Two political polls I would like to see

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Two political polls I would like to see

Post by Rooster »

With all the controversy about Donald Trump leading in the GOP polls, two polls I would like to see is how many Democrats would vote for him both with a (D) after his name and the second poll asking if in the general election with him being ostensibly a Republican, how many Dems would cross over and vote for him. The way I see it-- and in conjunction with the reports that Bill Clinton encouraged him to run --Trump is less a Republican than he is a Democrat looking to Ross Perot this election. As canny as Bill is, I can easily see him stroking The Donald's ego to get him into the race to shave voters off the Right to get his wife in the Oval Office as he did with 43% of the vote.

The media's take is that he is a distinctly Republican problem, but I question that considering he has taken positions in the past which are far more Left leaning, leading me to believe that should he run as an independent he would siphon off as many, if not more votes from the Left than from the Right. And seeing how Hillary may have legal issues concerning those top secret emails on her private server and Bernie Sanders may be too far Left for many in the Democrat Party, Trump may be an acceptable alternative assuming Warren doesn't get into the race.

As it is, should he manage not to self-destruct in the remaining year before the convention, I cannot see any way he does not run as an independent.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
The State
Ren Fairy

Re: Two political polls I would like to see

Post by The State »

Why do you care ?
EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Maybe the question was too complicated...
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Because it would give our political discourse a frame and context which would allow us to see just how skewed our need for celebrity and entertainment is. Right now, the narrative is that Trump is a legitimate candidate-- something I would dispute. My belief is that he appeals not just to Republicans, but to an overall broad demographic which is more inclined to watch Judge Judy or Maury Povich-- a demographic which includes a heavy percentage of Democrats. Even someone like you, State.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Rooster wrote:Because it would give our political discourse a frame and context which would allow us to see just how skewed our need for celebrity and entertainment is. Right now, the narrative is that Trump is a legitimate candidate-- something I would dispute. My belief is that he appeals not just to Republicans, but to an overall broad demographic which is more inclined to watch Judge Judy or Maury Povich-- a demographic which includes a heavy percentage of Democrats. Even someone like you, State.

You sound like a 9th grade high school student... filled with Naivete.

Sad.

Hopefully, one day you'll grow up.

the truth
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Hey, Med-State..stay out of this..it's an actual interesting question...for adults.

Sure, Trump is positioned .....and the real issue is that no one else is!!!!

Surely no one in the malignant GOP. No one.

And as for the Hillary...no, simply.

Bernie...everything he says makes perfect sense, hence the kiss of death in American national politics.

Sure...Trump is wagging his tail....
Before God was, I am
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Hey, Med-State..stay out of this..it's an actual interesting question...for adults.

Sure, Trump is positioned .....and the real issue is that no one else is!!!!

Surely no one in the malignant GOP. No one.

And as for the Hillary...no, simply.

Bernie...everything he says makes perfect sense, hence the kiss of death in American national politics.

Sure...Trump is wagging his tail....

Is this a drum set... or a guitar ?

Not that you'd be able to play either one of them.

the truth
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Rooster wrote:My belief is that he appeals not just to Republicans, but to an overall broad demographic which is more inclined to watch Judge Judy or Maury Povich-- a demographic which includes a heavy percentage of Democrats. Even someone like you, State.
I think Trump has name-recognition among the group you cited, but I don't think a big pct. of those people would be inclined to vote for him.

Tea Party types make up much of Trump's support, imo.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Rooster wrote:With all the controversy about Donald Trump leading in the GOP polls, two polls I would like to see is how many Democrats would vote for him both with a (D) after his name and the second poll asking if in the general election with him being ostensibly a Republican, how many Dems would cross over and vote for him. The way I see it-- and in conjunction with the reports that Bill Clinton encouraged him to run --Trump is less a Republican than he is a Democrat looking to Ross Perot this election. As canny as Bill is, I can easily see him stroking The Donald's ego to get him into the race to shave voters off the Right to get his wife in the Oval Office as he did with 43% of the vote.

The media's take is that he is a distinctly Republican problem, but I question that considering he has taken positions in the past which are far more Left leaning, leading me to believe that should he run as an independent he would siphon off as many, if not more votes from the Left than from the Right. And seeing how Hillary may have legal issues concerning those top secret emails on her private server and Bernie Sanders may be too far Left for many in the Democrat Party, Trump may be an acceptable alternative assuming Warren doesn't get into the race.

As it is, should he manage not to self-destruct in the remaining year before the convention, I cannot see any way he does not run as an independent.
The last sentence is the only thing you said that makes any sense at all. The rest is utter bullshit. And wishful thinking.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

I don't know that it's bullshit and nor do you. And unless you are pollster who is keeping your information to yourself after asking those specific questions, nobody knows the answers yet-- which is precisely why it would be illuminating to find out just how many people would support Trump regardless of party affiliation. As for if Tea Partiers are supporting him, my suspicions are that they aren't. At least in any large measure. Why? Because Tea Partiers are mostly conservative policy wonk-types who'd recoil at the idea of single payer health insurance, higher progressive taxes, taxpayer funded Planned Parenthood, willful donations to the Clinton Foundation, eminent domain, and other assorted fiscal travesties Trump has championed at some recent point in his lifetime.

Regarding Bill Clinton and his possible machinations concerning Trump, I can only repeat what stories are coming out of DC. It certainly sounds plausible especially when discussing Bill. And as smart as he is, the calculations about his wife would have had to been done and she'd be found wanting. So it'd surprise absolutely no one that Bill would pull strings to ensure another shot at bedding down some interns in the Oval Office. Just for old time's sake, you understand.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Democrats are laughing at what Trump is doing to the Republican party. They are not going to be voting for him. But do carry on with your Clinton conspiracy theories. They are quite amusing.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

I see them not laughing so much as commiserating since they are suffering from their own particular problems. Between Sanders showing up Her Highness in New Hampshire and Herself being dragged down by those... those... awful plebian FBI agents, both parties are fighting against internal forces intent on throwing off the traces of the ruling class. You can almost hear them ask, "Why won't the unwashed masses just be quiet and accept their Establishment Overlords? Don't they know what's good for them?!?"
Cock o' the walk, baby!
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Rooster wrote:Tea Partiers are mostly conservative policy wonk-types
Some are, but I think you might be overrating the intelligence of the overall group.

Many tea partiers are dumb rednecks who are tired of browns and fags overtaking the land.

A "non-Washington" guy comes in talking loud and tough -- barking about nationalism, USA! USA! USA!
Beat down the japs, chinks and messcans.
POWERFUL military.
Kill the ISIS muslims.
Kill Obamacare.
Close the border.
UP with the 2nd Amendment.
Birth Certificate.

This is what a lot of them are latching on to, imo.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Roach wrote:To me the question is: Which party gets fucked up more with Trump as an independent. (Hint: This is not automatically the GOP).
I think it's definitely the GOP. Trump is not going to pull many Democratic voters.

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I'm a registered D (surprised?) but I might switch parties to vote for Trump in the primary.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

There is a sizable chunk of the democratic party that likes what they hear from Trump concerning our trade policy with China. Bernie is getting a chunk of his support on this same topic where he has spouted the same sort of rhetoric as TD. The question is, is it just rhetoric?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Mikey wrote: but I might switch parties to vote for Trump in the primary.
When hell freezes over. Ha-ha, good one.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

