It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Nike/Kaps

Post by BSmack »

Papa Willie wrote:https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-guardian/

Factual Reporting: HIGH
Why are you kicking your own ass like that?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:

It's what he does. I'm so happy I gave him that link. :mrgreen:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Papa Willie wrote:
BSmack wrote:

LEFT-CENTER BIAS

Though they might be factual, that is to let you know you have to put your bias blinders on.
The problem is we're talking about the facts in the story and not whatever perceived bias you are imagining.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

I know nothing about Tillman, so I can't make a judgement. But I do know a story can be factually accurate and biased at the same time. This happens often with quotes taken out of context. Also happens when some facts are presented and others are omitted. This kind of reporting is done all the time for expediency. But it's also done to advocate opinions.

I
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Maybe his brother said it best.

https://youtu.be/yRNxiPVZ69Q

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

BSmack wrote:

ImageImageImage
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Good one, Melty. That's exactly as I pictured you once you realized that you had kicked your own fat ass. Again.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Nike needs to come out with a new line of shoes for kneelers. They already have running and walking shoes. Now they need to complete their product line with shoes for people who want to kneel. Maybe they'd have an upturned toe box so Cap doesn't get a foot cramp. Or maybe a grass stain resistant toe so as to avoid those unsightly smudges for when you just gotta take a knee.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

schmick wrote:So nike will continue to pay Asians, mostly children or women, 20 cents an hour to work 70-80 hours a week so that nike can make enough profit to pay this guy millions of dollars to speak out against injustice and opression....am I reading this correctly?
Not to mention no bathroom breaks for the sweat shop workers. Can't be taking pee breaks and slowing down the production line when you gotta pay a mediocre former quarterback millions.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Good one, Melty. That's exactly as I pictured you once you realized that you had kicked your own fat ass. Again.
You've never kicked anybody's ass, knigger boy. :lol:
In your case I don't have to. I just sit back and watch you take care of business. :mrgreen:

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

IKYABWAI. Brilliant, Lamespray.

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Great commercial, strange spokesperson.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Darren Rovell
@darrenrovell
Nike stock closes at $83.47, an all-time high for the company.
:bode: :bode: :bode: :bode: :bode: :bode:
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

ML@Coyote wrote:I know nothing about Tillman, so I can't make a judgement. But I do know a story can be factually accurate and biased at the same time. This happens often with quotes taken out of context. Also happens when some facts are presented and others are omitted. This kind of reporting is done all the time for expediency. But it's also done to advocate opinions.

I
ML, I can't claim to have "known" Pat Tillman, but I met him on a few occasions and had a chance to speak to him. What I can suggest, is that Tillman was not an "endorsement" kind of guy. He stood for American values and freedom and gave his life for his beliefs. He probably would have agreed with the CK protest, as it was peaceful, though he would have disagreed with the intent of any disrespect to the flag and anthem. That really isn't at the heart of Kaepernick's stance, but Tillman would likely not have approved of his likeness being used in the Nike ad, as the context may not have been entirely in line with Tillman's core values, especially since the whole thing is about endorsing a freaking shoe in the end. He could have cared less about that.

Last year, Tillman's widow issued in a statement saying that her husband and the many other Americans that have given their lives for this country, believed in "The very action of self expression and the freedom to speak from one's heart - no matter those views."

Pat Tillman was a very solid guy. His legacy will last a very long time. Nike's message is right, but the delivery is questionable.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Jay in Phoenix wrote: ML, I can't claim to have "known" Pat Tillman, but I met him on a few occasions and had a chance to speak to him. What I can suggest, is that Tillman was not an "endorsement" kind of guy. He stood for American values and freedom and gave his life for his beliefs. He probably would have agreed with the CK protest, as it was peaceful, though he would have disagreed with the intent of any disrespect to the flag and anthem. That really isn't at the heart of Kaepernick's stance, but Tillman would likely not have approved of his likeness being used in the Nike ad, as the context may not have been entirely in line with Tillman's core values, especially since the whole thing is about endorsing a freaking shoe in the end. He could have cared less about that.

Last year, Tillman's widow issued in a statement saying that her husband and the many other Americans that have given their lives for this country, believed in "The very action of self expression and the freedom to speak from one's heart - no matter those views."

Pat Tillman was a very solid guy. His legacy will last a very long time. Nike's message is right, but the delivery is questionable.
Rack you, Jay
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Papa Willie wrote:Why is it that a big company would risk the chance of alienating half their buyers? Unless, I guess they know the majority of their customers are liberal.

I had a pair of their shoes in 1979 and then in 1999. Both pair were shit and only lasted about a year. That was a good enough selling point for me.
They do have a max weight rating, ya know.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:ML, I can't claim to have "known" Pat Tillman, but I met him on a few occasions and had a chance to speak to him. What I can suggest, is that Tillman was not an "endorsement" kind of guy. He stood for American values and freedom and gave his life for his beliefs. He probably would have agreed with the CK protest, as it was peaceful, though he would have disagreed with the intent of any disrespect to the flag and anthem. That really isn't at the heart of Kaepernick's stance, but Tillman would likely not have approved of his likeness being used in the Nike ad, as the context may not have been entirely in line with Tillman's core values, especially since the whole thing is about endorsing a freaking shoe in the end. He could have cared less about that.

Perfectly said.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK