Eternal Scobode

Re: The Game - 2015

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

You guys don't hate Michigan.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

It will be an electric atmosphere at the Big House on Saturday. Michigan is in the zygote phase of Harbaugh's program. It's so nice to go into every game with a legit shot at winning...I had almost forgotten what that was like. It's time to reclaim what is rightfully ours. If any of you dick bags are in AA for the game, stop by my tailgate for a beer.

Go Blue!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

A couple thoughts here, as my mood going into The Game this year is a little scattered and unfocused. Probably same could be said for the Buckeyes but for much different reasons.

Sorry to get a little bit sappy, but having two 20-month olds at home, it's hard to get past the reality that young children can die so young with so little warning. Yes, I am referring to Chad Carr, the 5-year old grandson of former UM hc Lloyd Carr who passed away today after a 15-month bout with brain cancer.

Don't get me wrong, I always want Ohio State to beat every last drop of diarrhea shit out of Michigan. But guess I am hung up on this for good reason.

So it appears UM has all the motivation needed now to finally welcome itself to the 21st century. Conversely, OSU has not shown any interest this season in playing big boy football and I am not quite convinced that will change Saturday. But weird shit always happens in these games.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

:?
Go Bucs, Gators
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

FUCK MICHIGAN...

those pretentious asshats are sitting there now talking how God Harbaugh is the greatest coach, invented college football, etc...

well OSU is coming up there to stomp a boot in that yellow and blue ass...

OSU 38 Ann Arbor College 24
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

When I look at this game, I think all signs point towards a Michigan win... which is why I'm taking OSU.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Rivalry games matter again after several years of hoping to play spoiler. Sparty doesn't play until 3:30...a win could send you to Indy. This season has gone better than I had hoped for. I'm glad I can hate OSU again out of the spirit of the rivalry and not out of envy.

Michigan football matters again. Harbaugh crushing buckeye nuts with a hammer at Bo's grave. He can't drop this one at home...that State loss still has to bug the shit out him after weeks have passed. A lot of seniors on this team want to end on a high note.

[obligatorytrashtalk]Zeke Elliott has a punchable Kanye West face...send that whiny fuck to the NFL with another L![/obligatorytrashtalk]

Michigan 31
Ohio State 21
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Halftime notes...

Rudock has been sharp.
Michigan is struggling with the meshpoint runs.
OSU front is getting a lot of pressure up the middle.
Surprised by the number of touches by Peppers.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

UM's defense got exposed in the second half of the season. This is a jailsexing at the line of scrimmage.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Fuck me. I have to pull for Sparty now.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Michigan making a statement here...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I hope this burns Jimmy's ass. Gotta start over with virtually a new team next year.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Not much of a rivalry when one team has won 11 of the last 12.

Currently, there are about 10 more rivalries that you can literally throw out the record books because the outcome is literally a toss up.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It was a measuring stick game and this proved they are a distant third in the East. The program has some work to do.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Shoalzie wrote:It was a measuring stick game and this proved they are a distant third in the East. The program has some work to do.
See, this is the same type of talk I hear from Longhorn fan when they say it's a 'process' or a 'measuring stick' game. You're Michigan, dude. You're supposed to be a mainstay program floating in or around the top ten every season. Michigan and Texas don't rebuild; they reload.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Just like that game against State...these games matter again and I couldn't say that a few years ago. There's credibility with the program again. It's going to be a tough division to win going forward with OSU and Sparty in firm footing as perennial top 5-10 programs. It's going to be a challenge to surpass those two.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Urban was obviously trying to send a message (to his team, probably to Jimmy too), not too many coaches out there getting that pumped up after the sixth TD of the game (up 29). Too bad that intensity was nowhere to be found a week earlier, but that's how it goes sometimes I guess. :?

Nonetheless, no way Hoke even goes .500 with that team. Harbaugh had a really nice season, that stretch of three consecutive shutouts was impressive. And they had Sparty face first on the canvas, they were really really close this year. B1G East will be tough as nailz in future seasons, especially if PSU decides to can James Franklin soon.

I think the Buckeyes are headed to Pasadena, I would prefer the classic OSU vs USC matchup for old time's sake.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield