And the Republican nominee will be......

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

mvscal
Blank

Re: And the Republican nominee will be......

Post by mvscal »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote: A market economy...like McDonalds workers are in?
Precisely. Or were you expecting unskilled labor to command some sort of premium? If you want to make money flipping burgers, move to North Dakota...or fuck off with your whiny bullshit.
So slapdick is advocating minimum wage educators. Can't say myself or anyone else is surprised with mvsidiot's animosity towards the teaching profession, considering how they failed him so...
Is McDonald's some kind of school or university? Spit the fat baby's dick out of your mouth and get with the program.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote:Precisely. Or were you expecting unskilled labor to command some sort of premium? If you want to make money flipping burgers, move to North Dakota...or fuck off with your whiny bullshit.
You still think North Dakota is a boom town. How cute.
12 bucks an hour to flip burgers. That's $4.75 an hour over minimum wage.

http://www.indeed.com/q-McDonalds-l-Nor ... -jobs.html
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote:Precisely. Or were you expecting unskilled labor to command some sort of premium? If you want to make money flipping burgers, move to North Dakota...or fuck off with your whiny bullshit.

And what are housing costs like there, newt?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:

Not in New York.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Did you bump your head recently or something? Did I write anything about New York?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

You're the moron comparing teachers to McDonald's workers.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Jsc810 wrote:Clinton beats every Republican head to head.

Considering the pathetic group of Republicans that appear to be running, that isn't much of an accomplishment.
Speaking of accomplishments, can you share one with us that prompted you to vote for her?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

BSmack wrote:You're the moron comparing teachers to McDonald's workers.
I made no such comparison.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Uhm... I'm almost at a loss for words...

But I'll start by suggesting you go back and read this thread again... moron.

Then you should probably report to Schmick's house for whatever harsh punishment he can conjure -- like letting Little Leaguers use you as a target for spikes-up training.

And as to the point of it -- it's said that liberalism is a mental disorder. At this point, I think it's more rooted in a complete lack of intelligence.

Do electrical/mechanical engineers make minimum wage? They're not in a union. Not too many doctors and nurses in unions... they make 9 bucks an hour, right? IT guys... yup, every last one of them make minimum wage.

But the entire premise here is both sad and hilarious -- if union members are grossly overpaid, it's a good thing. But should anyone in the private sector make any money, they're inherently evil.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:
I made no such comparison.

Hey, Diego -- BSmack just called you a "moron" -- you gonna take that shit off of him?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

BSmack wrote:
The state is pulling 300 million in funding. They are not applying the difference to tuition or aid programs. Tuitions will likely go up to offset the loss in funding.
Complete bullshit. Tuitions are rising because the colleges have whored out to the Federal government and their guaranteed student loan programs. Just keep raising tuition rates and they students will keep borrowing these idiotic amounts to get degrees, that will not allow them to get out of debt for 15 years after college.

Colleges and university's are nothing more than corporate theft backed by government securities, with debtors locked in because these debts cannot be discharged. The last couple of professors I knew at OSU did not work 50 or 70 hours a week, they probably stretched it to put in 40 hours WITH research, easily had 8 weeks vacation a year, and are now retired catching about 120K a year in retirement. Arrogant pricks there were anyway.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dinsdale wrote:

- if union members are grossly overpaid, it's a good thing.
Your goddamn right it is.

Sin,

Every high school graduate (maybe) family line longshoreman making 120K a year spending it as fast as we can on pickups,jet boats,quads, toy haulers..etc..etc...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102405635#.
Derron
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

The fuck you say?

sin

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

I referenced McDonalds workers to show where conservatives want to drive the wages of educators.
9/27/22
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
I referenced McDonalds workers to show where conservatives want to drive the wages of educators.
Yes, we understand that you're an idiot. Thank you for the additional confirmation.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Dinsdale wrote:

And as to the point of it -- it's said that liberalism is a mental disorder.
Lots of things are said you yellow bellied, passive aggressive, whale fucking retard.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

More than a few people in this thread are jerking themselves off with the invisible hand of the market.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

KC Scott wrote:Supply and Demand applies to wages, just like it applies to goods & services

That seems to have escaped a few people in this thread

Yes and no. Unions have often succeeded in artificially keeping their members wages far above what they otherwise would be and have also succeeded in saving jobs that should have gone away decades before.

