Bethune Cookman @ Nebraska - Call it

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Re: Bethune Cookman @ Nebraska - Call it

Post by Cornhusker »

88 wrote:On paper, this one should be epic.

The Wildcats (4-4) started the year off with a big loss at Tennessee State, then rebounded by kicking the dog shit (79-16) out of Virginia of Lynchburg. They followed up that epic win with an epic loss to Florida Atlantic. They took another one on the chin from Howard, and then got their feet back under them against Savannah State. The following week they caught their stride against Mississippi Valley State. They won a squeaker (28-26) against South Carolina State, but then got upended by North Carolina A&T State University. A couple of breaks here and there (and about 500 extra points), and they would be in the FCS hunt.

The Cormdogs have had a rough year so far. They lost an opportunity to pound the Akron Zips because it rained. They then lost at home to Colorado (but it was close). They then lost at home to Troy (again, it was close). They then went to Michigan and got butcher raped. It happens. After that, they lost at home again to Purdue, which is a team about which I will speak no shit. Seriously. They then went to Madison and got their stools pushed in by Bucky. The then went to Evanston and got the Northwestern treatment (it was close, God damn it - fucking overtime for Christ's sake). Last week, they asserted their prairie dominance by whipping the shit out of the Golden Gophers, who have yet to win in conference.

I cannot find an official line. If I was handicapping this cripple fight, I would favor the Corndogs by 15.5 at home. If the game was being played at a neutral site, the tickets would cost $2 each and you would probably get a free chalupa voucher printed on the back. Oh, and the line would probably be the same.

I will highlight the result of this game in a later post. And Bama fan, please check out Week 12. The Citadel (2-4) is coming for you and plans to shock the world...
Hmmm..I like the update...
This has the aroma of troll job...88..you are “spectacular”...but not so much as Jerry discovering Terri Hatcher’s ample bossum..
Hey ho..I’ll give you 25.5 points and dear ol’ Bethune Cookman, if you give me another qualifier in the CFB pick’em, verses my already qualified spot. 15.5...my friend, you aren’t paying attention..you may want to check with Jeff Brohm..
I believe he had a few more anxious moments in Lincoln, than when the “I’ll lie about anything coach to save my legacy” went to West Lafayette.
NU will definitley have to bring their “A” game this week...next week is the bye week...
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:Tua may take one snap. 1 TD...88 yards passing.
How is Alabama going to have the ball on their own 12?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

They took another one on the chin from Howard,
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

88 wrote:
Cornhusker wrote:Hmmm..I like the update...
This has the aroma of troll job...88..you are “spectacular”...but not so much as Jerry discovering Terri Hatcher’s ample bossum..
Hey ho..I’ll give you 25.5 points and dear ol’ Bethune Cookman, if you give me another qualifier in the CFB pick’em, verses my already qualified spot. 15.5...my friend, you aren’t paying attention..you may want to check with Jeff Brohm..
I believe he had a few more anxious moments in Lincoln, than when the “I’ll lie about anything coach to save my legacy” went to West Lafayette.
NU will definitely have to bring their “A” game this week...next week is the bye week...
I cannot pervert the sanctity of the CFB Pickem game by awarding post-season entries on the basis of covering imaginary spreads against FCS schools. And for what it's worth, I hope the differential is three times more than you predict. A 75-0 win would send a strong message to the rest of the FCS world that they should stay the fuck out of Lincoln in October (which was kind of my point of this thread in the first instance).

Yep, just stirrin the pot on the closet wager, I wouldn’t expect any exceptions to our beloved contest.
Just happy you started a thread about the Shuckers...doesn’t happen much up in this joint..as it shouldn’t..
We’re Lookin’ to the Future!
Frost won’t embarrass a team that filled in our bye week due to losing the opener because of weather. I expect a lot of players to get into the game, plus he needs to protect his thin team.
NU by 35.

Just for anyone that doesn’t know much about Nebraska, we have a true freshman QB, that realistically could be a Heisman candidate in two years barring injury, Adrian Martinez is :bode: in Frost’s offense, he has been amazing for a guy that didn’t play his senior year in HS. He has his freshman moments, but he more than makes up for them with his ability to make plays.

See ya next week 88...
GBR!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i like the optimism about adrian martinez but when when was the last time NU had a better than "good" qb? i would bet against him being a heisman choice but a pretty good btpcf qb.

zac taylor is my guess.....and he transferred from wake forest and ok state (his home state). so, he wasn't good enough to beat out the guys in winstom-salem or stillwater but good enough for bill callahan.

i liked that kid, went to my high school...made some good throws on 3rd down....but he is the last good qb the bugeaters had.

i think the huskers will need to wait and lose a lot until they know about scott frost.

the way he threw his players under the bus after the CU loss.....was piss poor.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Wait -- Bethune Cookman had an open date in October? How could we have possibly overlooked this?

Sin,
SEC
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:
I know...that likely was a date that an SEC team backed out of with the Ducks.

A&M, actually.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Decent show vs. Florida varsity state champs. That said.... I wonder two things: 1. can the 'skers get Frost his 1st year signature win against tOSU on the road (not likely)

or

2. Get bitch-slapped by an angry Buckeye team in their house,
trying to rebound from the ass-rape by Pur..fucking...Due and making a statement for the playoffs this year.

hmmm... well hopefully we beat Iowa

Myopia call- Nebraska 38 tOSU 24
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

I agree, 88. However... I don't see our roster depth or experience being able to handle what they will line up against this Saturday. Buckeyes could run the table starting this Saturday. That said... 21.5 point spread will drop as thousands of Husker fans/compulsive gamblers drop a ton of coin on that.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Hats off to Buckeye nation for their band's tribute to Tyler Butterfield... a Nebraska band member killed in a tragic accident. Very classy and reminds me of the kind gesture by OSU for Sam Foltz. Kinda hard to hate on them anymore. Congrats on the win and what a fun game to watch.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

TBDBITL always keeps it classy, which tends to balance out the bandwagon/idiot side of the fanbase.

Husker fans have a lot to look forward to, Frost will have you guys in the hunt before long. Buckeyes have stagnated this season. Need to pick it up or there could be two more losses left in November.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield