Warmist/Alarmists

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Warmist/Alarmists

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:That's a pretty cool map. It looks like there are some areas, not that far south of Mobile Bay, that are over 1000 fathoms (6,000 feet). Some areas pretty close to Pensacola that are 150 to 500 fathoms, which is 3,000 feet. I'm actually surprised how deep the Gulf is. According to Wikipedia the average depth in the Gulf is over 5,000 feet. Maybe that's one reason that hurricanes build up so quickly there.

When I asked "and you know this...how" what I meant was what do you actually know about how the waves build up. I know that when the depth gets shallow close to shore they get dampened pretty quickly but I've heard that in deep areas, and with 140 (or even 135) mph winds, the giant waves can kick up pretty quickly.
And that's why when waves come ashore they get bigger and bigger until they crash near the shoreline. This is basic stuff.

Muskie lakes up north that get 60-80 feet deep can get a little rough, but in the same conditions Lake Winnebago is much more dangerous (137,700 acres, average depth 15.5 feet, max depth 21 feet).
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

:?

Let me get this straight.

Five pages deep, and kristalnachters like Cucky, Screw_America, Weeland and Goebbels McThirdreich are still trying to hang a hurricane on weather.

Yet these are the same losers that turn themselves into pretzels trying to define unborn babies as something other than human life; and suggest gender to be how you happen to feel on a particular day. But right-thinking folks are science deniers? Ponderous.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

WTF are you babbling on about now?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

You do realize that hurricanes and weather are completely unrelated.
You do, don’t you?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Kierland wrote:WTF are you babbling on about now?
I think he said you are a midget troll piece of shit.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Tru-non-binary wrote:trying to define unborn babies as something other than human life;
Are we talking viable? And not potential?
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Snowflake wrote:And tell my little ankle-biter to fuck off. He's not important enough to even address anymore. Senility has taken it's toll on him.
Ultimate white flag. Beaten at your own game. And by "beaten" I mean totally annihilated and embarrassed.

Did you learn about waves today, Melty? :lol: :lol:

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Derron wrote:
And you are a government teet sucking gibbon.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Kierland wrote:
Derron wrote:
And you are a government teet sucking gibbon.
You missed the page in the playbook about conservatives sucking government teet you stupid sawed off moron....your stupidity is laughable if it was not so well....fucking stupid maybe.
Derron
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Fake news teet sucker.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Can we start a GoFundMe to scrape together a few bucks to get Midget Sale a pair of shoe lifts so he can ride the "big kid" attractions at DisneyLand?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

How is third grade?
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Cuckey wrote:You do realize that hurricanes and weather are completely unrelated.
You do, don’t you?
You do realize that hurricanes and "global warming" are completely unrelated.
You do don't you?
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Tru-non-binary wrote:trying to define unborn babies as something other than human life;
No, human. Potential life resides in your "wife's" ball sack. Let me know if you need help assimilating the biology.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Kierland wrote:Fake news teet sucker.
Make up your tiny mind which it is you fucking suck ass bitch.
Derron
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Truman wrote:
Cuckey wrote:You do realize that hurricanes and weather are completely unrelated.
You do, don’t you?
You do don't you?
You really are an ignorant ball sucking moron.
Aren’t you?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Truman wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
No, human. Potential life resides in your "wife's" ball sack. Let me know if you need help assimilating the biology.
Oh great. Another moron who expects to find male genitalia on a female. You and Screwball should get along famously.

LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

The very idea of denying Climate Change is so cowardly and sleazy that one must really hate oneself to indulge in it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46046067
Before God was, I am
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote: Come on in. The water's fine!!!

Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

That’s an interesting article, LTS, and has food for thought in it. However, it contains no new evidence that I would— if I were king for a day —hang my hat on economically. Just from game theory we can conclude that the information we have is fluid and always changing (just like the weather and climate!), so tying ourselves to a specific course of action that does not have empirical and beneficial results is foolish, much like betting your entire stake at the wheel in Vegas on red or black. The choices as presented are strictly binary: either reduce the carbon dioxide in our atmosphere or die. Even when it is not explicitly stated, like as in this article, the subtext is we have only those two choices.

