Gawd, I Miss Joe Kines!

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Gawd, I Miss Joe Kines!

Post by Dinsdale »

Not really on topic, but I saw that one Charles Kelly "had no interest" in the Bama OC job. Probably a good thing, since even Bryant-Denny isn't big enough to hold both he and Saban's heads at the same time.

I've also heard Helfrich's name tossed around. That would be a good hire. As OC under Kelly, he was mostly tasked with running The Blur offense, but he was quite flexible, actually. Once he had more leeway, he had no problem lining up tight and jamming it down the D's throat. I think he'd do well with all of Bama's talent... just don't promote him to HC when Saban retires -- I've seen that movie, and it has a sad ending.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i always liked hearing a radio basketball game with Wimp Sanderson (morphing the topic to good ol' boy former Bama coaches in general). sometimes, week of the conference championships or first weekend of the NCAA you'd catch him as analyst on Westwood One or something.

Wimp's comments were almost always a team should play more physical and make the other guy know that coming into the lane meant a price. "i hate to say any foul is a good foul....".

he was hilarious, fun to listen to.

on the by and by, CM Newton was at how many SEC schools? UK, Vandy, and Bama? he was the HC for Vandy hoops for a bit when i was there...but even then he was 1000 years old, maybe the AD later?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Gawd, I Miss Joe Pyne!

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim