Bonamassa

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Bonamassa

Post by BSmack »

I usually like Bonamassa. But this is meh. He should have had Beth Hart sing this version with him.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I had never heard of Bonamassa until a few years ago when I saw the Albert Hall performance on cable TV, and was blown away.

The wife and I went to see him at the Civic Theater San Diego a few months later when he was touring with Black Country Communion. I didn't do my research, and was expecting a virtuoso blues performance, which is not what we got. We (my wife especially) are not really in to metal. It might have been a good performance but they had it turned up so loud you couldn't hear anything but noise. No matter how awesome Glenn Hughes is, as far as I'm concerned he sucks donkey dick. We left about three or four songs into the show and went out to dinner.

I'd still like to see him with playing with a blues band. I saw a video from Red Rocks on the Three Kings tour and it was great. Thing is, every time he plays around here the tickets are in the $150 range and up and I have better things to spend my money on. Very few performers I would spend that kind of cayshe on and Joe is not one of them.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Bonamassa's new release is Blue's of Desperation, he'll be playing blues on this tour. He's at Balboa Theater on Dec 14th. Orchestra seats $450+, Balcony $125. I'll be up in the balcony. :)

Checking out the Rides there on June 1st, orchestra seats a bargain, $87+.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Joe in PB wrote:Bonamassa's new release is Blue's of Desperation, he'll be playing blues on this tour. He's at Balboa Theater on Dec 14th. Orchestra seats $450+, Balcony $125. I'll be up in the balcony. :)

Checking out the Rides there on June 1st, orchestra seats a bargain, $87+.
Those should both be great shows. I was seriously thinking about the Rides, but I've already got too much on my plate for the next few months. Besides jazz and rock, we bought a five show season package for the LA Phil at the Disney Hall with shows ranging from September until next April. Going to see La Boheme up there in a couple of weeks. The wife is a big opera fan. Me -- sort of. I can usually stay awake for Mozart and the Italian guys, but Wagner puts me right to sleep.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote: I've already got too much on my plate for the next few months.
You've had too much on your plate for years. That's why you're so fat.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Plate?
What does that have to do with eating?
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I haven't see Bonamassa before and really enjoyed his live cds from Royal Albert Hall, so I took the plunge. Something I forgot to mention was most of the tickets for his show were sold out, and he doesn't play for another 7 months.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Not sure how this went from a Bonamassa thread to Glen Huges.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I noticed this recording on Amazon:

Joe Bonamassa Live at the Greek
Celebrated blues rock master Joe Bonamassa delivers a musical tribute to The Three Kings Of the Blues (Albert, Freddie and B.B.) at the legendary Greek Theatre - filmed in August 2015. Bonamassa is backed by a stellar band of blues musicians including Anton Fig (drums), Michael Rhodes (bass), Reese Wynans (Keys), Lee Thornburg (trumpet), Paulie Cerra (saxophone), Ron Dziubla (saxophone), Kirk Fletcher (Guitar), Mahalia Barnes, Jade MaCrae and Juanita Tippins (Vocals). PBS will air in over 50 markets. US fall tour dates 11/15-12/17 followed by a Spring tour which starts in Feb 2017.
Looks like the show he'll be doing in December.