Anybody Own a VW?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Re: Anybody Own a VW?

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

No, the VW "defeat switch' is fake.

You know I play guitar very well. And yes, I'm saying no--and I've said why.

As long as you pretend to abide with the official 9/11 version, you're admittedly disgusting frauds. So, why would I offer you music, when what you want, need, and deserve is the truth about basic imminent facts. The idea that grown men are panting for plucked melodies while desperately denying that the U.S. government was hijacked is shocking and sad. Show of hands...how many of you know anything about the TISA agreement being brokered in South America?

Personally, I'd felt a chiming pride in the idea that no legacy had been more restored and repaired than that of Rudolph Diesel, who had gone from Planet Killer to Planet Saver with the good proper German ingenuity which gave us the Green Diesel and all its promise.

Ever wonder if they're already here?

I like CO2..ssssss...
Before God was, I am
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:For starters, the NOx (the levels of which are 40 times the allowed amount) is one of the primary pollutants that produce photochemical smog, acid rain, and nitrate particulates, as well as destruction of stratospheric ozone.

I hope that's not too complicated. Here's a picture..

You disgusting Koch puppet.
That's Paris, which is not in the USA.

Milton has plenty of stock pictures of Cali you could have used to show smog.

Go strum your boyfriend's dick and pretend it's a guitar, fool.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:And yes, I'm saying no--and I've said why.
Fine. You were not going to play for whatever reason. Then you lied about going along with the challenge and your struggles in uploading content.

My point was.....you are a liar.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

No, I still have the challenges of getting the Kontakt libraries into the Fl 12 and getting the right wire. But don't just double up again and again on my guitar playing ability--as though I'm not a guitarist. Because I've no interest in tricking you. No, my music is more than you deserve.
Before God was, I am
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

He's having a hard time finding a wire for his guitar....

“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:No, I still have the challenges of getting the Kontakt libraries into the Fl 12 and getting the right wire.
If this is what you are going to go with, then you are lying about your reason for not participating. You know, since you made the effort to actually participate.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

LTS TRN 2 wrote: I'm not a guitarist.

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Papa Willie wrote: Again - you can't at least set up a video camera and film the wall?

I wish there was some way people could easily record audio and video...

~sigh~

Oh well, one can dream...

Why don’t you just STFU.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:
Mikey, you've got this all wrong. The software does not in any way change the "parameters" of the engine (or whatever gibberish you're trying to say). It simply turns the emission controls ON when the testing device is connected. And it turns the emissions controls ON when the testing device is connected. And it turns the emissions controls OFF when the testing device is disconnected
As a person who spent many years working on automotive electrics, and now spend my days of late installing software, I'm in fine position to tell you, in no uncertain terms...

that you're completely opposite of facts. Not just garden-variety "mistaken," but 100% backasswards.

"Emission controls" are physical pieces of hardware -- they don't turn on and off. What you (and apparently every other ignorant tard on the planet who has no fucking idea what they're talking about, yet still feels the need to chime in on the subject... but more on that later) refer to as "software" does exactly what Mikey said it does -- changes air/fuel mixture based on input from a network of sensors.

In short, you know as much about automotive electronics as you do guitar.

As far as this "software" scandal... please, world, STFU. An automotive ECM doesn't use "software," and never has. The word all the armchair-experts are looking for is "firmware."

TIA for realizing you're fucking ignorant, and shutting the fuck up.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

What the fuck? is everyone around here drunk on denial? Is everyone so scared and cringing that they can't accept any basic facts put before them? Yes, 9/11 was obviously an inside job.

Yes, VW had installed software which effectively turned off the emission control when the car not being tested. Here is a brief description, written by the author John Steinbeck before he died.

A defeat device is a type of auxiliary emission control device (AECD) that, in the case of Volkswagen, improved how well the emissions control system worked under certain testing conditions.

The Volkswagen defeat device isn't a physical object: The Environmental Protection Agency explains that the "device" is embedded in the software code responsible for running the engine control computer. The cars in question sensed whether they were being tested based on "the position of the steering wheel, vehicle speed, the duration of the engine's operation, and barometric pressure," according to the EPA.

The control computer is typically stored on the firewall underneath the dashboard.

When a car is driving down the road, the onboard computer gets data from several different sources. This isn't unusual: this data is used for the daily running of the vehicle. For example, accelerometer data can say how fast it is going, while impact detection can control when to deploy the airbags. Matt De Lorenzo, analyst at Kelley Blue Book, said that the average car has around 20 million lines of code in the onboard computer.

What cars usually do to bring their smog levels down is use an AdBlue or a urea injection. When a small amount of this fluid is injected during the running of the car, it can lower production of NOx, a component of smog. "A lot of larger vehicles use those systems," said Lorenzo. The system used to inject the fluid can be expensive, however, and this can be a concern particularly on the price-sensitive end of the market with the Jettas and Golfs.

So Volkswagen ditched the injectors. Instead, the affected cars’ onboard computers would be measuring and checking the state of the car and, thanks to some extra code, would decide whether the conditions matched those of a lab test. When this happened, the computer would alter the cars’ running states to achieve the efficiency levels required by the EPA.

As for the drunk and dreary old sod, known as Dins, who gives a fuck what this boring and brain dead idiot says about anything?

And as for my guitar playing, it's great--I had a really fun set today, and I'm going to perform in Sausalito this Saturday. As for performing for you, no. You've been bratty and snide, and I have no reason to want to entertain you.
Before God was, I am
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Here is a brief description, written by the author John Steinbeck before he died.

I don't even know how to respond to that.

I guess he took a break from penning Of Mice and Men to comment of VW ECMs.

Regardless who wrote that... they're wrong, and don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

But I'm sure you'll enlighten us as to which emission control devices the "software" (again, no such thing) disables?

TIA
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Urea injection does indeed reduce NOx emissions in diesel engines. It is, however, injected into the exhaust and doesn't affect the gas mileage. In fact there's some opinion that it actually increases gas mileage. So, this is obviously not what the VW software or firmware is defeating.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:

So Volkswagen ditched the injectors. Instead, the affected cars’ onboard computers would be measuring and checking the state of the car and, thanks to some extra code, would decide whether the conditions matched those of a lab test. When this happened, the computer would alter the cars’ running states to achieve the efficiency levels required by the EPA.
And what do you suppose is meant by the cars' "running states?" Could that possibly include parameters like engine and valve timing, or air/fuel mixture? Or maybe it means something like California, New York, North Dakota or Arkansas.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:What the fuck? is everyone around here drunk on denial?
Yes, he really typed that.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

So to sum up this thread.

VW did some shenanigans and Felcho is still a liar.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

LTS TRN 2 wrote: I'm going to perform in Sausalito this Saturday.
Didn't know donkey shows were legal in the states.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

mvscal wrote:

Probably a bukkake film.

Nick, don't forget the wet-wipes.
Why don’t you just STFU.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

mvscal wrote:
Hey fuckwad, what happened to your staunch defense of VW--you know "what did they do"? "So what"? Gee, you sure run like a bunny when some basic facts are put in your face.

As for the tedious panting demand for guitar playing, let's reset. Because you don't know that I don't play guitar, your brazen confident claims of victory are every bit as silly, if not tragic, as someone diving from the high-board into an empty pool.

Because i know I've played guitar--for a long time--and enjoy it--as well as the effusive compliments of friends and audience members alike--I'm just taking pictures of my personal string-changer and tuner, Michelle..

Hey guys, Nick's reaally good. And 9/11 was an inside job.
Before God was, I am
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

mvscal wrote:

I thought it would be on a street corner with a jar on the curb with 3 cents in it.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Best of luck for your imaginary show, Nick.

