Blue Lives Matter

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Blue Lives Matter

Post by Screw_Michigan »

An off duty Dallas police officer committed a home invasion last week and blew away a 26 year old balck man in his own home. Yet of course the Dallas Police Department has been going through extraordinary effort to cover this up, creating different excuses by the day for why she did this and why she might not have been wrong.

Of course, they took three days to arrest her. They said at first she was confused, thought this was his own apartment. Then they floated the idea that he didn't listen to her commands, even though she was off duty. And who listens to home invaders anyway? The police affadavit was completely skewed to place as much blame on, wait for it, the victim and not the officer. What a surprise.

I can't wait for the usual suspects here to chime in with more excuses about how this was just an innocent mistake by a well-intentioned officer. I also look for excuses why the DPD aren't covering this up in any way.

Blue lives matter!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/10/us/d ... -jean.html

An off-duty Dallas police officer who fatally shot her neighbor in his apartment, claiming she mistook the unit for her own, told the authorities that the door was already ajar when she entered and that she shot him after he ignored verbal commands, according to court records released on Monday.

The officer, Amber R. Guyger, 30, who has been charged with manslaughter, could face additional charges in a case that has led to accusations that the officer received preferential treatment and debate about whether race may have played a role in the deadly encounter between a white police officer and a black man in his home.

On Monday, the Dallas County district attorney, Faith Johnson, insisted that the investigation into the death of the neighbor, Botham Shem Jean, 26, had not ended and that her office could seek charges “including anything from murder to manslaughter.”

“We’ll present a thorough case to the grand jury so that a right decision can be made,” Ms. Johnson said at a news conference.
Dallas has been gripped by rising tensions since Thursday night, when, the police said, Officer Guyger returned to her apartment complex after a shift in full uniform at about 10 p.m. and shot Mr. Jean in his home.

Officer Guyger, who lives in a unit directly underneath Mr. Jean’s, parked her car on the wrong floor of the parking garage and walked to what she thought was her apartment, according to an arrest warrant affidavit. She inserted her electronic key into the door, which was already ajar, according to the affidavit. Inside the dark apartment, she saw a “large silhouette” that she believed to be a burglar, the affidavit said.

She gave “verbal commands” before firing her weapon twice, striking him once in the chest, the authorities said. The affidavit did not detail the nature of the commands, or how much time passed before shots were fired.

While on the phone with 911, Officer Guyger turned on the lights and realized she was in the wrong apartment, according to the affidavit.
EDITORS’ PICKS

Steve Perry Walked Away From Journey. A Promise Finally Ended His Silence.

A Teacher Made a Hitler Joke in the Classroom. It Tore the School Apart.

Opinion
I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration
The authorities took a blood sample from Officer Guyger to test for drugs and alcohol, but the results have not been released.

Lee Merritt, a lawyer for Mr. Jean’s family, challenged several aspects of the officer’s account, including her claim that the door was ajar. He said witnesses had told the district attorney’s office that they heard banging on the door and a woman’s voice saying, “Let me in.”

Even if Officer Guyger did mistake the apartment — which has a distinctive red doormat outside — for her own, he said, there is no indication that Mr. Jean acted aggressively to make the officer fear for her life.

“It would be irresponsible to rely on this extremely bizarre, self-serving affidavit,” said Mr. Merritt, who has also questioned why the authorities did not immediately arrest Officer Guyger.

Questions about how the case was being handled only intensified after Officer Guyger was allowed to turn herself in to the authorities in Kaufman County, a mostly rural county southeast of Dallas, and be booked at a jail farther away.

“We don’t want it lost on anyone that, had this been a regular citizen, she would have never left the crime scene,” Mr. Merritt said.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Blue Lives Matter

Post by Left Seater »

Not surprised you are trying to put spin on this.

The officer has been arrested.
She has been charged with manslaughter.
The DA is going to allow the grand jury to review the case and see if further charges are warranted.
The investigation has been turned over to the Texas Rangers a State level force, not the baseball team.
Dallas PD is now out of the loop.
The family of the deceased stood next to the DA at the press conference.

So what exactly are you bitching about? Maybe your preferred “news” organizations are trying to spin this to some leftist extreme situation, but that just says something about those “news” organizations and the fact you seek them out for “news.”
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: So what exactly are you bitching about? Maybe your preferred “news” organizations are trying to spin this to some leftist extreme situation, but that just says something about those “news” organizations and the fact you seek them out for “news.”
Their reporting spins it as the officer made an innocent mistake. Like this whole nonsense about how he "didn't respond to her commands."
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

After a cursory search, I see you have never posted about Daniel Shaver. Why? That was the most blatant form of police execution you could possibly have, but nary a word from you. My guess is because Shaver is white, and you are only interested when black people are shot because you want to perpetuate this myth that blacks are systematically being targeted due to some form of inherent racism among police officers around the country.

Your shtick is tired.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:After a cursory search, I see you have never posted about Daniel Shaver. Why? That was the most blatant form of police execution you could possibly have, but nary a word from you. My guess is because Shaver is white, and you are only interested when black people are shot because you want to perpetuate this myth that blacks are systematically being targeted due to some form of inherent racism among police officers around the country.

Your shtick is tired.
It has nothing to do with race, you god forsaken moron, it has everything to do with out of control police with little accountability to anyone but themselves. But continue on with your pathetic white grievance. It fits you well.
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

There are over 18,000 Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies around the United States, and it is estimated that there are between 750,000 and 850,000 sworn officers. You complain about a handful of so-called questionable cases and claim the police in this country are "out of control."

Makes no sense.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Killian wrote:After a cursory search, I see you have never posted about Daniel Shaver. Why? That was the most blatant form of police execution you could possibly have, but nary a word from you. My guess is because Shaver is white, and you are only interested when black people are shot because you want to perpetuate this myth that blacks are systematically being targeted due to some form of inherent racism among police officers around the country.

Your shtick is tired.
It has nothing to do with race, you god forsaken moron, it has everything to do with out of control police with little accountability to anyone but themselves. But continue on with your pathetic white grievance. It fits you well.
You didn't answer my question. Why no mention of Daniel Shaver?

Also, your math skills suck. Out of control police? Get the fuck out of here. Quit clutching at your pearls and post some facts.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:the Dallas Police Department has been going through extraordinary effort to cover this up
Since we're discussing it here, they obviously did a poor job...idiot.

Too bad dude didn't have a gun handy. He might still be alive, poor bastard.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

I believe the manslaughter charge is not sufficient. If the roles had been reversed and the guy had illegally entered her apartment and then shot her, he’d be charged with homicide. That is the acid test of what the charges against her should be.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Rooster wrote:I believe the manslaughter charge is not sufficient. If the roles had been reversed and the guy had illegally entered her apartment and then shot her, he’d be charged with homicide. That is the acid test of what the charges against her should be.
It sounds like they're considering murder charges, but are getting their ducks in a row before an indictment. The manslaughter seems like a no-brainer for now.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Dinsdale wrote:
Rooster wrote:I believe the manslaughter charge is not sufficient. If the roles had been reversed and the guy had illegally entered her apartment and then shot her, he’d be charged with homicide. That is the acid test of what the charges against her should be.
It sounds like they're considering murder charges, but are getting their ducks in a row before an indictment. The manslaughter seems like a no-brainer for now.

The DA said as much.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Left Seater wrote: So what exactly are you bitching about? Maybe your preferred “news” organizations are trying to spin this to some leftist extreme situation, but that just says something about those “news” organizations and the fact you seek them out for “news.”
Their reporting spins it as the officer made an innocent mistake. Like this whole nonsense about how he "didn't respond to her commands."

Again, what does that say about their reporting? What does it say about you that you turn to them for “news?”
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Again, what does that say about their reporting? What does it say about you that you turn to them for “news?”
I should probably be turning to the Daily Caller, InfoWars and Fox.

Oh maybe that just means unlike you ignorant hacks I can determine poor reporting from good reporting.
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

My experience tells me that:

Good reporting = what one wants to hear

Bad reporting = what one doesn't want to hear

Formulas work for conservatives and libs alike
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Once again screwed is putting on a KYOA clinic.

Does anyone think this officer decided to break into a random back dudes apartment just so she could shoot her a niqqqqer?

No.

She made a horrible mistake. One she’ll have to live with forever.

What should be done?

She should never be in a job where she carries a gun again. The city of Dallas should write a big fukking check to the family of the victim. It won’t bring him back, but what else can they do?

This was not murder. It was a really, really fukked up accident. Some form of manslaughter is appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

Here's someone who agrees with Screwy:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... me/569950/
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

Doing the math:

From the pro-Screwy article I posted above, 900 cops are arrested each year for crimes.

We know there are about 850,000 officers in the country.

Therefore the percentage of cops who get in trouble is about 0.1%

Does 0.1% equal "out of control?"

Not to me.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

ML@Coyote wrote:Doing the math:

From the pro-Screwy article I posted above, 900 cops are arrested each year for crimes.

We know there are about 850,000 officers in the country.

Therefore the percentage of cops who get in trouble is about 0.1%

Does 0.1% equal "out of control?"

Not to me.

Of course not. But it doesn’t fit the liberal talking points so the site Screwy chooses to read left out some facts. This fits with Screwy’s first post as well where he wanted to nail a white out of control cop.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Left Seater wrote:This fits with Screwy’s first post as well where he wanted to nail a white out of control cop.
Screw_Michigan wrote: It has nothing to do with race, you god forsaken moron...
It didn't appear that Screwey was chasing some racial angle in his first post. You believe what you want to believe.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Marty, Screw said, "An off duty Dallas police officer committed a home invasion last week and blew away a 26 year old balck man in his own home."

By referring to the victim's ethnicity, the racism becomes implied.

If race doesn't matter here, why bring it up?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

He gets a little "enthusiastic" at times, in the service of social justice. I'm sure it was just incidental.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:Marty, Screw said, "An off duty Dallas police officer committed a home invasion last week and blew away a 26 year old balck man in his own home."

This. Screwy couldn’t even get one sentence in before introducing race.

Ask yourself, had the victim been a white gun loving GOP voter, would Screwy even posted anything on this.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Left Seater wrote:Ask yourself, had the victim been a white gun loving GOP voter, would Screwy even posted anything on this.
Hell no.

Doesn't fit the narrative that "progressives" need to keep alive to keep the negroes on the dem plantation.

Trouble is, they shamelessly overplaying it to the point that some balck folk are waking up.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Butkus didn't wear an earring.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Killian

Post by Killian »

Left Seater wrote:
Jay in Phoenix wrote:Marty, Screw said, "An off duty Dallas police officer committed a home invasion last week and blew away a 26 year old balck man in his own home."

This. Screwy couldn’t even get one sentence in before introducing race.

Ask yourself, had the victim been a white gun loving GOP voter, would Screwy even posted anything on this.
Hence his dodging and silence of my question about Shaver. That instance was this biggest overuse of force by a cop I've seen and it resulted in Shaver being blown away, but he was white so almost no media coverage and nothing from race baiters like Fredo.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:Hence his dodging and silence of my question about Shaver. That instance was this biggest overuse of force by a cop I've seen and it resulted in Shaver being blown away, but he was white so almost no media coverage and nothing from race baiters like Fredo.
Hmmm. There's quite a bit of difference between Shaver and Botham Jean, one being that the officer in Shaver's case was clearly an officer carrying out official duties. Shaver was warned many, many times. On the other hand, Jean was the victim of a home invasion who was executed during such invasion.

One thing that clearly stands out here---your white grievance is palpable. How did you get like this? Were you the victim of a violent crime at the hands of a minority?
Last edited by Screw_Michigan on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Ask yourself, had the victim been a white gun loving GOP voter, would Screwy even posted anything on this.
Can't prove a negative.

You're usually a pretty smart dude, so I'll excuse you for making such a stupid, stupid take.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Jesus Christ, are you really trying to justify the actions by the police in the Shaver case?

White grievance? Nailed me. :meds: Keep peddling your race bating divisiveness, Fredo. Your lack of self awareness is amazing.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

I haven’t heard anything regarding motive. It makes me wonder since they lived above/below each other if there was a beef between them for noise or cigarette smoke or something. It seems odd that she came into an apartment— her’s or his —guns blazing without first investigating.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Killian

Post by Killian »

Total, irresponsible speculation: She was intoxicated and she was trying to cover up that aspect.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Killian wrote:Total, irresponsible speculation: She was intoxicated and she was trying to cover up that aspect.
Has this been confirmed? Blood was drawn to check, but I haven’t seen it confirmed.
Killian

Post by Killian »

No clue, that was just my guess. She was drunk and/or high when this happened, hence all the different stories.
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

I'm guessing alcohol was the culprit. She's probably looking into rehab facilities now. She won't be alone with a crazy/tragic story to tell.

Of course, I'm only guessing. She could be a stone cold sober dummy.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Good to see Dallas police planted weed on the victim in an attempt to discredit him. Not that DPD is searing the home of the perpetrator.

This is why Colin Kaepernick kneels.
Killian

Post by Killian »

if you are really trying to be serious, this is when you lose all credibility. Planted weed? Highly unlikely. The fact the cops even went into that apartment with a search warrant is what you should be bitching about, and rightfully so. It doesn't matter if he was cooking crystal meth in that place, it was his home and he was gunned down in it.

I know this is hard for lefties, but focus on the facts. It'll get you a lot farther.
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Good to see Dallas police planted weed on the victim in an attempt to discredit him.
Actually, it went down like this: Trump got wind of an up and coming black man in Dallas who, by good fortune, lived directly below a Dallas PD officer's apartment. Being the racist that he is, Trump wanted the uppity negro snuffed. Trump then called his friend Putin, and Putin arranged for the Russian Mafia to meet with the Dallas Chief of Police. The Chief met with his female officer at an out of the way diner and explained the situation to her. The plan was to enter the man's apartment and pretend she thought it was her own, and to shoot him as an intruder who failed to follow commands. They would plant the weed in his apartment to make him seem like one of your typical irresponsible pot smoking blacks who would defy police commands. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and the female officer agreed to go along with the plan. Everything was going along just fine, and it looked like the female officer was going to get away with it, until the story was taken to the local Dallas press by a concerned neighbor who was inspired by Colin Kaepernick taking a knee to do the right thing. She said, "If I wasn't a football fan, I probably would have done nothing about this."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

ML@Coyote wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:Good to see Dallas police planted weed on the victim in an attempt to discredit him.
Actually, it went down like this: Trump got wind of an up and coming black man in Dallas who, by good fortune, lived directly below a Dallas PD officer's apartment. Being the racist that he is, Trump wanted the uppity negro snuffed. Trump then called his friend Putin, and Putin arranged for the Russian Mafia to meet with the Dallas Chief of Police. The Chief met with his female officer at an out of the way diner and explained the situation to her. The plan was to enter the man's apartment and pretend she thought it was her own, and to shoot him as an intruder who failed to follow commands. They would plant the weed in his apartment to make him seem like one of your typical irresponsible pot smoking blacks who would defy police commands. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and the female officer agreed to go along with the plan. Everything was going along just fine, and it looked like the female officer was going to get away with it, until the story was taken to the local Dallas press by a concerned neighbor who was inspired by Colin Kaepernick taking a knee to do the right thing. She said, "If I wasn't a football fan, I probably would have done nothing about this."
Holy shit!!!

I think you came up with the only plausible explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:if you are really trying to be serious, this is when you lose all credibility. Planted weed? Highly unlikely. The fact the cops even went into that apartment with a search warrant is what you should be bitching about, and rightfully so. It doesn't matter if he was cooking crystal meth in that place, it was his home and he was gunned down in it.

I know this is hard for lefties, but focus on the facts. It'll get you a lot farther.
Yes, we clearly agree that the cops went in with a search warrant in an attempt to discredit the victim.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Exactly. So why make shit up?