Gun Battle

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

mvscal
Blank

Re: Gun Battle

Post by mvscal »

It is nearly impossible to get an assault rifle in this country, idiot. And it certainly isn't worth the cost, IMO.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Stupid fuggin caption, written by a moron who doesn't know what they're talking about, and has certainly never studied anything by the Founders.

General Washington won a war of independence due to the fact that Everyday Joes owned state-of-the-art assault rifles. The finest, most advanced sidearms available at the time.

And when it came time to draw up the rules, they wanted The People to retain that right so they could fight back if some entitled douchebags decided to take another stab at repressing them, and started trying to revoke their rights. It was never about a "right to hunt," or a "right to defend one's home." It was ALWAYS about the government being subservient to The People, and that's a fine way to insure that goal.

I'm surprised some elitist government scumbags haven't tried to pass a law banning the Federalist Papers.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:It is nearly impossible to get an assault rifle in this country, idiot. And it certainly isn't worth the cost, IMO.
I know a guy...

But the expense is indeed prohibitive.

Actually, his first one had a conversion to shoot .22LR -- so after the initial expense, it was almost affordable to shoot.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Sudden Sam wrote:I'm not a gun guy, so I don't get passionate defending owning them. But having a shotgun and/or a couple pistols seems reasonable to me.

However...assault weapons? Why?
So, you, an admitted non-gun guy think your opinion on what others decide to arm themselves with should hold water?

BTW, how do you define "assault weapon"? All black with scar looking pistol grip?

You do realize that most pistols nowadays are semi-auto, right?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
mvscal wrote:It is nearly impossible to get an assault rifle in this country, idiot. And it certainly isn't worth the cost, IMO.
I know a guy...

But the expense is indeed prohibitive.

Actually, his first one had a conversion to shoot .22LR -- so after the initial expense, it was almost affordable to shoot.
I took my grandson to an indoor range at an area gun shop last year so he could shoot his new .22. A few 20-somethings were using the adjacent lane firing a fully automatic .45 caliber machine gun. Belonged to the gun shop and you could rent the gun and buy full clips for it. Fire off $20 worth of ammo in a heartbeat. And these young'uns had 4 or 5 clips sitting there.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

My understanding is that semiautos were never that difficult to convert to full auto. Hard to practice with one without drawing attention to oneself.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Jsc810 wrote:Not a fully automatic, but evidently they're not that difficult to convert.
Technically, that's not an "assault rifle." "Tactical rifle" is the hip term these days.

And there's very strict laws regarding converting it to a fully auto loader. Also, the typical home conversion job results in an unreliable product.

And frankly, fully auto fire is a waste. Most modern militaries only use it under specific circumstances.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:Hard to practice with one without drawing attention to oneself.
My very limited experience says that if any law enforcement is within earshot, you damned well better have your paperwork (which must always accompany the gun) in order, or you don't own an auto anymore, and are going to jail.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Gun Battle

I scored 22.

-smackaholic-
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

That twisted logic would be like saying freedom of the press only applies to 1770's printing presses and not radio, TV, the internet,etc. Stupid argument for sure by the libs.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:

$525 at Cabela's. Not a fully automatic,
Not an assault rifle then. A pre-ban, select fire AR-15 in half ass decent shape will set you back four times that amount or more. That doesn't even include the extensive regulatory hurdles necessary to legally own one. The cost/benefit just isn't there, IMO.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

It is every American's right to own a handgun...and hold it sideways...with wrist and elbow cocked at 45 degree angles...with finger inside the trigger guard...
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:A pre-ban, select fire AR-15 in half ass decent shape will set you back four times that amount or more.
I know a couple of people who would buy all that you could come up with for that price. High-demand + limited supply = expensive.

But I know a couple of guys with extra dough, who snatch up all kinds of stuff like that. Friend of mine just put some crazy .308 barrel on an AR, then mounted a BORS system on it. I've yet to fire it, but dude claims he can shoot a 5" group at 1200 yards (:insert bugeyed emoji here:). Then again, for several thousand dollars (as in "quite a few thousand"), it should be pretty accurate.

Lots of people have full autos. And they're not people you need to worry about.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

:lol:
Go Bucs, Gators
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Fully auto takes a Trust and a Class III in order for you to own a fully automatic weapon. I work with a few guys who have their Class IIIs, but they mainly have it for purchasing supressors. They really don't see the need for fully auto unless you're tricking out a 10-22 for fun shit to do.

Tactical ARs in 556/.223 are great guns for hog hunting.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Go Coogs' wrote:Fully auto takes a Trust and a Class III in order for you to own a fully automatic weapon.
Absolutely not true.

Anyone can own a machine gun, as long as it's a pre-ban model. Class III's can own post-ban models, which can never be transfered.
Dasher
Certified Holiday Troll™

Post by Dasher »

Go Coogs' wrote:Tactical ARs in 556/.223 are great guns for hog hunting.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Try calling her cell phone first.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The ones I've seen are a Ruger AC556 (I think that's what it's called -- a Mini-14 with a select-fire), and an HK (can't remember the model).

