Notre Dame to join Big 10!!!

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Notre Dame to join Big 10!!!

Post by Goober McTuber »

For hockey. :mrgreen:
Notre Dame is preparing to leave Hockey East for the Big Ten in the 2017-18 season, sources told USCHO on Tuesday.

The school joined Hockey East three seasons ago in the massive conference realignment for western schools.

That coincided with the formation of the Big Ten, which has been at six teams but is poised to add a seventh.

Big Ten coaches and administrators have long said that a six-team league wasn’t ideal and have mentioned a goal of expanding. No Big Ten schools have seemed to be imminently considering adding a varsity men’s hockey program, however.

The Big Ten has had a policy of not inviting affiliate members for single sports but recently added Johns Hopkins for men’s lacrosse.

“That was the first time ever that we had entered into an affiliate membership agreement with a single sport,” Big Ten deputy commissioner Brad Traviolia told USCHO in February. “Affiliate membership for hockey is an option. I wouldn’t say it’s the only option or it’s the inevitable option, but it’s something that the conference is willing to consider since we’ve somewhat opened that door with lacrosse.”

On Tuesday, Traviolia told the Star Tribune that the addition of Notre Dame would help the league become more competitive nationally.

For the second straight season, only one Big Ten team is in the 16-team NCAA tournament, and the league ranked fourth of six in Division I men’s hockey with a .500 combined nonconference record.

“We felt that affiliation membership is a mutually beneficial way to grow Big Ten hockey,” Traviolia told the Star Tribune. “… We’re going to be better off as a hockey conference for it.”

On Friday, Notre Dame will play former CCHA and future Big Ten foe Michigan in the first round of the NCAA tournament in the Midwest Regional in Cincinnati.

Playing those kinds of old foes on a more regular basis has sparked enthusiasm for the move at Notre Dame, senior associate athletic director Tom Nevala told the Star Tribune.

“There is great excitement because we’re renewing the rivalries that we cherish, and it will be great to go to those campuses on a regular basis,” he told the newspaper.

Also, sources confirmed that travel within the league was a major decision point for Notre Dame. In Hockey East, the Irish have to travel a much greater total distance over the length of the season than any other school.

The move will at least temporarily leave Hockey East with 11 schools; it had been at 10 until 2013, when Notre Dame joined after leaving the dissolving CCHA. Connecticut left Atlantic Hockey to make it a 12-team league in 2014.

The last major conference realignment started in 2010 when Penn State announced it planned to add men’s and women’s hockey programs with a donation from Terry and Kim Pegula. That made it six Big Ten schools sponsoring men’s hockey teams, the minimum number for the league to support the sport.

After a year playing as an independent, Penn State joined the newly formed Big Ten hockey league in 2013, bringing Minnesota and Wisconsin from the WCHA and Michigan, Michigan State and Penn State from the CCHA.

That same year, Notre Dame broke for Hockey East, while some schools from the WCHA and CCHA formed the NCHC.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Notre Dame to join Big 10!!!

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Another team to finish ahead of Wisky in both wins and attendance.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Isn't there a forum for this "sport?"
Get fucked
Just do it

Post by Get fucked »

Goober McTuber wrote:For hockey. :mrgreen:

So what?

Get fucked.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Another team to finish ahead of Wisky in both wins and attendance.
This.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Another team to finish ahead of Wisky in both wins and attendance.
You say that as if it were some kind of accomplishment.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Papa Willie wrote:So ACC in basketball, sort of ACC in football, Big 10 in hockey.

Pac 12 in Lacrosse?

That's too much information for Goobs...especially around nap time...

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

If you ain't SEC, you ain't shit.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Papa Willie wrote:So ACC in basketball, sort of ACC in football, Big 10 in hockey.

Pac 12 in Lacrosse?
You would think ND would be playing ACC Lax. You know, because they are.

http://www.theacc.com/standings/#/m-lacros/2015
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

This strange hybrid I guess allows the old guard at ND to keep saying we are independent. To the younger crowd they see themselves as part of a conference.

David Robinson's kid is a WR for ND. He summed up the feelings of current players in a local interview here in SA before the bowls by saying something along the lines of he has no idea why they aren't fully in the ACC and he wishes they were since that would be another opportunity for a trophy and a ring.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: David Robinson's kid is a WR for ND. He summed up the feelings of current players in a local interview here in SA before the bowls by saying something along the lines of he has no idea why they aren't fully in the ACC and he wishes they were since that would be another opportunity for a trophy and a ring.
He's right. But just like why the Big 14 wanted their own hockey league: ND staying "independent" allows them to not have to share their football TV deal. It's that simple. I have a feeling the ND hockey coach isn't too excited as about joining the Big 14 because it's a poor conference from a competition perspective.

Good for the Admiral's son for speaking the truth.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:

Pac 12 in Lacrosse?

That's too much information for Goobs...especially around nap time...
Why would I give a rat's ass about Notre Dame's other sports, you stupid Canuck.

The B1G includes Johns Hopkins for lacrosse, BTW.

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Then why start a ND hockey thread, you underwear-over-your-pants-wearing fucktard?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:Then why start a ND hockey thread, you underwear-over-your-pants-wearing fucktard?
Underwear over his head.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

No underwear ever.