It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Anybody Own a VW?

Post by Mikey »

Volkswagen Says 11 Million Cars Worldwide Are Affected in Diesel Deception

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/23/busin ... =undefined

Didn't Ken drive a Jetta? I wonder if it was a "clean" diesel.

Was thinking about a Golf TDI a few years ago. Glad I went with a Ford.
mvscal
Blank

Re: Anybody Own a VW?

Post by mvscal »

RACK VW.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:RACK VW.
Yeah, I'll have to admit that was a pretty smart move.

Potential $35,000 fine for each vehicle (sold in the US).
Alienate 100% of your customers.
Stock price drops 18% in one day.
Etc.

RACK
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Hey, if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:Mikey - you understand that probably every auto manufacturer in the world is doing this, don't you? Maybe not Tesla, but just think of the carbon footprint they make within their manufacturing process.

VW is a shitty car company, regardless. Just about every reliability comparison you read typically has them at the bottom of the drain...
I used to sell Volkswagens back when the Golf and Jetta first came out. I would say that their dependability was quite good, but when you needed a repair it was damn expensive.

Hey, look Jay. I'm having a conversation. :mrgreen:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:Mikey - you understand that probably every auto manufacturer in the world is doing this, don't you? Maybe not Tesla, but just think of the carbon footprint they make within their manufacturing process.

VW is a shitty car company, regardless. Just about every reliability comparison you read typically has them at the bottom of the drain...
Oh, you're such a big old cynic.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

mvscal wrote:Hey, if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin.
Rack the ole skool Neckcar quote.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Oh, you're such a big old cynic.
I still respect my elders, sir.
Not that I've noticed.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

mvscal wrote:Hey, if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin.
You're referring to the Bush presidential elections of 2000 and 2004, right?

As for the the oh-so clever VW scam, this presents an example of the value and purpose of the EPA That said, such is the assault upon the EPA, such are the shameless efforts to hobble the agency that the actual detection of the "defeat device" came after independent analysis by researchers at West Virginia University, working with the International Council on Clean Transportation.
Before God was, I am
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:...this presents an example of the value and purpose of the EPA
Naked corruption and complete incompetence?
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

And...therefore by your diseased logic, the EPA should not have caught VW? The EPA should not even exist, and since there's no there's no other government agency policing these matters therefore VW should have gotten away with their brazen scam? Because after all, the emissions aren't really a problem anyway, right? With Climate Change being a hoax and all?

So, how does Victor David Hansen's sphincter taste?
Before God was, I am
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

^^^ don't feed the lying shit troll that can't play a guitar.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:And...therefore by your diseased logic, the EPA should not have caught VW?
Doing what?
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

What, are you tripling down on your cornered falsity?

VW has been caught--by the EPA--installing sophisticated software in their "green diesel" TDI vehicles which craftily avoided the actual emissions. Got that on one bounce, Koch fluffer?

This goes far beyond the exploding Mustangs and lethal Corvairs, and even edges out for sheer duplicity the Merchants Of Doubt campaign against Climate Change (awareness).

You've yet to suggest why the EPA failed (or was corrupt) in using actual government force in bringing VW to justice.

Oh, that's right, you don't think they did anything wrong. Enjoy the twisted stink of Hansen's anus, you sorry punk.
Before God was, I am
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Hold on for one second.

The VW folks installed software that allows their cars to pass emissions tests run by the EPA. Think about that for more than one second. Software is somehow changing what comes out of the tailpipe of the car? If this is actually true VW would be dominating the world. No way in hell software is changing the chemistry of what is coming out of the tailpipe.

Given that, the EPA testing hardware/software has to be faulty. This can't be surprising to anyone.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Well aren't we shocked!! The utterly fake "pilot" is quadrupling down on (anti-EPA Koch whoredom) somehow defending the obvious "defeat device" software that evaded basic emission detection.

Hey, fake-seater, how ya doin' in your silly fear curl? Are you actually wondering just what VW was doing with their clever software? Well....listen closely...

The "defeat device" (the installed software) shut down the emission control system during regular driving, but turned it back on as soon as the car was plugged into an emissions testing machine.

Okay? (curl well...)
Before God was, I am
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Papa Willie wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote:
Hey, fake-seater,
Is that sort of like "fake-guitarist"?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote:Hold on for one second.

The VW folks installed software that allows their cars to pass emissions tests run by the EPA. Think about that for more than one second. Software is somehow changing what comes out of the tailpipe of the car? If this is actually true VW would be dominating the world. No way in hell software is changing the chemistry of what is coming out of the tailpipe.
I'm surprised that you really don't get this. I would expect this from wolfman but, considering your occupation I thought you would be little more aware.

The software doesn't "change what comes out of the tailpipe," it changes the operating parameters of the engine, i.e. air-fuel mixture, timing, etc., which definitely affects the tailpipe emissions. Is it really that hard to understand?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote:

I'm surprised that you really don't get this. I would expect this from wolfman but, considering your occupation I thought you would be little more aware.

The software doesn't "change what comes out of the tailpipe," it changes the operating parameters of the engine, i.e. air-fuel mixture, timing, etc., which definitely affects the tailpipe emissions. Is it really that hard to understand?
Heft Seater has an uncanny ability to dumb himself down. It's really quite amazing.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

LTS TRN 2 wrote: VW has been caught--by the EPA--installing sophisticated software in their "green diesel" TDI vehicles which craftily avoided the actual emissions.
So what?
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Could have worded that better.

The fact that a car can get over on the testing equipment says as much if not more about the test and its equipment than it does the car.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

When the EPA, CARB, or whoever requires all these cars to get the control systems re-flashed with new software the overall performance and gas mileage of these cars is going to noticeably drop. VW then will be open to all sorts of consumer complaints of misrepresentation, etc...

MVSCAL, you lived here in California, you know the state is going to quickly require this before they allow any of them to get a registration renewal.

Otherwise, I don't have much sympathy for those thinking the purchase of a VW/Audi was a good idea in the first place.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

mvscal wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote: VW has been caught--by the EPA--installing sophisticated software in their "green diesel" TDI vehicles which craftily avoided the actual emissions.
So what?
So what? Here's what...

A Guardian analysis found those US vehicles would have spewed between 10,392 and 41,571 tonnes of toxic gas into the air each year, if they had covered the average annual US mileage. If they had complied with EPA standards, they would have emitted just 1,039 tonnes of NOx each year in total.

Thhe company admitted the device may have been fitted to 11m of its vehicles worldwide. If that proves correct, VW’s defective vehicles could be responsible for between 237,161 and 948,691 tonnes of NOx emissions each year, 10 to 40 times the pollution standard for new models in the US. Western Europe’s biggest power station, Drax in the UK, emits 39,000 tonnes of NOx each year.

Of course your auto-denial of the effects of such pollution mandate that you say.."so what"?" ...but the amount of anal gas you've consumed from Hansen's sphincter has rendered you all-but comatose--hence your ability to barely speak. Wow, what a fucked-up piece of toxic waste you're proven to be.
Before God was, I am
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Photochemical smog is a direct result of liberal bullshit rotting in the sun.

Tell me you knew...
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

As real as the hog food you're about to pile drive for lunch?
Before God was, I am
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:...the effects of such pollution
And those are? Please be specific. No vague, arm wavy generalities if it isn't too much trouble.

TIA
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

A little extra particulate mater floating around in the atmosphere ought to counteract the plague of our time, AGW. VW deserves a fukkin noble prize.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

We aren't talking about particulate matter here.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

It NOx your socks off.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

So, extra NOx then? Nitrogen is like, in fertilizer and stuff. Shit ought to grow better.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

mvscal wrote:arm wavy
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

mvscal wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote:...the effects of such pollution
And those are? Please be specific. No vague, arm wavy generalities if it isn't too much trouble.

TIA
For starters, the NOx (the levels of which are 40 times the allowed amount) is one of the primary pollutants that produce photochemical smog, acid rain, and nitrate particulates, as well as destruction of stratospheric ozone.

I hope that's not too complicated. Here's a picture..

You disgusting Koch puppet.
Before God was, I am
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Papa Willie wrote: Image

Society (left) & LispingThroughSemen (right).
I would've gone with
L-recording technology, R-LES_PAUL2
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Willers, go guzzle some gravy, you boring fat fuck..

Hi, I'm shutyomouth...and I like that name cuz it fits me real good...

As for babs, the Koch whore, we notice he's fled and surrendered.
Before God was, I am
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Mikey wrote:

Mikey, you've got this all wrong. The software does not in any way change the "parameters" of the engine (or whatever gibberish you're trying to say). It simply turns the emission controls ON when the testing device is connected. And it turns the emissions controls OFF when the testing device is disconnected. C'mon, don't be a silly dolt.
Before God was, I am
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

What do you think the emission controls do?

Mikey, you've got this all wrong. The software does not in any way change the "parameters" of the engine (or whatever gibberish you're trying to say). It simply turns the emission controls ON when the testing device is connected. And it turns the emissions controls OFF when the testing device is disconnected. C'mon, don't be a silly dolt.
Oh. OK.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Good. Get it straight before you start tapping out nonsense? How could you be so unintentionally stupid? :?:
Before God was, I am
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

It's a little late for you to run "you don't know software" smack Felcho.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

It's not about software, but pretending to be stupid. Like what you're doing now. You know damn well that I not only play some good campfire chords, but I mix it up... 8)

And no, NO...as I've explained...I'm not inclined to offer entertainment to such wimps, such cowards. No. You'll deal with reality and attempt to wake up! That's all I'm offering. Fuck you.
Before God was, I am
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

LTS TRN 2 wrote: You know damn well that I not only play some good campfire chords, but I mix it up... 8)
No....no I don't. Nobody does. That's the whole point you welching dork.

And no, NO...as I've explained...I'm not inclined to offer entertainment to such wimps, such cowards.
Except for that part when you were inclined...and said you were attempting to pull it off.

Either way you want to spin it, you are a fake ass bitch.