O'Chang Comics

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

O'Chang Comics

Post by smackaholic »

A buddy of mine from Maine sent me a YT link for this....

If you've never been to Maine, you might find it mildly funny. If you've spent much time there at all, you'll "get it" and piss yourself laughing, as this is a pretty accurate depiction of many Mainers.

There are a number of other short cartoons, but these are the best.

If you haven't been to Maine, you really should go. It is a beautiful place chock full of characters.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Re: O'Chang Comics

Post by Innocent Bystander »

That's Wolf's neck of the woods, right? So what makes Mainers... Mainers?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Wolfie's the closest thing we have to a Mainer as he went to school at U of Maine. I suppose I am the next closest, geographically, seeing as I believe all of our chowds have gotten a life moved on to other endeavours.

As for what makes them Mainers? Don't know. Probably has to do with the fact that the majority of them come from lumberjack/fisherman backgrounds. And those are two rough crowds where pussies won't cut it.

If I stay in the U&R much longer, I will likely move to either NH or Maine. I like Maine better, but its government has been mucked up by all the massholes that moved up there. NH has a much better state government, although the massholes are taking their toll there as well.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I just got to Maine this year. Of course I spend most of my time on Mount Desert Island which is as about as close as New York gets to being Maine. I did get up to a town called Lubec. It looks like it probably was a hopping town back when the Cod were running. That's where I had my Maine lobster dinner. Not the worst way to bring in my 50th year.

Sent from my plush penthouse suite in Screw Michigan's dome. It's in the District.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mount Desert Island aka Acadia National Park is IMO, the most beautiful spot on the right coast. Looks like it could be Norcal or Oregon coast.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Stylistically, it resembles South Park. They must have gone to the Parker-Stone School of Cartoon Design.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Yes, very southparky. I suspect this has to do with using similar software. I saw an interview with the creators. Atom does the writing and lots of the voices and Hanji, who judging by her accent is his asian OL, does the animation. I have always thought that a southpark type of cartoon based in Maine would be a cool idea. Mainers have way more character than Coloradans, or most others for that matter.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:Mount Desert Island aka Acadia National Park is IMO, the most beautiful spot on the right coast. Looks like it could be Norcal or Oregon coast.
I concur.

Sent from my plush penthouse suite in Screw Michigan's dome. It's in the District.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I'm not from Maine. I went to college there, University of Maine in Orono, for my BS, even played football for a couple of seasons. Acadia Nat. Park is a cool place. There is even a small stretch of sandy beach if you're into taking a polar bear dip. Hitting up Mount Cadillac for a sunrise is awesome.For a good part of the year, it's the first place in the US where the sun shines.
Go Black Bears.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Sandy Beach was cool. Too cool for a dip when I was there. I didn't do sunrise at Cadillac,but we did do sunset. It was pretty good.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown