Trump/GOP bullshit

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Re: Trump/GOP bullshit

Post by Softball Bat »

Thomas Friedman has come up with a genius solution to the Trump problem.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/29/opin ... crats.html

Go vote this fall and vote -----> democrat!

!!

rotf...

Really?

I guess Friedman somehow forgot that people were sick to death of the democrats ruinous bullshit, and that's why they voted for Trump.

Duh!

Voting for Dims is our answer. :lol:

Nope.

Next idea...
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Softball Bat wrote:Thomas Friedman has come up with a genius solution to the Trump problem.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/29/opin ... crats.html
"Because what we’ve learned since 2016 is that the worst Democrat on the ballot for the House or Senate is preferable to the best Republican..."

Yeah...okay.

:meds:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

You are truly a buffoon, fatso. Much like your hero.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, an Iowa Republican, suggested Monday that the President should hire a new lawyer if his current one is telling him that he can pardon himself.

"If I were President of the United States and I had a lawyer that told me I could pardon myself, I think I would hire a new lawyer," Grassley told CNN when asked if he agrees that President Donald Trump could pardon himself.

Trump tweeted Monday that he had the "absolute right to pardon myself" but would not do so because he'd done nothing wrong.

"As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong? In the meantime, the never ending Witch Hunt, led by 13 very Angry and Conflicted Democrats (& others) continues into the mid-terms!" the President tweeted.

Trump's comments echo the stance that his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, has taken. Giuliani said Sunday on ABC's "This Week" that Trump "probably does" have such power to pardon himself, but won't.

In addition, Giuliani told HuffPost in an interview that the President's power extends so far that "in no case can he be subpoenaed or indicted."

"I don't know how you can indict while he's in office. No matter what it is," Giuliani said. "If he shot James Comey, he'd be impeached the next day," Giuliani said to HuffPost. "Impeach him, and then you can do whatever you want to do to him."

A decision by Trump to pardon himself — or even his close allies like former campaign chairman Paul Manafort — could raise constitutional questions for Congress, as some Democrats have said that such pardons or the firing of special counsel Robert Mueller could be grounds for impeachment.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote: "Impeach him, and then you can do whatever you want to do to him."
I doubt it.

If Trump can't pardon himself, what's he supposed to say when he sneezes?

SAD
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Again, tubby, what part of the story is not factual? It's not an opinion piece, it's a news story. The cholesterol seems to be clogging up your tiny little brain.

It's been covered by Reuters as well. I even saw mention of it on Faux News.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:He's too brainwashed to see the left spin.

It's okay, Goobs - I'm going to make sure to keep using YOUR MEDIA SITE to grade your stories. Don't you kind of wish you'd never posted that link? :lol: :doh:
Go ahead and point out any spin in that article. You can't because there isn't any. The only people quoted in the article are all Republicans. You are a right wing knee-jerk retard.
mediabiasfactcheck.com wrote:Factual Reporting: HIGH

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I haven't seen a KYOA like this since the last time Duhhron posted.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Can a president pardon himself?

It is an interesting question... for a classroom.

It's not something that a U.S. President should ever be speculating about on Twitter, however.

It is just another symptom of extreme illness.

#pathetic
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

88 wrote:Anyone who claims to know whether the Constitution permits the President to pardon himself/herself is full of shit. The issue has never been to the SCOTUS. As with everything political, there are two opposing opinions on the subject. The majority opinion appears to be that the President's pardon power under the Constitution is unlimited except in cases of impeachment, and that it thus permits the President to pardon himself/herself. But who knows or cares?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/commentary ... mself-yes/
It's pathetic we're even debating this.

What's even more pathetic is that you think it is even remotely acceptable for a president to pardon him or herself. Like the good little authoritarian you are.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:He's too brainwashed to see the left spin.

It's okay, Goobs - I'm going to make sure to keep using YOUR MEDIA SITE to grade your stories. Don't you kind of wish you'd never posted that link? :lol: :doh:
Go ahead and point out any spin in that article. You can't because there isn't any. The only people quoted in the article are all Republicans. You are a right wing knee-jerk retard.
mediabiasfactcheck.com wrote:Factual Reporting: HIGH
Why even read it? I'm merely pointing out that you're using links from left-biased SHIT, and I'm rubbing your little nose in the fact that YOU provided the site that rates your shit links. You won't stick the links up to your articles, because you KNOW you're getting your stories from biased shit.

You should NEVER have posted the link to that site, Goobs. Now you're just pissed off & melting - which is funny. :)
I'm not in any way melting. I'm just poking a fat fucking retard with a stick. And I don't regret in any way posting the link to mediabiasfactcheck.com

Can you actually read?

1. Huffington Post is rated as HIGH in factual reporting. (Faux News is rated as MIXED :lol: )

2. The above story includes quotes from Republicans. Only Republicans.

3. The same facts can be found on Reuters, the Associated Press, and many others.

4. You remain a fat fucking retard.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

But...but...but...Hillary!!...Obama!!...CNN!!...FAkE nEsw......AAAGGGGHAHAHDHHASGHHGAHSDGHD!!!
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I see Mikey has another dick in his mouth.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Joe in PB wrote:I see Mikey has another dick in his mouth.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Could you possibly be any more tedious or less original?

For most people I would think not but, for you, probably.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Phucking autocorrect strikes again.
How come it never autocorrects "phucking"?

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

More than a year after President Donald Trump won the election, there are still some questions about what drove him to victory: Was it genuine anxiety about the state of the economy? Or was it racism and racial resentment?

Over at the Washington Post, researchers Matthew Fowler, Vladimir Medenica, and Cathy Cohen have published the results of a new survey on these questions, with a focus on the 41 percent of white millennials who voted for Trump and the sense of “white vulnerability” that motivated them. The conclusion is very clear:

Contrary to what some have suggested, white millennial Trump voters were not in more economically precarious situations than non-Trump voters. Fully 86 percent of them reported being employed, a rate similar to non-Trump voters; and they were 14 percent less likely to be low income than white voters who did not support Trump. Employment and income were not significantly related to that sense of white vulnerability.

So what was? Racial resentment.

Even when controlling for partisanship, ideology, region and a host of other factors, white millennials fit Michael Tesler’s analysis, explored here. As he put it, economic anxiety isn’t driving racial resentment; rather, racial resentment is driving economic anxiety. We found, as he has in a larger population, that racial resentment is the biggest predictor of white vulnerability among white millennials. Economic variables like education, income and employment made a negligible difference.

The survey looked at millennials because they will be the largest share of the voting-eligible population in 2018, so they’re an important bellwether for future trends. (At the same time, most millennials backed Hillary Clinton in 2016, not Trump.)

To anyone who’s been following the research on this, the findings should come as little surprise. There have now been numerous studies that found support for Trump is closely linked to racial resentment, defined by Fowler, Medenica, and Cohen as “a moral feeling that blacks violate such traditional American values as individualism and self-reliance.”

This is crucial to understanding both Trump’s rise and how to overcome Trump. As a presidential candidate, Trump made all sorts of racist comments — suggesting that Mexican immigrants are criminals and rapists, proposing a ban on all Muslims entering the US, saying a US judge should recuse himself from a case simply because of his Mexican heritage, and deploying dog whistles about “law and order.”

As president, Trump equated a group of neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and white nationalists who descended onto Charlottesville, Virginia, with the anti-racism protesters who stood against bigotry. His administration has also pursued policies that will disproportionately hurt minority groups, including his travel ban, immigration restrictions, “tough on crime” policies, and potential voting restrictions.

The studies suggest that these kinds of comments and actions are not just incidental to Trump; they are at the core of his political success. If Democrats want to defeat him, they will need to overcome that racial resentment.

This is not a one-off finding. At this point, the evidence that Trump’s rise was driven by racism and racial resentment is fairly stacked.

One paper, published in January by political scientists Brian Schaffner, Matthew MacWilliams, and Tatishe Nteta, found that voters’ measures of sexism and racism correlated much more closely with support for Trump than economic dissatisfaction after controlling for factors like partisanship and political ideology.

Another study, conducted by researchers Brenda Major, Alison Blodorn, and Gregory Major Blascovich shortly before the election, found that if people who strongly identified as white were told that nonwhite groups will outnumber white people in 2042, they became more likely to support Trump.

And a study, published in November by researchers Matthew Luttig, Christopher Federico, and Howard Lavine, found that Trump supporters were much more likely to change their views on housing policy based on race. In this study, respondents were randomly assigned “a subtle image of either a black or a white man.” Then, they were asked about views on housing policy.

The researchers found that Trump supporters were much more likely to be impacted by the image of a black man. After the exposure, they were not only less supportive of housing assistance programs, but they also expressed higher levels of anger that some people receive government assistance and were more likely to say that individuals who receive assistance are to blame for their situation.

In contrast, favorability toward Hillary Clinton did not significantly change respondents’ views on any of these issues when primed with racial cues.

“These findings indicate that responses to the racial cue varied as a function of feelings about Donald Trump — but not feelings about Hillary Clinton — during the 2016 presidential election,” the researchers concluded.

There is also a lot of other research showing that people’s racial attitudes can change their views on politics and policy, as my colleague Dylan Matthews as well as researchers Sean McElwee and Jason McDaniel previously explained for Vox.

Simply put, racial attitudes were a big driver behind Trump’s election — just as they long have been for general beliefs about politics and policy.

At some point, you might start to wonder why journalists keep writing about the link between Trump’s support and bigoted beliefs. The election is over. Do we really need to analyze what happened over and over again?

The point, at least for me, is not to demonize Trump voters. The point is to understand them in order to better grasp what motivated them to vote for someone who ran a clearly bigoted campaign and who most voters agreed is unqualified for the nation’s highest office.

As Schaffner, MacWilliams, and Nteta wrote in their paper, there’s growing evidence that 2016 was unique — in that racism and sexism played a more powerful role than in recent presidential elections. “Specifically, we find no statistically significant relationship between either the racism or sexism scales and favorability ratings of either [previous Republican candidates] John McCain or Mitt Romney,” they wrote. “However, the pattern is quite strong for favorability ratings of Donald Trump.”

The concern, then, is that this is the beginning of a modern trend in which politicians like Trump directly and explicitly play to people’s prejudices to win elections — and it works. This is in many ways an outgrowth of the Southern Strategy and tactics that play into people’s racism, like dog whistles — only it’s more explicit in its bigotry.

If that’s really what’s happening, it’s important for anyone interested in limiting the power of bigotry in US politics to know and demonstrate what’s going on. Studies like this put a bigger imperative on getting to the root of the problem and figuring out ways to reduce people’s racial biases.

To this end, the research also shows it’s possible to reach out to Trump voters — even those who are racist today — in an empathetic way without condoning their prejudice. The evidence suggests, in fact, that the best way to weaken people’s racial or other biases is through frank, empathetic dialogue. (Much more on that in my in-depth piece on the research.) Given that, the strongest approach to really combating racism and racial resentment may be empathy.

One study, for example, found that canvassing people’s homes and having a 10-minute, nonconfrontational conversation about transgender rights — in which people’s lived experiences were relayed so they could understand how prejudice feels personally — managed to reduce voters’ anti-trans attitudes for at least three months. Perhaps a similar model could be adapted to reach out to people with racist, sexist, or other deplorable views, although this possibility needs more study.

But all of this involves a lot of legwork, outreach, and a kind of empathy that people may not be comfortable with in an era of highly polarized politics. Knowing what caused Trump’s win is crucial to gauging whether all of this work and effort is worth doing — and the growing body of evidence suggests that it truly is.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:Washington Post:

Factual Reporting: HIGH
Duly noted.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:Image
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

You're repeating yourself.
Come up with something new, or don't come up at all.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote:You're repeating yourself.
No shit, this is pathetic, even by shutyomouth standards.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Mikey wrote:You're repeating yourself.
It's his exercise program. 3 sets of 20.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Trump---what a pussy! Doesn't want to be lectured by legitimately elected heads of state from real democracies. No wonder Durhhon is such a fan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... e05790ea2d
In particular, the president said Tuesday to several advisers that he fears attending the Group of Seven summit in rural Charlevoix, Quebec, may not be a good use of his time because he is diametrically opposed on many key issues with his counterparts — and does not want to be lectured by them.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:legitimately elected heads of state from real democracies.
More trolling with those two blasts. Ignoring the fake news on the election, please explain why our democracy isn’t real.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Praise for Kim Jong Un reflects Trump’s growing regard for totalitarian leaders

No U.S. president has been as free in his admiration of authoritarians and absolute power as the 45th, historians say. And President Trump’s interest in them seems to be increasing as he becomes better acquainted with leaders such as Kim, Xi Jinping and Vladi­mir Putin.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 7c7ca1ea79

Not surprising, but totally acceptable for good little authoritarians like Suckaholic.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Governments are only as good as the people who run them. Take a good hard look at our own, corruption is rampant. instead of being governed by the people for the people, we now have government by the elite for corporations, and corporations care only about themselves. I've used China as an example before, 40-50 years ago they were viewed much like NK is today. Now they are the largest exporter to the US. Not an ideal government, but the situation is much better than it was. Ignoring Kim basically throws kindling on the fire, a fire that has may NK's starving. The NK people are for whatever Kim can do to alleviate the situation, including nuclear and missile testing, since most probably feel the West has abandoned them. The US in the past hoped that economic pressure (staving citizens) would generate civil war and a regime change. Unfortunately that very rarely happens.

Negotiations and or open channels of communication with foreign adversaries are never a bad thing.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Joe in PB wrote:Governments are only as good as the people who run them. Take a good hard look at our own, corruption is rampant. instead of being governed by the people for the people, we now have government by the elite for corporations, and corporations care only about themselves. I've used China as an example before, 40-50 years ago they were viewed much like NK is today. Now they are the largest exporter to the US. Not an ideal government, but the situation is much better than it was. Ignoring Kim basically throws kindling on the fire, a fire that has may NK's starving. The NK people are for whatever Kim can do to alleviate the situation, including nuclear and missile testing, since most probably feel the West has abandoned them. The US in the past hoped that economic pressure (staving citizens) would generate civil war and a regime change. Unfortunately that very rarely happens.

Negotiations and or open channels of communication with foreign adversaries are never a bad thing.
Fuck you're stupid.

TRUMP ADMIRES DICTATORS. HE WANTS TO BE A DICTATOR.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Unfortunately for you screwy, 1 + 1 = 100.

He's just not afraid to do what he thinks is best, and doesn't let the media dictate to him what his next move will be, like many other politicians do.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Donald is more obsessed with the media than any president in my lifetime.
Nobody is even close.

Drumpf puts himself and his own self-interests above all else, including the country.

You should know this.

If you don't, now would be a good time to have your -----> epiphany.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: If you don't, now would be a good time to have your -----> epiphany.
They're in complete denial over in my Manafort thread. They think he's bulletproof, it's insanity.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Softball Bat wrote: If you don't, now would be a good time to have your -----> epiphany.
They're in complete denial over in my Manafort thread. They think he's bulletproof, it's insanity.
Nice reach around to your boy there.

He is fucking bullet proof. Despite what you hand wringing bleeding pussy liberals think Trump is da man until the next election and will handily win reelection at which time you both hopefully hang yourselves from the closest shower rod, or at the least become a couple of babbling fools foaming at the mouth with your Trump sucks signs panhandling on the corner.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Derron, the FBI raided M. Cohen's office (which they would not have done if they didn't know that he has committed a crime(s)) and now have a treasure trove of fun information regarding Donald's sordid past.

Have you ever heard of the Sword of Damocles?

Google.

Have fun!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote:Derron, the FBI raided M. Cohen's office (which they would not have done if they didn't know that he has committed a crime(s)) and now have a treasure trove of fun information regarding Donald's sordid past.

Have you ever heard of the Sword of Damocles?

Google.

Have fun!
Not only is Cohen's arrest imminent, but he'll sing like a fucking canary due to no sense of loyalty to Trump. Nice story came out this weekend about how Trump has treated Cohen like shit for years, so Cohen isn't exactly going to fall on his sword for Trump.

How does that taste, you stupid motherfuckers?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

88 wrote:What information do you think Cohen has to give to Mueller? Seriously. Just go ahead and explain what specific information you expect Cohen to provide to Mueller.
The possibilities are endless!
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Based on how the FBI leaks everything they have on Trump, and we haven't heard anything, I'd say they don't have much yet.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Joe in PB wrote:Based on how the FBI leaks everything they have on Trump, and we haven't heard anything, I'd say they don't have much yet.
Keep telling yourself that.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Show me the beef, or STFU.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Joe in PB wrote:Based on how the FBI leaks everything they have on Trump, and we haven't heard anything, I'd say they don't have much yet.
The FBI isn't part of the Mueller investigation.

Tell me you knew that.

Plus, Mueller's team has been pretty much leak free up to this point, which is why you don't know what he might or might not have on Cohen. And if we already knew what information Mueller has on Cohen, then there wouldn't be much point in Mueller releasing it, would there?

Seriously, you guys are really twisting in the wind here and need to consider the logic of your posts before mashing the submit button.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

88 wrote:What information do you think Cohen has to give to Mueller? Seriously. Just go ahead and explain what specific information you expect Cohen to provide to Mueller.
I don't know, but can only speculate.

Among other things, I suspect we are going to see that there was tax evasion on the part of Donald.

We're just going to have to wait and see.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Trump's been laundering money for Russian oligarchs. Tell me you knew.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

88 wrote:Tax evasion? I’d call that a lock. But not through Cohen. He’s not a tax guy. He’s a real estate/contract/celebrity fixer.
None of us know for sure what all Cohen did for Donald.

Bottom Line: Donald has been shitting his pants in fear ever since Cohen's office was raided by the FBI.

You can take that to the bank.