trev wrote:
Mikey wrote: but I might switch parties to vote for Trump in the primary.
When hell freezes over. Ha-ha, good one.
Only because I'd like to see him as the Republican candidate in the general election.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:There is a sizable chunk of the democratic party that likes what they hear from Trump concerning our trade policy with China. Bernie is getting a chunk of his support on this same topic where he has spouted the same sort of rhetoric as TD. The question is, is it just rhetoric?
Just because Trump and Bernie Sanders share similar views regarding China, that does not equate to Dems voting for Trump in the general election. Only a moron would vote for Trump. There's a much greater concentration of morons among Republican voters. Therefore, a Trump third party bid hurts the Republican side much more.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:
smackaholic wrote:There is a sizable chunk of the democratic party that likes what they hear from Trump concerning our trade policy with China. Bernie is getting a chunk of his support on this same topic where he has spouted the same sort of rhetoric as TD. The question is, is it just rhetoric?
Just because Trump and Bernie Sanders share similar views regarding China, that does not equate to Dems voting for Trump in the general election. Only a moron would vote for Trump. There's a much greater concentration of morons among Republican voters. Therefore, a Trump third party bid hurts the Republican side much more.
Not sure about that. Hillary's ship is sinking fast. Bernie is a commie nutjob. I suspect good ole crazy uncle joe will step in soon. He will hold onto a number of the dem loyalists, but, he is crazy uncle joe, the human gaff machine and he is damn near as old as you.

Whatever happens, it is likely not to be boring. Gotta rack TD and Bernie for that much.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Poptart, I'd quibble with your assertion that Tea Partiers are populist in nature. Certainly those issues you mentioned impact the average TPer, but the core concerns of the Tea Party is fiscal conservatism, not social issues-- which is not to say that that demographic isn't socially conservative as well, but the primary topic is governmental frugality. I think the populist aspect of this election is widespread across the political spectrum and can't be pigeonholed into one party or the other. It's just what constitutes a populist issue for the various voters from those bands of the political spectrum.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Mikey wrote:I'm a registered D (surprised?) but I might switch parties to vote for Trump in the primary.
If I remember correctly can't we now vote for anyone we want now. You might just have your golden egg without switching parties.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Rooster wrote:the core concerns of the Tea Party is fiscal conservatism, not social issues
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Laugh all you want, but it just reveals your basic lack of understanding of the underpinnings and beginnings of the Tea Party. Them are the facts.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Rooster wrote:Laugh all you want, but it just reveals your basic lack of understanding of the underpinnings and beginnings of the Tea Party. Them are the facts.
"Beginnings" being the key word. You seem intent on giving Sirgulpaload and suckaholic a serious challenge for the DMFOTI award.
But the Tea Party has drifted away from its strict economic-conservative origins. Yes, opposition to Obamacare and government spending remain priorities. But increasingly issues such as abortion, gay marriage, and immigration have become the tail that wags the dog.

Thus you now hear Judson Phillips, the head of Tea Party Nation, a group that once said social issues were “just not something that is on our radar,” denouncing gay marriage as “a freak show, involving 3 men, 5 women, 2 dogs, and a Bengal tiger.” Or Scottie Neil Hughes, of the Tea Party News Network, suggesting that women who have abortions should be jailed. And, during last summer’s congressional town-hall season, Tea Party Patriots was organizing not against Obamacare or raising the debt ceiling, but against immigration reform.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/3 ... ael-tanner

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Y2K wrote:
Mikey wrote:I'm a registered D (surprised?) but I might switch parties to vote for Trump in the primary.
If I remember correctly can't we now vote for anyone we want now. You might just have your golden egg without switching parties.
I think all the primaries are "open" except for the Presidential candidates.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Gotcha...Still learning the new system, I do know I like it much better.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Goobs, point taken and conceded. However, that does not detract from the core of what the Tea Party stands for: Fiscal conservatism. All the rest is reaction to current events for better or worse. I believe people have appropriated the quasi-party name in the interests of pushing a generally held collection of right wing or reactionary political schools of thought which is a far cry from what it originated as. It is less that is inclusive of those schools of thought so much as a lack of an indentifiable alternative political "party" which encompasses those ideas.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Y2K wrote:Gotcha...Still learning the new system, I do know I like it much better.
I had to look it up before my last post.
Nothing worse than embarrassing yourself on T1B after all.

I like it better too. There seems to be a little less extreme partisanship.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

If LTS were anything other than a troll he would be going hard at Hillary.