Why don’t you just STFU.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Nothing imaginary about it. And do some push-ups, you spindly little creep.
Before God was, I am
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote:

And as for my guitar playing, it's great--I had a really fun set today, and I'm going to perform in Sausalito this Saturday. As for performing for you, no. You've been bratty and snide, and I have no reason to want to entertain you.

So, El Kabong is for reals??

:shock:

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Papa Willie wrote:His guitar is broken. This has to be the reason he couldn't man up.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Dinsdale wrote: As far as this "software" scandal... please, world, STFU. An automotive ECM doesn't use "software," and never has. The word all the armchair-experts are looking for is "firmware."

That's great. One problem. Firmware is software cause it sure as hell ain't hardware.
Kind of like, not all dumbfucks are named Dimsdale but Dimdale is a dumbfuck.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

:facepalm:

Firmware is a combination of software and hardware. ROMs, PROMs and EPROMs that have data or programs recorded on them are firmware.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Moving Sale wrote:
Dinsdale wrote: As far as this "software" scandal... please, world, STFU. An automotive ECM doesn't use "software," and never has. The word all the armchair-experts are looking for is "firmware."

That's great. One problem. Firmware is software cause it sure as hell ain't hardware.
Kind of like, not all dumbfucks are named Dimsdale but Dimdale is a dumbfuck.
As much as I hate to admit it, dipshit is technically right. Firmware does fall under the software umbrella.

As for what exactly this kraut trickery is, I suspect it has to do with injection timing or possibly how much it uses the urea injection. I don't believe it is an air/fuel ratio thing as diesels, by design run under a wide range of AF ratios. But, I have heard that modern diesels do use a throttle plate, so maybe there is something to that as well.

I wonder how many hippies are going to use this opportunity to get out of their TDI purchase because they are butthurt that VW sold them something less green than they thought. There was a couple I saw being interviewed last night who sited this concern. I suspect that they will settle for a check. If I had one, that is what I'd do. I doubt like hell that I would let them flash it with a greener copy of soft... errrr firmware.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I believe the distinction is that firmware can not be changed by just plugging a laptop into it and modifying it. Firmware needs to be physically removed and replaced with another chip that has the modified software permanently burned into it.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Y2K wrote::facepalm:

Firmware is a combination of software and hardware. ROMs, PROMs and EPROMs that have data or programs recorded on them are firmware.
We are starting to get pretty far down the rabbit hole, but I will take that as a much better description than what Dims said. I personally think of the firmware as the software that runs certain hardware, but I get what you are saying.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

I believe the distinction is that firmware can not be changed by just plugging a laptop into it and modifying it
You believe wrong my fliend. You can update firmware with the use of a program designed for that task. I update computer BIO'S chips all the time, Smart TV's and such update their frmware from an Internet connection.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Firmware is just software that runs before or instead of userland, most often in logic chips.
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

smackaholic wrote:chip that has...software permanently burned into it.
Equals firmware. Moving right along...
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Y2K wrote:
I believe the distinction is that firmware can not be changed by just plugging a laptop into it and modifying it
You believe wrong my fliend. You can update firmware with the use of a program designed for that task. I update computer BIO'S chips all the time, Smart TV's and such update their frmware from an Internet connection.
Way to buttfuckyourselfinthemouth. If firmware is hard and soft then you can't update it without removing and replacing the hardware part of the firmware when you are updating the firmware, and I know you can update firmware with out removing any hardware.

Now if you would have said you update the software part of the firmware then I would have bought that.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

KC Scott wrote:...a Civics pop quiz
"31/30, bitches."

Sincerely, 'holic
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

But of course you could never fit into a Jetta. Unless you were dismembered.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:Image
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

What is your obsession with gay sex? It seems to be all you ever think about. Wow.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Image.
Yes, that's exactly what I've been saying. You're a one-trick pony.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm calling bullshit. The person in the pic isn't nearly fat enough to be from Missouri.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dinsdale wrote:

I'm calling bullshit. The person in the pic isn't nearly fat enough to be from Missouri.
...western Missouri.