Top 10 Craft Beer Cities in America...

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Top 10 Craft Beer Cities in America...

Post by BSmack »

...based on actual percentage of craft beer sales vs macro beer.

PORTLAND, 43.3
SEATTLE, 37.2
SAN FRANCISCO, 34.0
SAN DIEGO, 33.0
SACRAMENTO, 31.5
WASHINGTON D.C., 28.1
CLEVELAND, 27.0
ROCHESTER, 25.4
HARTFORD/ NEW HAVEN, 25.4
GRAND RAPIDS, 25.2

Not listed. Madison.

http://www.washingtonbeerblog.com/top-1 ... n-america/
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Re: Top 10 Craft Beer Cities in America...

Post by Y2K »

Sudden Sam wrote:http://www.southernliving.com/travel/so ... craft-beer

Yeah, yeah, we're a little behind, but we do have some good beers.
I agree, I had quite a few outstanding brews down your way a couple weeks ago, Swamp Head Brewery out of Gainesville was excellent as well as Mad Manatee and a bunch of others. I always drink local it's the only way to go. I also had amazing BBQ, The Brick Pit was damn good, amazing ribs, The winner was The Shed Blues and BBQ in Ocean Springs MS with Blacks BBQ in Lockhart Tx a close second. Quite simply BBQ on a whole different level "fanfuckingtastic".
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

I had the Briskit and sausage at The Shed, it was absolute money. The briskit just melts in your mouth no fork or knives needed...awesome food.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

I also learned that a Waffle House comes in handy after many a local brew, my apologies to anyone who walked into the restroom after me at The Speedway gas station in St Augustine on I-95. :shock:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Sudden Sam wrote:http://www.southernliving.com/travel/so ... craft-beer

Yeah, yeah, we're a little behind, but we do have some good beers.
Now you just have to get your own people to buy them. :grin:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

When I saw the thread title, I was SHOCKED!!!!! to see the yacht race. SHOCKED, I tell you.

It's not the market share -- it's the quality that sets "us" apart. And that's an even bigger yacht race, despite what you'd like to believe. Pretty much invented that shit...

as I sit here slurping shitty swill (got some deece shit in the fridge, actually).

So, is this Shed in Birmingham? I'll be there for a couple of days soon.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

So, is this Shed in Birmingham?
It's down on the Gulf by Biloxi. Beautiful down there if you get a chance to vacation a little.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The Shed is cool as hell. Looks like a junkyard driving by and the decor is pretty much contemporary scrapyard, but the food is great and they have good live blues music.

The one near Gulfport burned down a few years back. Unfortunately, I haven't been back since. I suspect that burning down may have actually enhanced its appearance.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote: Pretty much invented that shit...
I was actually surprised that more cities from the pacific northwest weren't listed on there......Bend Oregon has some of the best hand crafted suds I've ever had.....Boise has some great handcrafts....Sockeye Salmon is at the top of the list, Payette Brewing is a close second, and Slanted Rock and Table Rock breweries putting out some tasty beers......

lots of people buy the Sockeye products so I'm not sure why Boise didn't make that list.....
get out, get out while there's still time
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sudden Sam wrote:Yeah, yeah, we're a little behind
This should be the official motto of The South.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:It's not the market share -- it's the quality that sets "us" apart. And that's an even bigger yacht race, despite what you'd like to believe. Pretty much invented that shit...
I wouldn't doubt it, but have you even sampled any of the finer micros outside of the U&L?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

This list has fukk all to do with whether or not they have micros, it is all about wealth. The cities listed have lots of rich folk. Rich folk, in general, do not drink rice lite. Boise was not on the list because overall, it is not a wealthy area. And it must be metro areas, not the city themselves. This is the only way to explain Hartford making the list. Last I checked, colt 45 wasn't considered a craft beer.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yeah, because when I think of wealthiest cities in America, Grand Rapids, Cleveland and Crapchester always come right to mind, especially over places like New York, Los Angeles, and Boston.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:Boise was not on the list because overall, it is not a wealthy area.
you seriously think that? Boise is actually a pretty wealthy area, maybe it's just that the wealthy folks don't drink microbrews....
get out, get out while there's still time
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I think I'll go out and celebrate being number 4 this weekend.

Cheers!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Yeah, because when I think of wealthiest cities in America, Grand Rapids, Cleveland and Crapchester always come right to mind, especially over places like New York, Los Angeles, and Boston.
Gets it.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:It's not the market share -- it's the quality that sets "us" apart. And that's an even bigger yacht race, despite what you'd like to believe. Pretty much invented that shit...
I wouldn't doubt it, but have you even sampled any of the finer micros outside of the U&L?
Of course not. That would shatter his little fantasy world.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Yeah, because when I think of wealthiest cities in America, Grand Rapids, Cleveland and Crapchester always come right to mind, especially over places like New York, Los Angeles, and Boston.
Those 3 are the exceptions. All the other listed cities have pretty high avg incomes. Notice there is nobody from the south on the list.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I don't care if Madison is one of the top whatever craft beer cities. Hell, this state was home to Miller, Pabst, Schlitz, Old Style, etc. There's some fairly mediocre craft beer to be had here, as well. But there's one microbrewer here that is every bit as good as any that I've ever sampled, and that's all I need.

I really like Bells, Three Floyds, Surly, Toppling Goliath, and a few others. But the brewery down the street from me makes some truly great beer.

Oh, and if you read the comments, the original Top 10 premise was a bit flawed.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

smackaholic wrote:
Those 3 are the exceptions. All the other listed cities have pretty high avg incomes. Notice there is nobody from the south on the list.
If the only criteria was wealth that list would look substantially different.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
smackaholic wrote:
If the only criteria was wealth that list would look substantially different.
Wealth is a big factor. Having abundant local micros like Portland has, is a factor as well. DC is high on that list because too fukking much of our money goes there to die.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Rochester is not much different than Buffalo economically. Yet Rochester has a thriving craft beer scene and Buffalo has hipsters non-ironically drinking PBR.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Is honey brown considered a craft beer? I used to drink it pretty regularly. Good stuff and from crapchester, i believe.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

smackaholic wrote:Is honey brown considered a craft beer? I used to drink it pretty regularly. Good stuff and from crapchester, i believe.
"Craft" does not = "crap." The honey brown was most likely the loose stool you had the next morning after a night of Beast Light.

Since you easily get offended at everything thrown your way, you'll most likely be butt hurt. Maybe a shit poster will help you out in response --> IKYABWAI at a minimum.

You simply do not seem like the type of person that would drink a "craft beer." :grin:
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

No doubt about Atomic Panties' favorite craft beer....Sam Adams’s Millennium.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Atomic Punk wrote:
smackaholic wrote:Is honey brown considered a craft beer? I used to drink it pretty regularly. Good stuff and from crapchester, i believe.
"Craft" does not = "crap." The honey brown was most likely the loose stool you had the next morning after a night of Beast Light.

Since you easily get offended at everything thrown your way, you'll most likely be butt hurt. Maybe a shit poster will help you out in response --> IKYABWAI at a minimum.

You simply do not seem like the type of person that would drink a "craft beer." :grin:
Wanna link me up with examples of being easily offended? Been awhile since I had any beast light. Drank a few back in the day, but seeing as I don't change career paths as often as you, I eventually got to a point where I can afford to drink pretty good stuff.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dundee is a product of North American, the same brewery than makes Genesee Cream Ale. The batch sizes are smaller with the Dundee line and they do a fair amount of seasonals. It is hardly a microbrewery, but not Inbev or Coors/Miller either. If pressed to compare I would say Dundee is a step above Yuengling and a notch below Sam Adams.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote:Dundee is a product of North American, the same brewery than makes Genesee Cream Ale. The batch sizes are smaller with the Dundee line and they do a fair amount of seasonals. It is hardly a microbrewery, but not Inbev or Coors/Miller either. If pressed to compare I would say Dundee is a step above Yuengling and a notch below Sam Adams.
That is about where it is on the price scale. Hard to believe the same folks that make that pisswater, genie cream ale, make that stuff. As for Yuengling, I think it's perfectly drinkable, but nothing special in a bottle, but, it has become my go to draft in a bar. Excellent on tap.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

BSmack wrote:Dundee is a product of North American, the same brewery than makes Genesee Cream Ale. The batch sizes are smaller with the Dundee line and they do a fair amount of seasonals. It is hardly a microbrewery, but not Inbev or Coors/Miller either. If pressed to compare I would say Dundee is a step above Yuengling and a notch below Sam Adams.

Genny Cream Ale?

I've been referred to as a "self-hating Jew", but I don't hate myself that much.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Genny Cream is some vile disgusting piss water. Anything with a Genesee label is suspect. That's why they got wise and rebranded.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Haven't had that shit in over 30 years. It is one of those things you try once and say, no thanks, I'm good, I don't need to do that to my taste buds ever again. Possibly the worst beer I have ever tried. Maybe even worse than Egyptian Stella.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:Haven't had that shit in over 30 years. It is one of those things you try once and say, no thanks, I'm good, I don't need to do that to my taste buds ever again. Possibly the worst beer I have ever tried. Maybe even worse than Egyptian Stella.
Worst beer I've ever had is the Simple Times lager from Trader Joe's. 5.8% ABV.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

smackaholic wrote:This list has fukk all to do with whether or not they have micros
smackaholic wrote:Having abundant local micros like Portland has, is a factor as well
Yup. He really is this stupid, folks.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Ditto on the Simple Times swill (although I think it's been brought up before). I remember cracking one open and experiencing the five stages of grief in the first two sips.
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

New Belgium brewery in Colorado (not sure what town) has some good IPA's. Best known for Fat Tire, Ranger and others. Ranger is my fave.
http://www.newbelgium.com/
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Te swill that comes out of New Belgium is fucking AWFUL.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

BarFlie wrote:New Belgium brewery in Colorado (not sure what town) has some good IPA's. Best known for Fat Tire, Ranger and others. Ranger is my fave.
http://www.newbelgium.com/
They're out of Fort Collins and they are utterly horrific. I very, very rarely dump a beer into the sink after one swig but Fat Tire is execrable swill. I've had better homebrew. Hell, I've made better homebrew.

Odell Brewing Co. is a far better Fort Collins option. They are outstanding.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Second the shaming of New Belgium. Horrible beer. Barely fit for a barfly.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

New Belgium is terrible. I don't think I've had one beer of theirs that is decent. If they sold Fat Tire at the price of High Life, that'd be one thing.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:If they sold Fat Tire at the price of High Life, that'd be one thing.
It would be two cheap shitty beers.