She is exactly what he trolls on about others. She clearly thinks she is above others and the law with her private email set up. She turned her back on fellow Americans and left them to die. And she has outright lied to us on at least two occasions.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

By-the-by, I'd take issue with the premise that the Tea Party is waning. I submit to you that it has simply morphed into what we are seeing across the board today, both on the Left and the Right. To wit, while the Tea Party itself may not be as cohesive as it was at its' beginning, the results are the widespread dissatisfaction with the political system at large. I'd argue that the TP was central in giving voice to that dissatisfaction, which was emulated on the Left. Fiscal conservatism was always doomed to be too narrow a policy to gain much traction, particularly against The System as it is today. But it was those stalwarts against business as usual that led to the Occupy movement on the Left and the greater populist movement at large resulting in a Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump. Absent the Tea Party, those two candidates for president wouldn't have happened.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Rooster wrote:By-the-by, I'd take issue with the premise that the Tea Party is waning.
Google "Tea Party waning" and see how many people disagree with your viewpoint. And why.

Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

And I, in turn, would point to the present political landscape and say those who disagree with me are wrong. Hence Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders. Why do you suppose Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush are losing ground to these two candidates? People are pining for politicians who are anti-Establishment regardless of the legitimacy of their bonafides and outlier track record. And most recently it was the Tea Partiers who were at the root of this discontent which spread to the Left. That's why Eric Cantor isn't in office anymore. It's why Hillary is falling in the polls. People realized once again that a grassroots movement which demands fealty to a specific goal has power and a life all of its' own. The result is a political cycle that is flipping the norm on its' head and making the Establishment candidates scramble to remain relevant. Hillary is tacking to the left and Jeb is jibing to the right all in an effort to stem to tide of populism-- which in turn runs counter to their authenticity and electabilty.

This is nothing new. It happens with regularity in American politics.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

People may be abandoning mainstream candidates for Bernie and the Donald, but that has nothing to do with the Tea Party slowly sinking into the sunset. The social positions they are taking are supported by a shrinking minority of the population. You act as if discontent is the private property of the Tea Party.

Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

My apologies for the necropost here, but it looks like someone in the polling industry decided my question was worth being asked. For those who are inclined to reject anything simply because of the site from which I found it, bear in mind that the information this article reveals is just a summation of what SurveyUSA discovered.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -key-gaps/

The upshot is Trump steals from the Democratic Party base as well as sweeping the leg out from under Republican establishment candidates to the tune of "25 percent of African Americans, 31 percent of Hispanics and 41 percent of the relatively small Asian vote." I'm no Trump fan, but that's yuuuuuge. While it is incredibly early in the election cycle, this one may completely reorder the political structure for the next 4-8 years if The Donald can keep this pace up. I have my doubts about whether he can do that, but at this time he should be causing everyone in the ruling class to piss their britches.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

There are A LOT of balcks that like tD. Some simply like his brashness, but, I think there are plenty sitting back in the ghetto, jobless, who are asking, "just what the fukk has brotha barry done fo us"? They see a guy who bitches about the fact that we have exported zillions of jobs to china and they also realize that flooding the country with people who will compete for the jobs they'd like, just might be a bad idea. Balck folk might be a little dumb, but they ain't stupid.

As for tD being some closeted lib, if he does run and then goes full on lib, he will look awfully bad. And I really don't think he wants to go down in history as another batshit crazy billionaire that flipped an election, like Perot.

As Ben Carson's campaign gathers steam, I think he just may end up the nominee. Wouldn't mind seeing a Trump/Carson ticket. This would really pull a nice chunk of the colored folk and would be unbeatable, imo.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Rooster needs to take some lessons on apostrophe use from Smackaholic.

It'''s really the right thing to do.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:As Ben Carson's campaign gathers steam, I think he just may end up the nominee. Wouldn't mind seeing a Trump/Carson ticket. This would really pull a nice chunk of the colored folk and would be unbeatable, imo.
It would certainly corner the blithering retard voting bloc.