Week 5

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Week 5

Post by Mikey »

What happened to Captain Khaki’s vaunted defense?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Week 5

Post by Dinsdale »

Easy answer to that:

I picked them.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I’d like to see stats on network commercial time. Watching CFB on NBC is excruciating. tOSU - PSU started about 15 minutes later than Stanford - ND, and first quarters just ended at almost the same time.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The whiteout shit is actually pretty cool.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

That’s funny, Mikey. I feel like the ABC coverage has been 70% commercials so far.

In more news, Penn St is dominating despite only being up 6-0.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

ND had a DE go down in first qtr when Stanford was at 3rd and 2. No time out called and you could see him get up and start off the field before they cut to about 3 minutes of commercial. That seemed a little excessive to me.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:tOSU - PSU started about 15 minutes later than Stanford - ND, and first quarters just ended at almost the same time.
Do you follow football at all? Maybe look at the scores, and see if you can figure out why games don't all follow the same timeline. Dumbass.

GO BYU (not sure I've ever said that before about the filthy fucking Mormons)!

PSU vs tOSU... GO GIANT METEOR CRUSHING BOTH TEAMS!!!!!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Five scoring drives in the first half vs four. Sure it makes a difference but maybe not as much as you think. Possibly could depend on how they happened?

So what you’re saying is that the constant cutting to commercial isn’t really affecting the flow of either game. OK. Whatever.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

furd still sucks, and is embarrassing the PAC... like I've said before. Way overrated.

BYU is shitting the bed on the road... missed another field goal and keeping the fuskies in it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:So what you’re saying is that the constant cutting to commercial isn’t really affecting the flow of either game. OK. Whatever.
Really? I call you a "dumbass," and you decide to affirm it?

You DO realize they don't randomly "cut to commercial," right?

Think about what you said, then go to the corner and sulk.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The PAC12 South is a disaster.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:So what you’re saying is that the constant cutting to commercial isn’t really affecting the flow of either game. OK. Whatever.
You DO realize they don't randomly "cut to commercial," right?
No kidding? Wow you really know a lot about this stuff don’t you?
I’m actually really impressed.

Sort of goes to my original point, if you actually read the post. Do all the networks have the same “formula?” If anybody knows, certainly you should. So, what are the numbers?
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Dinsdale wrote:PSU vs tOSU... GO GIANT METEOR CRUSHING BOTH TEAMS!!!!!
I could understand that sentiment given what happened in bowl games in ‘95, ‘10 & ‘15. :shock:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Holy shitballz how did Ohio St win that fucking game? Getting their shit pushed in all night.

Thanks James Franklin for taking the ball out of McSorley’s hands on that last play. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Thank you thank you thank you.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Justin Herbert... good at football.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

L45B wrote:Holy shitballz how did Ohio St win that fucking game? Getting their shit pushed in all night.

Thanks James Franklin for taking the ball out of McSorley’s hands on that last play. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Thank you thank you thank you.
Yeah that last play was...ponderous.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:Justin Herbert... good at football.
Doubly impressive because he’s playing the best team in the country.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

FiatLux wrote:feCal still sucks, and is embarrassing the PAC... like I've said before. Way overrated.
ftfy

You're making a great 3rd quarter effort to take the Board Bitch title away from the jizzmopper, TIA.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

College football commercials, what you need to know.

Generally most games on the major networks (ABC, CBS, ESPN, FOX Sports, FS1, etc) all follow the same script for TV timeouts. These games have 7 TV breaks per half, and most of the time break down into 4 in the first and third quarters and 3 in the second and fourth quarters. Each of these breaks tends to be a total of 150 seconds. Two of these breaks per half will be 165 seconds, but those of you at home won't know the difference though because they come back to the sideline reporter for those additional 15 seconds. Those of us in the stadium will notice as we don't get to hear the sideline reporter stuff.

So anytime there is a stoppage in the 1st and 3rd quarters, you can plan on TV going to a commercial. Does it impact the flow of the game? Probably more so for the fans, than it does the players and coaches as they use that time to plan and teach. You just get your 3rd viewing of a insurance spot or another Dilly Dilly ad. In some stadiums the home school actually puts the time left in the break up on the scoreboard or monitors around the stadium. I know that Texas, Air Force, San Diego State, UNLV and New Mexico do it for sure. It sets an expectation for the fans and they can relax during the countdown.

Another annoyance to most fans is TV doesn't do many breaks during replay. This is because TV wants to talk all about it and they think more people are going to want to see the replays as well.

Anywho, that is a quick overview. It doesn't surprise me that TV went to commercial in the first quarter with a player down for injury. By the time that decision gets to the Referee, probably 15 seconds have elapsed and the player that was down may now be on his way to the bench. It happens quite a bit.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

ND games on NBC are known to be very, very long affairs. They have gotten better, but back in the day you could chalk up a good 4 hours for one of their games.

Any fuck, it was nice to see Notre Dame out physical a team that prides it's self on being extremely physical and has kicked ND's ass 6 of the last 8 years prior to Saturday. It's starting to become apparently clear that David Shaw was Harbaugh's secret sauce while coaching in college.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK