.

Pretty bad when you look like a stupid fool next to Trump
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

L45B wrote:Please dems, we want to hear more from her.
So in other words you have no answer.
Just another tard and his fake news.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Most people are not economics experts, and that’s ok.

But she has an economics degree and appears in most of her interviews to be completely clueless on the topic. Which means she will naturally gain a huge following of those who also have no fucking clue.

I’m personally glad she won. You guys need to prop her up for President. She would be the ideal candidate for your party.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

I think my favorite comment by her so far is that the unemployment figure is so low because people have more than one job.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

L45B wrote:Most people are not economics experts, and that’s ok.

But she has an economics degree and appears in most of her interviews to be completely clueless on the topic. Which means she will naturally gain a huge following of those who also have no fucking clue.

I’m personally glad she won. You guys need to prop her up for President. She would be the ideal candidate for your party.
So you were just blowing smoke. How presidential of you.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Killian wrote:I think my favorite comment by her so far is that the unemployment figure is so low because people have more than one job.
Which asinine comment from Don the Con is your favorite? You can pick from just this morning, yesterday, last week, last month or all time. I know there are 1,000s, so take your time.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

That’s Nobel Prize - level rhetoric right there.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Doubling down on your white flag. What a pussy.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote:Look at little Screwy spinning away. Guess that helps prevent triggering and melting.

I have long said we the people are best served when Congress is split. As Mikey has already pointed out, Dems will likely spend the next two years investigating all things Trump at the expense of everything else. Unless they find a smoking gun, this will just result in his re-election.
Oversight of the Executive Branch is an responsibility of Congress, which has failed miserably under the current leadership.

Don't be surprised if Adam Schiff is a household name within the next few months.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sirfindafold wrote:
Mikey wrote:Let the investigations begin!!!
What has Mueller, his democratic crew and millions of our tax dollars been doing for the past two years?
Mueller has nothing to do with any Congressional investigations. I wouldn't expect you to know that though.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:
Left Seater wrote:Look at little Screwy spinning away. Guess that helps prevent triggering and melting.

Oversight of the Executive Branch is an responsibility of Congress, which has failed miserably under the current leadership.
I think the current Congress can't tell the difference between oversight and overlook.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Killian

Post by Killian »

Kierland wrote:
Killian wrote:I think my favorite comment by her so far is that the unemployment figure is so low because people have more than one job.
Which asinine comment from Don the Con is your favorite? You can pick from just this morning, yesterday, last week, last month or all time. I know there are 1,000s, so take your time.
Was he the subject being discussed? For someone who likes to call people on whataboutism, this is hilarious.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

I was commenting on your hypocrisy you feckless twat.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:The assembly districts are so ridiculously gerrymandered that Democrats get the majority of the votes, but the Republicans win two thirds of the seats.
It's like this throughout all of the nation but Left Seater, who clearly doesn't reside on planet earth, believes the vote count reflects voter disgust of "racist" D candidates.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sirfindafold wrote:
You're gonna find out in a few weeks. Grab your ankles.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Kierland wrote:So you were just blowing smoke. How presidential of you.
Nope, not blowing smoke. I simply made mention of how a (now elected) politician (whose picture you posted) is out of her league and way left of the edge of the cliff (of ignorance, much less politics).

Can you actually name one good idea— policy or principle— of hers? There’s certainly more than enough sound bites to choose from to know what she stands for.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Kierland wrote:I was commenting on your hypocrisy you feckless twat.
Sure you were, Muggsy.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

l4,
So now you want to move the goal posts. It was a simple question. You don’t want to answer it fine.
Last edited by Kierland on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Killian wrote:
Kierland wrote:I was commenting on your hypocrisy you feckless twat.
Sure you were, Muggsy.
Nice white flag.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Kierland wrote:l4,
So now you want to move the goal posts. It was a simple question. You don’t want to answer it fine.
Project much? The topic— of your [/img]— is the only one I’ve addressed. You should probably try uncurling from the fetal position if you’re back can take it.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:The assembly districts are so ridiculously gerrymandered that Democrats get the majority of the votes, but the Republicans win two thirds of the seats.
It's like this throughout all of the nation
Actually it's not. Our neighbors in Iowa have a nonpartisan board that draws up their districts every 10 years, and they look like a collection of squares and rectangles. A district in Wisconsin more likely resembles something you might clean up with your mop.

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey wrote: Oversight of the Executive Branch is an responsibility of Congress, which has failed miserably under the current leadership.

Don't be surprised if Adam Schiff is a household name within the next few months.
Agreed. But the Dems have been looking and digging for all of the Trump time in office. The media has as well. What new info is out there that we haven't already heard about? Minus the smoking gun, there isn't anything that is going to take him down. But here's hoping the Racist Dems spend all their time on it.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote: Actually it's not. Our neighbors in Iowa have a nonpartisan board that draws up their districts every 10 years, and they look like a collection of squares and rectangles. A district in Wisconsin more likely resembles something you might clean up with your mop.
Michigan did pass a gerrymandering referendum (hopefully like Iowa's) last night. Which is good news.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:But the Dems have been looking and digging for all of the Trump time in office.
You are either hopelessly naive or incredibly stupid. Which is it?
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Kierland wrote:Image

It not just about numbers. Some seats got bluer.
The dumbest broad in politics— and that’s saying something.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Left Seater wrote:But the Dems have been looking and digging for all of the Trump time in office.
You are either hopelessly naive or incredibly stupid. Which is it?
No kidding. The Democrats had no say - absolute zero - in setting the agenda, calling witnesses, or any other function of the House Intelligence Committee under Devin Nunes, and no investigative authority.
Period. Full Stop.

Maybe LS was being sarcastic, otherwise he's really got his head up his ass.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

L45B wrote:
Kierland wrote:l4,
Project much? The topic— of your [/img]— is the only one I’ve addressed. You should probably try uncurling from the fetal position if you’re back can take it.
You said she was soon to do nothing. I asked how soon and you have yet to answer the question. I know you are dumb but it’s a pretty easy conversation to follow.