Have you no decency, Mr. President?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

(CNN) — The President of the United States woke up this morning and decided to retweet three videos from the account of Jayda Fransen -- the deputy leader of Britain First: a far-right, ultranationalist, neo-fascist hate group.

Britain First organizes "Christian patrols" and "invades" mosques trying to intimidate those who attend religious services.

Fransen, the woman that Trump re-tweeted, was reportedly arrested in November for using "threatening, abusive or insulting words or behavior." She had already been convicted in November 2016 for abusing a Muslim woman wearing a hijab.

Trump gave her a platform -- spreading her hateful message to his 43 million followers.

The videos he retweeted paint Muslims as anti-Christian criminals who beat up white kids and break statues of the Virgin Mary. They are clearly aimed at demonizing Muslims, a religious minority that already faces a disproportionate number of hate crimes.

Let's be crystal clear about this: Trump's behavior is sick, disgusting and disqualifying. We are watching, in real time, the President of the United States using his power and platform to mainstream the vile ideologies of racist neo-fascism.

This isn't coming from the political fringe any more; it's coming from the political center of the United States: the Oval Office.

The answer, of course, is no -- he does not. But if we continue to accept these reckless, divisive outbursts as part of our normal political discourse, then we will have answered the question as to whether we have any decency left too. We will have failed yet another test.

Now, just as the neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer celebrated after Trump made his now infamous "many sides" comments after Charlottesville -- in which he said there were "very fine people" at a neo-Nazi rally that murdered a peaceful protester -- Trump's retweets have Britain First's racist following celebrating too.

In a year where we seem immune to being shocked by the sheer depravity of Trump's actions, this latest action must shock us.

First off, it's un-American. The First Amendment guarantees religious freedom. After all, the United States was founded by Pilgrims fleeing religious persecution.

Secondly, it's dangerous. During the 2016 campaign, as Trump attacked Muslims and called to ban them from entering the United States, hate crimes against Muslims rose by nearly 20%. That disturbing trend is more likely to continue after the President used his public office to suggest that Muslims are vicious anti-Christian criminal deviants.

Trump's actions also damage American security. When Trump vilifies Muslims, it damages our relationships with Muslim-majority nations -- who already are uneasy about Trump's previous rhetoric.

But it also does serious damage to America's power in the world by alienating allies and forcing them to turn away from Washington. Here in the UK, Britain First is correctly viewed by most as an extremist, racist hate group with no place in British politics. Shortly after Trump's tweets, at least one member of Parliament condemned Trump and said he was not welcome to visit.

The UK has long been America's closest ally, with Brits and Americans fighting and dying together to defeat fascism. Now, Britain is being forced to turn away from the United States in horror as the President promotes neo-fascist hate.

This isn't a drill. Nor is it not some curiosity to shrug at, or look on in disgust as we get on with our days. When are we going to stop this madness?

Congress must grow a spine. Checks and balances only work if people are courageous enough to stand up to a demagogue. A "Decency Caucus" -- those elected officials in both parties who believe in core American values and democratic norms -- should be formed to send a clear message to Trump. No legislation should be passed until he apologizes for promoting the hate-filled bile of a neo-fascist group and takes the tweets down.

Today is yet another low point in a presidency defined by its constant low points. Republicans and Democrats can agree to disagree on taxes, health-care policy or foreign affairs. But we must stand united in opposition to Trump's bigotry, his persecution of religious minorities and his constant attacks on the core values of American democracy.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
bigredretard
Elwood

Re: Have you no decency, Mr. President?

Post by bigredretard »

Trump 2020!
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Question on President Trump's retweets this morning: Does it matter if it's a fake video?

Sarah Huckleberry Sanders: "I'm not talking about the nature of the video. I think you're focusing on the wrong thing. The threat is real, and that's what the President is talking about."

Translation:
It doesn't matter that the President it a bald-faced liar. It's only the point he's lamely trying to make that matters.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

88 wrote:Post the videos Trump tweeted. I'm too lazy to look them up. But I'm curious. Are you mainly pissed about the editing or the casting, or is it just the genre?
They've been shown to be fake.

Apparently one of them is two Dutch kids fighting, no Muslims involved.
Another is an Egyptian killing another Egyptian in Egypt - during the uprisings there.

But obviously, they prove we need a beautiful wall.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

But then again,

What about Obama?
What about Hillary?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

88 wrote:
Mikey wrote:They've been shown to be fake.
Fake in what sense? Are they videos of actors faking to be Muslims committing bad acts against Christians or something like that? I haven't seen them. What is it about them that is fake?
Did you read my post?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

88 wrote:Yes. It doesn't begin to explain how the videos are fake. How is a video of two Dutch kids fighting fake? How is one Egyptian killing another fake?

Maybe what Trump said about them was fake or false or a lie. But I'm trying to figure out what is fake about the videos. Were they scripted or edited?
Go fuck yourself. Seriously.
OK the videos are probably "real." The context is fake. Our President is a shameless low life hate-monger. Figure it out for yourself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... b13e4662b9
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

88 wrote:Post the videos Trump tweeted. I'm too lazy to look them up. But I'm curious. Are you mainly pissed about the editing or the casting, or is it just the genre?
I think the problem is with the original source of the videos.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

So? Nothing to see here. You obviously need to get over your irrational unhinged hate for Trump.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

As absurdly incompetent--and cowardly--as Trump has conducted himself, the fact that he can offer support for anti-Muslim voices and movements in Europe shows that even a carnival barker/beauty pageant sponsor gets something right on occasion.
Before God was, I am
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

schmick wrote:Hard to believe that the left is still lying about the "good on both sides" remark. Trump said that there were good people on both sides....of the debate on the statues.... he didnt say that there were good people in the Nazi movement.
The good sides quote is a hallmark of white supremacists, you god damn imbecile.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Donald kicks his own ass quite frequently.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote: Maybe what Trump said about them was fake or false or a lie.
Maybe? Why bet the dog?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

schmick wrote: Only in libshits imaginations

Only to an ignorant, hateful asswipe like yourself.

kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

schmick wrote:It was obvious to anyone who wasnt dreaming up "orange cock" takes that our president was saying that there are good people on both sides of the debate on the Robert E Lee statues and whether or not they should be left up.
In that he would be wrong too.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

BSmack wrote:
schmick wrote:It was obvious to anyone who wasnt dreaming up "orange cock" takes that our president was saying that there are good people on both sides of the debate on the Robert E Lee statues and whether or not they should be left up.
In that he would be wrong too.
Interesting you would call African American civil rights activists like Andrew Young bad. He doesn’t support tearing down Lee statues. Surprised you and Schmick feel the same on these folks. I need to update my spreadsheet.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.