Take for example the Mass Pike. It is actually an interstate highway that is tolled. When I first moved to MA in the late '90s the big fight at the time was toll booth workers. Back then when you entered the highway someone handed you a toll ticket. When you exited you handed that ticket and your cash to another toll road worker. The state and others wanted to install automated machines that would provide you a ticket when you pulled up next to it. You would still have to pay cash on the exit to a worker. The union fought this because the most senior positions where the ones on the entrance side of things. Union members made $25 an hour for doing what a machine could do. Zero skill was involved. This fight went on for years before a compromise was reached and half of the lanes had the machines and the other half had humans.

Fast forward a decade and the state wants to go to a completely cashless system. Toll tags or bills by mail. Of course the union fought this as well. They wanted to preserve their $70K plus jobs that were outdated. On Easter Sunday of 2009 it reached a low point when so many of the union workers had that holiday mandated as a day off that traffic backed up for miles. So few workers were working that the system melted down.

If the market had its way, these union jobs would have been eliminated long ago.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

KC Scott wrote:Supply and Demand applies to wages, just like it applies to goods & services

Amazing how quickly that theory disappears when it comes to jobs that "American's won't work."
9/27/22
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

The only thing "amazing" is how fucking stupid you are.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Diego in Seattle wrote:

Amazing how quickly that theory disappears when it comes to jobs that "American's won't work."
You're 100% wrong
There's actually quite a demand for trained farmworkers and farmers are paying a lot more to get them.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Jsc810 wrote:A few years ago some states passed stringent laws on undocumented workers, really going after the illegal immigrants.

They were taking our jobs, blah blah blah.

It backfired, things didn't turn out as they thought. In Alabama and Georgia, crops rotted in the field because they couldn't hire people to harvest them, despite high unemployment there.
Meanwhile, welfare spending increased. The laws these states passed should have put a limit on the number of months able-bodied people can collect welfare benefits while sitting on their ass. That would have gotten the tomatoes picked and reduced welfare dependance.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
Well that really bolsters your argument and supports the libtards position quite well.

Can you link us up with something that might actually support that load of horseshit ??
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Y2K wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:

You're 100% wrong
There's actually quite a demand for trained farmworkers and farmers are paying a lot more to get them.
Because farmers are switching to methods of growing crops that do not require all the intensive hand labor, and are becoming much more mechanized in the process's. You can utilize more mechanized harvesting equipment, while less efficient, just farm a bit more ground. Spend 200K on a new machine that replaces 25 workers, and takes 5 of the illegals to run instead.

No way the American sheeple will pay a premium for any of their food products. Economy of scale, tell us you knew that .
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Jsc810 wrote:A few years ago some states passed stringent laws on undocumented workers, really going after the illegal immigrants.

They were taking our jobs, blah blah blah.

It backfired, things didn't turn out as they thought. In Alabama and Georgia, crops rotted in the field because they couldn't hire people to harvest them, despite high unemployment there.
Nice link to some part time farmer who lost a crop to a labor shortage.This does not make an industry wide trend. Most farmers have at least 6 to 7 different crops they farm. 2 of them you hit home runs with each year, 3 of them you make expenses and normal profit, and 2 of them you break even, maybe lose a bit on. Putting money away on home run crops is pretty much standard practice.

That idiot better rethink his cropping plan for next year.
Derron
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

mvscal wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote: A market economy...like McDonalds workers are in?
Precisely. Or were you expecting unskilled labor to command some sort of premium? If you want to make money flipping burgers, move to North Dakota...or fuck off with your whiny bullshit.
Here's another arrogant cock-sucker who sees no honor in hard work even though the efforts by some may be the best their abilities allow. He'd rather have them subsidized by the nanny-state rather than have them compensated fairly for the efforts... that way he still has something to piss and moan about as in the past where he's said shit like, "If they don't have any skin in the game (taxes), they shouldn't be allowed to vote" what a pitiful, miserable,phony, un-American fuck you are.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Papa Willie wrote: A market economy...like McDonalds workers are in?
Precisely. Or were you expecting unskilled labor to command some sort of premium? If you want to make money flipping burgers, move to North Dakota...or fuck off with your whiny bullshit.[/quote]

Here's another arrogant cock-sucker who sees no honor in hard work even though the efforts by some may be the best their abilities allow. He'd rather have them subsidized by the nanny-state rather than have them compensated fairly for the efforts... that way he still has something to piss and moan about as in the past where he's said shit like, "If they don't have any skin in the game (taxes), they shouldn't be allowed to vote" what a pitiful, miserable,phony, un-American fuck you are.[/quote]
Are you and MS fighting for the same black cock? Yes or no answer only, please.[/quote]

You still trying to suck mvscal 's cock? after all these years? that's the real question
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Papa Willie wrote:
H4ever wrote:
Papa Willie wrote: A market economy...like McDonalds workers are in?

Relax, buddy. I barely know you (I've not missed out on much), but you might want to unmelt enough to at least get your quotes properly aligned, wouldn't you say?

Now answer the question "YES" or "NO". Complete the assigned task!
Been here since 96... never gave a fuck about quotes and codes and URL's and similar computer bullshit then and don't now. But really.... trying to lump me with someone in such a feeble way? slipping dude.. slipping
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Papa Willie wrote:
H4ever wrote:
Been here since 96... never gave a fuck about quotes and codes and URL's and similar computer bullshit then and don't now. But really.... trying to lump me with someone in such a feeble way? slipping dude.. slipping
Yeah - but you're so - well - non-essential... You're kind of like a fly. Somebody might uncork a turd and you'll come flying around, but you're not really noticed.

Good to see you acknowledge how much your reputation/board cred means to you and has been very apparent on several boards for over a decade. Gotta give you credit though.. you take a lickin and keep on tickin' I've seen it for years. Props. In case you haven't noticed.... I don't give two shits. Nice try, though.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Papa Willie wrote:
H4ever wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:
Yeah - but you're so - well - non-essential... You're kind of like a fly. Somebody might uncork a turd and you'll come flying around, but you're not really noticed.

Good to see you acknowledge how much your reputation/board cred means to you and has been very apparent on several boards for over a decade. Gotta give you credit though.. you take a lickin and keep on tickin' I've seen it for years. Props. In case you haven't noticed.... I don't give two shits. Nice try, though.
That's a fairly standardized 2002 response there. Why don't you complete it by saying "Rack you"?
IKYABWAI much?
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Papa Willie wrote:Grand. You're up to 2004 now!
Yea? I wanna be hip and with it. Give me something 2015 oh Messiah of the messsage board gloss
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

88 wrote:
Dr_Phibes wrote:Nor should they be, you're getting into murky territory. Learning depends on the subjects as well, applying an abstact mathematical formula to things that get subjective is a non-starter. Particularly when students are viewed as customers, rather than pupils.
I'm not sure what you are saying, Phibes. Someone who purchases something is a customer. If they purchase the service of a professor to acquire an education (and a certificate of completion to boot), they are a customer. There is no other way to view it. Calling a customer a pupil does not change that in any way.
Sorry, very poorly worded by me, it was late. :oops:

Something to consider is the commodification of education, a happy customer is a passing customer and it's alarming at how a diploma is given out - 80% of the people coming out of university are unqualified to work at McDonalds. This is a fairly recent development. There's an internal conflict here, Ralph Nader is a decent champion and critic of these things, you've probably read it.