Stupor Bowl Thread

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Re: Stupor Bowl Thread

Post by Felix »

Bucmonkey wrote:God damn...are any of you grunts ever happy...ever?
kin A dude, you know how much I love the Broncos
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

KC Scott wrote:Probably staged but worth watching anyway

Barfly did NOT take that well.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Papa Willie wrote:I probably watched about 7-8 Panther games this year, and I can't even begin to stress how fucking awful they played as compared to the other games I saw. Not excusing Cam, but I can say after a game like that where my team had just constantly butt-fucked itself in the mouth - that I wouldn't have been in a good mood at all. Then hearing a guy on the other side of the curtain talking shit? Nah. Fuck - Cam probably handled that better than I would have...
Thing is, Harris was right. The Broncos dared Newton to beat them and he backed away from the challenge. Can you imagine of the Broncos had offered up man coverage on Tom Brady all day? He would have shredded them. It was up to Newton to recognize the coverage and make Denver pay for leaving their CBs on an island. Shit, there were times when I thought I was watching a B1G game when Carolina would send Stewart right into 9 man fronts. And then when it came time for Newton to throw, he was playing right into Denver's hand by taking 5 and 7 step drops and throwing mostly deep and mid-range passes. There is a reason the Steelers hung 34 points on the Broncos and the Panthers were held to 10. Ben was able to adjust, Cam can't.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Papa Willie wrote:
smackaholic wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:That was one of the most boring fucking SB's I've ever seen. Think about that.
It was an ugly train wreck of a stupor bowl, but, it wasn't boring, till the last 3 minutes.

I say that, because Denver seriously should have won that game by at least 5-6 TD's. Cackalacky gave them more gift-wrapped presents than they knew what to do with.

I'm not sure I've seen a team shoot themselves in the foot as much as Carolina did in that game. I still think Denver's a great team, but it wasn't at all their best game of the year, either...
Yeah, a 30 year old Peyton would have hung 45 points on them with that many presents. He really does need to shut it down.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Papa Willie wrote:You know - one of the oddest/dumbest things about the game was? When a DL is eating your OL for lunch, what's one of the first things you do? If you have a mobile QB, you start rolling his ass out of the pocket! They did it a little on their TD drive, and NEVER did it again. Absolutely stupid. I wonder if Shula had a stroke, but if you've got a 4.5 QB, you let that motherfucker roll out, or run like a motherfucker.
Or you try that retarded delayed handoff that tricked the Donkey D, approximately zero fukking times.

In Cams defense, it might have helped if his receivers caught the occasional ball that was thrown right at them.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

KC Scott wrote:Probably staged but worth watching anyway

How the fukk does gramps get all the way through without dropping the N-bomb?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

KC Scott wrote:FYI - any of you enjoying Cams loss are racist

Sin,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a fukking tool.

First off, Cackalacky is Confederacy territory. Denver...well, not sure Denver had been invented yet, but, I suspect whatever territory it was part of, was Union.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Sin,

Pray for him.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

I'd love him to say the Confederacy won to Von Miller's face.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

At least he remembered to capitalize White.

He knows his role.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

smackaholic wrote:

Sin,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a fukking tool.

First off, Cackalacky is Confederacy territory. Denver...well, not sure Denver had been invented yet, but, I suspect whatever territory it was part of, was Union.
At least part of what is now CO was originally in Teehas or Tejas. Not sure if Denver was included in that or not.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote:

At least part of what is now CO was originally in Teehas or Tejas. Not sure if Denver was included in that or not.
Wrong (Google is your friend).

The Colorado Territory was officially organized by Act of Congress on February 28, 1861, out of lands previously part of the Kansas, Nebraska, Utah, and New Mexico territories. Technically the territory was open to slavery under the Dred Scott Decision of 1857, but the question was rendered moot by the impending American Civil War and the majority pro-Union sentiment in the territory.