Secondly, none of the catastrophe scenarios ever allow for human ingenuity to take place where a solution is devised in response to a growing problem, based on profit, the primary motivator in technological advances. Everything is framed in the context of limiting ourselves and our appetites, which speaks to a pessimistic view of our capabilities in finding answers to seemingly insurmountable problems.

Finally, based on the previous impending disasters facing us in the form of global cooling, overpopulation, a lack of fossil fuels, honeybees going extinct, the oceans dying, and now climate change (a catch-all phrase if there ever was one) it is an entirely reasonable attitude to not be duly concerned about that pesky wolf that boy keeps yelling about.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Mikey wrote:
Truman wrote:
You do, don’t you?
You do don't you?
You really are an ignorant ball sucking moron.
Aren’t you?
So you've got nothing. What a surprise.

We can't predict the weather accurately 10 days out, but you people believe we can significantly impact climate? The next time an Alarmist's prediction comes to fruition will be the first. Try again, Cuckles.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Truman wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: Are we talking viable? And not potential?
Oh great. Another moron who expects to find male genitalia on a female. You and Screwball should get along famously.
That's almost as bad as expecting to find an intelligent response in one of your posts. Please put the goal posts back when you're through diddling yourself with them. And then answer the question, Claire: Do you need help understanding simple biology?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Truman wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Oh great. Another moron who expects to find male genitalia on a female. You and Screwball should get along famously.
That's almost as bad as expecting to find an intelligent response in one of your posts. Please put the goal posts back when you're through diddling yourself with them. And then answer the question, Claire: Do you need help understanding simple biology?
I understand what viable means. I also understand that even with active bitch face Kavanaugh on the court, Roe vs. Wade is not going anywhere.

Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

AGWists pulling on their pigtails and talking in a little girl voice: “Math is hard!!

https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/07/glob ... ans-error/

Turns out, like always, those consensus forming geniuses, the global warming scientists made a mistake in their math when calculating formulas concerning the rate of oceans heating up. Uhh, yeah, about that— not so much heating is taking place, if any.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

So your conclusion from this is that the ocean isn't really warming?

I guess math really is hard.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

If I get the gist from your response, it is that minor things like incorrect and inaccurate mathematical conclusions are niggling details, unimportant in the larger context of the narrative that global warming is indeed occurring at the hand of man and we shouldn’t overly concern ourselves with irritatingly insignificant problems with math— which, surprisingly, is what the entire study is based on.

Huh.

How well did that argument work with your high school math teacher in algebra or geometry?
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Rooster wrote:If I get the gist from your response, it is that minor things like incorrect and inaccurate mathematical conclusions are niggling details, unimportant in the larger context of the narrative that global warming is indeed occurring at the hand of man and we shouldn’t overly concern ourselves with irritatingly insignificant problems with math— which, surprisingly, is what the entire study is based on.

Huh.

How well did that argument work with your high school math teacher in algebra or geometry?
That's not what I'm saying at all. These researchers apparently made a mathematical error on a recently published report (according to your climate denying source). If true, they should properly be called on it, but I haven't seen any response yet. Is the press supposed to do independent research to confirm the reported results of a presumably peer-reviewed study? I don't think that they are really qualified to do that, do you?

What I'm saying is that their research concluded that the rate of warming is greater than originally thought. Even if not true, that doesn't indicate that the original rate of warming is now in question, which is what you apparently gleaned from this.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Certainly it does. If the math involved came to the incorrect conclusion that the oceans are warming slower than what was expected, then the entire basis for the study is flawed. Allow me to expand on the geometry class example I used in my previous post. If your teacher asks you what the total sum of the angles of a triangle are and you respond, “176 degrees, ma’am,” she isn’t going to give you credit for having come within 4 degrees of the correct answer, she is instead going to fail you. Why? Because mathematics is a precise subject. It requires exactitude, not fudging. And if you use math to reach a conclusion, then the math needs to be right, not just in the ballpark. We’re talking about math here, not social justice concepts.

It is one of the beautiful things about math; unlike nearly every other topic there is no wiggle room for error.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Rooster wrote:It is one of the beautiful things about math; unlike nearly every other topic there is no wiggle room for error.
Meltspray weighs exactly 347 lbs. He doesn't need wiggle room, he needs jiggle room.