The checks Ped State

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: The checks Ped State

Post by Mikey »

Best bowl game of the season, though, by far.

And I doubt next Monday will come close.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Those same refs that called back to back DPI on USC's tying TD drive?

Schmick is prolly complaining about the Targeting call which was the correct call. But he refuses to understand that rule.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Both of those DPIs were correct calls. The targeting, while unintentional and unfortunate, was also correct.

To be honest, the OPI flag that they picked up on the PSU TD was pretty impressive. Seems to me it would be very hard for any one official to see all of the relevant motions and positions on that play in real time. I thought the network talking heads did a good job explaining it, using the superimposed LOS. Even then it took me 5 or 10 minutes to explain to the wife first, what an illegal pick is and second, why that wasn't. Nice teamwork and use of review by the officials.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Good summary. It is impossible for someone to see it all. That is why officials have to communicate. The best crews do it seamlessly.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

The targeting rule is fine. Players need to stop trying to "punish" on each hit and there is no issue.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

as i was watching that game, i would have gone for two no question if i'm USC when i score the TD with 1:40 left or whatever. basically at home, QB is on fire. Darold looks at the sidelines....like he's waiting for it. it's the Rose Bowl.....which is a big deal to the teams involved.....go for the win. the dagger. boom boom. PSU was on it's heels. glory is bigger than a bowl loss. it's asymmetrical.

Helton must have known McSorley was going to wet the bed...a couple bad throws i remember...get that INT and the return.

then again, i'm a guy with 8800 posts on the BTPCF board. PSU was still on it's heels.

hard not to like Darnold.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"