How "Trump Trauma" Is Crippling the News Media

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

How "Trump Trauma" Is Crippling the News Media

Post by Joe in PB »

......Donald Trump is staking his presidency, as he did his election, on nothing less than destroying the credibility of the news media; and the media are determined to do the same to him. This is not just a feud or a fight or a battle. It is scorched-earth warfare in which only one side can achieve victory. To a stunning degree, the press is falling into the president's trap. The country's top news organizations have targeted Trump with an unprecedented barrage of negative stories, with some no longer making much attempt to hide their contempt. Some stories are legitimate, some are not, and others are generated by the president's own falsehoods and exaggerations. But the mainstream media, subconsciously at first, has lurched into the opposition camp and is appealing to an anti-Trump base of viewers and readers, failing to grasp how deeply it is distrusted by a wide swath of the country.

These are not easy words for me to write. I am a lifelong journalist with ink in my veins. And for all my criticism of the media's errors and excesses, I have always believed in the mission of aggressive reporting and holding politicians accountable.

But the past two years have radicalized me. I am increasingly troubled by how many of my colleagues have decided to abandon any semblance of fairness out of a conviction that they must save the country from Trump.......Every president gets pounded by the press. But no president has ever been subjected to the kind of relentless ridicule, caustic commentary and insulting invective that has been heaped on Trump. I have a name for this half-crazed compulsion to furiously attack one man. It's called Trump Trauma.....cont
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... mn-1077062
Last edited by Joe in PB on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Re: How "Trump Trauma" Is Crippling the News Media

Post by Softball Bat »

Crippling

:shock:
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

What I see is exactly what that article describes.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

fags in a dickhouse

88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Poor racist snowflake Joe in PB. You must need a safe space.

As to Trump---he deserves it.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Joe in PB wrote:What I see is exactly what that article describes.
Too bad you can’t think for yourself.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

A Fox news analyst is so very unhappy with the way the press treats Trump. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Look the media is nothing like it was, on either side. Newspaper readership has changed and most papers pull national and international stories from the wire. The actual writing is local stuff. Papers like the USA Today have gotten people used to story blurbs rather than full on turn the page stories.

TV news is all about the gotcha. We all now choose which flavor of crap we will digest our tv news in so it goes down just a bit easier. But when National TV news is inviting viewers to give their opinion on Facebooks or Twitter or even a poll, they have abandoned real news for advertising cash. What you losers think of the school shooting in Kentucky isn’t news.

My best friends Dad was a radio news man for KRLD in Dallas. He had a company car and would go out and report on the news as it happened. He didn’t give opinion and or spin or ask for your thoughts unless you were an eye witness. If he had he would have been fired. Today he can’t stand the news and says there isn’t a true unbiased network or newspaper left. He agrees that Trump gets more polarized coverage than did Obama, who got more polarized coverage than Bush, who got more polarized coverage than Clinton and on and on.

Hell look no further than our resident jizz mopped who claims Trump deserves the coverage he gets. No doubt his writing reflects that.

But at the end of the day we have ourselves to blame. If we didn’t watch CNN or Fox News they wouldn’t be in business.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

LS &PW are spot on.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Left Seater wrote:Look the media is nothing like it was, on either side.
Media didn't have sides until Fox came along and made up the trope about a left leaning media.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Poor racist snowflake Joe in PB.
So people who disagree with you or the Democratic party are racists? You throw that around like confetti on New Years. Weird considering you're one of the few on this board who has referred to another member as a ni99er.

Thanks for proving the articles point.

bigredretard
Elwood

Post by bigredretard »

What will these weak minded pinko pussies do when Trump is re-elected?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:No doubt his writing reflects that.
You would be wrong. You're supposed to be smart, try not to act so stupid.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Joe in PB wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:Poor racist snowflake Joe in PB.
So people who disagree with you or the Democratic party are racists? You throw that around like confetti on New Years. Weird considering you're one of the few on this board who has referred to another member as a ni99er.

Thanks for proving the articles point.

The Left, so casually throwing around the word “racist”, are the modern day version of the Southern antebellum plantation owner carelessly calling everyone with whom he dislikes or disagrees with a “mvscal.” Both terms are offensive, but in the presence of those who agree with them, the word slides off the listener like water off a duck’s back.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Rooster wrote: The Left, so casually throwing around the word “racist”, are the modern day version of the Southern antebellum plantation owner carelessly calling everyone with whom he dislikes or disagrees with a “mvscal.” Both terms are offensive, but in the presence of those who agree with them, the word slides off the listener like water off a duck’s back.
Yes, we know, racists like you and Joe are emboldened by our racist president.