A friend has a Tommy, but it's a semi, which they started making again a few tears ago. Tell you what -- the guys who carried that shit with a 75 round mag in WWII were badasses... fucker weighs a ton. Even without a mag, thing weighs a ton.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

My issue with owning a suppressor or automatic weapon is the paper trail you leave with the government. I've made a concerted effort to own weaponry that is unregistered and unlicensed; and while I'd truly enjoy owning either of those, having my name on a list somewhere is very displeasing to me. In my view, the whole gun control thing is never going away because of the continuing gravitational pull of totalitarianism for the Left. As long as we have Democrats in this country, there will always be a direct threat to my basic human rights to freedom and the pursuit of happiness. And since they view me as a direct threat to their desire for utter control I will not make it easier for them to track my ownership of weaponry.

Undoubtedly some will laugh at my "paranoia", but after these past seven years and seeing the Democrats try to repeal the First and Second Amendment, anyone who either has a (D) after their name or votes for someone who does, has already earned my distrust. After all, these same people voted for this racist, spineless, cancerous, Marxist piece of shit that is in the Oval office. Twice. And now they want the female version. Ponderous.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

For what it's worth, the tommygun is an ergonomic piece of shit for what people want it for now. It was designed to shot from the hip by soldiers clearing trenches in WW1, thus it has rudimentary sights (at best). Iron sights were added later when the gun was modified to accept a(n uncomfortable) butt stock. Originally, it was for all practical purposes a very long and heavy machine pistol. The gun is a natural pointer and the shooter, from the hip, would pull the trigger and walk the rounds into the enemy. The .45 round packs a lot of punch in the short distances it was designed for and stores small and neatly in slim magazines-- which was good since it ate ammunition at a prodigious rate. You could make an argument that it was the grand daddy of the "assault rifle" although technically it wasn't a rifle at all.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

I have a passing familiarity with their BFG-50A in that a coworker has one. He described it as a minimalist .50 cal semi that'll leave your shoulder feeling like you were back in 2nd grade and your older brother was doing that whole Chinese-bubble-knuckle-punch-thing on it for the entire afternoon. I had to laugh at the video of Bunny Hunter shooting that thing to "blow off Steam (whoever he is)" while tottering around in wedge heels and a tight skirt. It's a good thing she was standing so close to the target because had she been a few feet further away, she'd have missed and shot through the door and probably killed someone a half a mile away. Idiocy.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dinsdale wrote: the guys who carried that shit with a 75 round mag in WWII were badasses... fucker weighs a ton. Even without a mag, thing weighs a ton.
Well...they didn't. The British briefly used the 50 round drum in 1940 but quickly got rid of them. The were heavy, they rattled when moving, they were a pain in the ass to load and to change magazines.

We used 20 and 30 round stick magazines. The 1942 model we used wouldn't even take a drum mag. If you think the Thompson was heavy, the BAR was almost twice it's weight.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Rooster wrote:You could make an argument that it was the grand daddy of the "assault rifle" although technically it wasn't a rifle at all.
Actually, you can't. It's a submachinegun not a rifle. The German STG-44 was the first assault rifle.

Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Point taken. I was thinking of our present anti-gun cultural where the Left calls any long firearm made of black plastic an assault rifle. And the Tommy was the first U.S. designed and mass manufactured firearm under what would be considered the definition of an assault rifle in today's terms.

For those who are not gun savvy, a standard battle rifle is too long, too heavy, and too unwieldy for close quarters battle. It is excellent for mid to long range shots, but does not point well or have the balance and nimbleness to bring to bear in the tight confines of a trench, tunnel, or room. So to address trench warfare's specific problems, the Thompson submachine gun was invented. It was short, pointed well, and had a high cyclic rate. It's deficiencies was that it was relatively heavy thus cutting down on its' nimbleness, and the mechanism to change magazines was somewhat un-ergonomic, at least in comparison to today's weaponry. However, it was bomb-proof, simple to operate, and required only the pulling of the trigger to send a stream of bullets downrange. It was the weapon which brought about our gun laws preventing Americans from owning an automatic firearm without a permit.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

The basic definition of an assault rifle is that it is a selective fire weapon using an intermediate cartridge (between a pistol round and a full powered rifle round).

The Thompson fires .45 ACP and is essentially worthless beyond 50 yards.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:the BAR was almost twice it's weight.
I love shooting BAR's.....heavy as shit but they hit like a sledge hammer
get out, get out while there's still time
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I want to build an AR-10 in a .308 caliber, but I've been reading milspec for building that platform is a bitch.

My favorite gun to fire at the range is a Savage .243 bolt action with the adjustable accu-trigger. Accurate as hell, smooth pull, and you don't feel like your shoulder is going to fall off after going through a box of shells.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Oh. For what it's worth, about that Serbu? For you non-gaming types, the nomenclature is a reference to the game Doom's most powerful weapon: the BFG 9000, i.e. Big Fucking Gun. It was an awesome weapon, but there was never enough ammo to blast your way to the end of the game by itself.
Cock o' the walk, baby!