Is Goodell really that fukking stupid?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Is Goodell really that fukking stupid?

Post by smackaholic »

Just saw a bit on the news where Goodell has said he is going to do something about the cratering ratings.

Fewer commercial breaks. Do something to speed up the game. Yeah, that's it, the game ain't fast enough.

:meds:

Did you bother to pay any attention to the election this weak, you fuking moron?

All those rust belt life long democrat union thug losers went down and pulled the R lever for the first time ever. They did this because they are fukking pissed off. They are pissed off for a number of reasons. One of the top 5 reasons is they're tired of being called racist pieces of shit. And when they turn on the TV on Sunday afternoon like they have for their entire lives and they see a fukking POS failed QB that makes 8 figures a year call them racist once again, they say fuggit and turn it off.

This group has been the center of the NFL fanbase for as long as there's been a fanbase. They have had the kind of fanatical loyalty that makes Islamic fundy shitstain's fanaticism look like a casual Braves fan. But there is a limit to this loyalty and that fukking idiot has found it with his pandering to Caperdick and his copycats.

Maybe they need to just write off pissed off blue collar loser. Go all in with the BLM and urban up the game as much as possible. Stop penalizing endzone partying. Hell, promote it. Hire choreographers to sit behind the end zone and judge celebrations for extra points.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Is Goodell really that fukking stupid?

Post by BSmack »

Yeah the first time ever those pissed-off midwesterners ever voted Republican. Ever hear of Ronald Fucking Reagan? He did a pretty good job of appealing to closeted Midwestern bigots. Then he paid them back by launching NAFTA negotiations.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

smackaholic wrote: the election this weak, you fuking moron?
How do you even blame this on auto-correct?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

R-Jack wrote:
smackaholic wrote: the election this weak, you fuking moron?
How do you even blame this on auto-correct?
Uhhhhhhhhhh, because my auto-correct is particularly dumb and he wasn't wearing his glasses at the time? :oops:
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Smackaholic treats the English language like he treats his house.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I recently switched from AT&T U-verse to Direct TV - AT&T bought out Direct TV so now there's a satellite dish mounted on my roof.

Anyways, I got the NFL package for one year free. I can watch any of the 6-8 early games.

There's one channel that has a window for each game that's on at that time. Usually, at least 4 of 6 or 5 of 8 are in commercial breaks at any given moment. Not once have I seen every live game in action at the same time.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

The core problem is that sports fans want escapism, not politics. By ignoring that fact Goodell is continuing on the course that he set out on when he failed to stop the protests. As a private enterprise it would have been a simple thing to demand and expect his "employees" to behave within the guidelines the NFL set forth and that failure to do so would result in fines, suspensions, etc, etc.

This business of mixing politics into every aspect of life is what is causing the NFL fan to stop watching. Add to that the ever-increasing commercialization of the product and its' subseqent ubiquitiousness (Thursday, Sunday, and Monday games) dilutes an otherwise popular and nearly unsinkable enterprise. Mark Cuban said it best: "Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered."
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Trump got 300k more votes than loon in an America with 20mil more people.
So he got a lower percentage than a senile old man.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Apparently he really is that fukking stupid.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... /93611624/

what a fukking douchebag.

I predict he won't last the season. The owners ought to be tiring of his act.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

KC Scott wrote:Just watched best game of the year - pretty sure the ratings tonight wont suck
BUT BUT BUT I thought nogs nogging it up was ruining the NFL?

All three PM games today went down to the wire and in the end that is all that matters.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
KC Scott wrote:Just watched best game of the year - pretty sure the ratings tonight wont suck
BUT BUT BUT I thought nogs nogging it up was ruining the NFL?

All three PM games today went down to the wire and in the end that is all that matters.
Nogs, nogging it up has been around since at least the 70s. Nobody gives a shit about that. It is a combination of Kaperdick and his antics and the general pussification of the league