What a time to be alive.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

^^^^
And there you have it: offensive people saying offensive things while not being cognizant of doing so— just like those who so easily let derogatory words towards others spill from their mouths in unconscious mimicry of slave owners. Nicely done, Screwy. You make a good illustration for my post.

On the other hand, being called a racist is much like a black being called a mvscal— meaningless in the volume of noise and appropriation by blacks themselves. By carelessly throwing the word around, you aptly demonstrate you are one yourself.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

^^ Agreed.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

BSmack wrote:
Left Seater wrote:Look the media is nothing like it was, on either side.
Media didn't have sides until Fox came along and made up the trope about a left leaning media.

So wrong, yet so predictable. My side didn’t do anything wrong until the other side started it. You sound like a four year old when caught fighting.

CNN was labeled the Clinton News Network going back as far as the 1991 election which Bill Clinton won. Fox News didn’t arrive until 1996 or 1997.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Left Seater wrote:No doubt his writing reflects that.
You would be wrong. You're supposed to be smart, try not to act so stupid.
Yeah, we all believe you set your opinion completely aside when you stop banging on your keyboard here and start banging on it for work.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

As if anyone needed more proof, but NBC news just did a live shot from a “ski resort” in N Korea. Holt claimed it was a thriving resort. Never mind all the guests were wearing the same ski outfit.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:Yeah, we all believe you set your opinion completely aside when you stop banging on your keyboard here and start banging on it for work.
I guess I was wrong--you really are as stupid IRL are you are on this board.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Rooster wrote:
The Left, so casually throwing around the word “racist”, are the modern day version of the Southern antebellum plantation owner carelessly calling everyone with whom he dislikes or disagrees with a “mvscal.” Both terms are offensive, but in the presence of those who agree with them, the word slides off the listener like water off a duck’s back.
Of course (you) racists don't think you're racists. Not one person at .net who post about nogs and how bad they are thinks they are a racist. So yes it's water off a racists back, but they (you) are still a racist.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Bush didn't get more polarizing coverage than Clinton. Bush got his dick sucked so hard by the media he started an unnecessary War because (almost) NOBODY did ANY reporting for many years after 911.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Left Seater wrote:Yeah, we all believe you set your opinion completely aside when you stop banging on your keyboard here and start banging on it for work.
I guess I was wrong--you really are as stupid IRL are you are on this board.

So says the guy trying to defend his lack of basic household appliances.

But outing yourself as trolling here, that’s cool.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: So says the guy trying to defend his lack of basic household appliances.

But outing yourself as trolling here, that’s cool.
I have plenty of basic household appliances, even a W/D. I just don't own them.

Try to keep up. Diego was right, you really are Left Behind.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Moving Sale wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Of course (you) racists don't think you're racists. Not one person at .net who post about nogs and how bad they are thinks they are a racist. So yes it's water off a racists back, but they (you) are still a racist.
And... there we have it again. As in Screwy’s take, thank you for so willingly demonstrating your own racism and bigotry. Nothing screams to the world that you have a very narrow world view than vomiting out the prejorative “racist” to any thing anybody says.

Peanut butter? Racist!
Dow Jones hit a new record high today. Racist!
I enjoy visiting Denver in the winter. Racist!
:meds:
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
American Airlines has a bunch of 777s that I use all the time. I don’t own any of them but I guess I can claim I have a 777 then using your logic.

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Re: How

Post by Derron »

Papa Willie wrote: I don't know if he's just trolling nowadays, or he just swallowed too much splooge since then.
Well, since he seems out of his mother fucking mind most days anymore and all he can do is hammer out Fuck Trump takes all day long something wasted his brain.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Rooster wrote:
And... there we have it again. As in Screwy’s take, thank you for so willingly demonstrating your own racism and bigotry. Nothing screams to the world that you have a very narrow world view than vomiting out the prejorative “racist” to any thing anybody says.

Peanut butter? Racist!
Dow Jones hit a new record high today. Racist!
I enjoy visiting Denver in the winter. Racist!
No, I provided a concrete example. If you participate in thread about how fucked up "nogs" are or you support those people that do, then you are a racist. YOU can provide cover for that kind of activity if you want, but just know that it makes you a racist.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:
American Airlines has a bunch of 777s that I use all the time. I don’t own any of them but I guess I can claim I have a 777 then using your logic.

Truth hurts

Rice is calling, it wants its degree back
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Left Seater wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:

Truth hurts
Cool.

Hey everyone I have multiple 777s and a couple 787s.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I fly with a (Mr.) Natural high.