Colorado was admitted as a state in 1876.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Territory

Denver was founded in 1858 as a mining town during the Pikes Peak gold rush. It was in the far western part of the Kansas Territory.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Sin,

from another thread
Felix wrote:who fucking thinks these names up?
Serapis?

it was only a matter of time before some asshat plays the race card....hey jackass, most of Denvers team is black, are they part of the "confederacy"?
get out, get out while there's still time
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Felix wrote:

Sin,

from another thread
Felix wrote:who fucking thinks these names up?
Serapis?

it was only a matter of time before some asshat plays the race card....hey jackass, most of Denvers team is black, are they part of the "confederacy"?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Prolly make yours look bigger too...
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey wrote:
Left Seater wrote:

Wrong (Google is your friend).

The Colorado Territory was officially organized by Act of Congress on February 28, 1861, out of lands previously part of the Kansas, Nebraska, Utah, and New Mexico territories. Technically the territory was open to slavery under the Dred Scott Decision of 1857, but the question was rendered moot by the impending American Civil War and the majority pro-Union sentiment in the territory.

Colorado was admitted as a state in 1876.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Territory

Denver was founded in 1858 as a mining town during the Pikes Peak gold rush. It was in the far western part of the Kansas Territory.
To use your word, WRONG!

Those who have no googling skills shouldn't call out others.

For example here is a map of the land claimed by the Republic after winning independence from Mexico:

Mexico and at times the United States took issue with Texas' claim to all of this land. However, the United States then went to war with Mexico over this "disputed" area, therefore recognizing the claim of the Republic. This was further substantiated in 1850:
The Compromise of 1850 set Texas's boundaries at their present form. U.S. Senator James Pearce of Maryland drafted the final proposal where Texas ceded its land which later became half of present-day New Mexico, a third of Colorado, and small portions of Kansas, Oklahoma, and Wyoming to the federal government, in return for the assumption of $10 million of the old republic's debt.
So care to revisit your statement?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote:
The Compromise of 1850 set Texas's boundaries at their present form. U.S. Senator James Pearce of Maryland drafted the final proposal where Texas ceded its land which later became half of present-day New Mexico, a third of Colorado, and small portions of Kansas, Oklahoma, and Wyoming to the federal government, in return for the assumption of $10 million of the old republic's debt.
Part of present day Colorado was, at one time, land "claimed" by the Republic of Texas. At the time the territory was established it was not.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey wrote:
Left Seater wrote:
Part of present day Colorado was, at one time, land "claimed" by the Republic of Texas. At the time the territory was established it was not.
Agreed. Glad to see you now agree. The fact that a war was fought over the claim and a compromise with money involved makes it far more than a "claim." But none the less part of what is now CO was once part of Texas.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Left Seater wrote:Agreed. Glad to see you now agree. The fact that a war was fought over the claim and a compromise with money involved makes it far more than a "claim." But none the less part of what is now CO was once part of Texas.
And Michigan was once a part of Massachusetts. So what?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:You know - one of the oddest/dumbest things about the game was? When a DL is eating your OL for lunch, what's one of the first things you do? If you have a mobile QB, you start rolling his ass out of the pocket! They did it a little on their TD drive, and NEVER did it again. Absolutely stupid. I wonder if Shula had a stroke, but if you've got a 4.5 QB, you let that motherfucker roll out, or run like a motherfucker.
What was crazy, was that after Denver was putting 8-9 in the box, Carolina did the smart thing -- threw it outside the numbers, with a modicum of success (not many yards, but short gains. Then... they stopped. Heaven forbid if the would have kept going outside and pulled a defender or two out of the box, and gave JStew some sort of chance.

There were some baffling coaching decisions by Carolina.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:
What was crazy, was that after Denver was putting 8-9 in the box, Carolina did the smart thing -- threw it outside the numbers, with a modicum of success (not many yards, but short gains. Then... they stopped. Heaven forbid if the would have kept going outside and pulled a defender or two out of the box, and gave JStew some sort of chance.

There were some baffling coaching decisions by Carolina.
Exactly.

Instead, they kept trying that dumb fukking delayed handoff/draw right at that box. This may have worked against lesser slower defenses. It did not against the Donks.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

How in the fuck did you all miss your true coaching calling :meds:
Go Bucs, Gators
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Never claimed to know the first thing about coaching. Just do know that watching a team spend an entire game trying the same clusterfukk of a bad play is probably a sign of bad coaching.