CU hires Leavitt as DC. Mucho, your thoughts?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

CU hires Leavitt as DC. Mucho, your thoughts?

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Former USF coach Jim Leavitt announced as new DC at Colorado. Had a good record with the Bulls, but left under some controversy. Hopefully he can improve the 114th best defense in the country last year. :?
"Keys, woman!"
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Re: CU hires Leavitt as DC. Mucho, your thoughts?

Post by Bucmonkey »

No controversy...he was railroaded, and the program deservedly went to shit after his departure. It's a shame considering what he did for USF...good luck to him at CU.
Go Bucs, Gators
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Yeah, I read that he won a lawsuit over it. Seems like a good hire for CU.
"Keys, woman!"
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I think it's a great hire for you Mike and I am glad to see that Coach Leavitt is finally back in college football. He did more than can ever be written, or said, for our program. It was very sad to see the way his tenure ended here, but it had to be done given the circumstances.

Bucmonkey, I'm not sure how you can say he was railroaded when he choked and slapped a player and then interferred with the investigation against him.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Just going by my poor memory Mucho. I thought when the facts came out, after his dismissal, the incident was considered to be blown out of proportion?
Go Bucs, Gators
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

The team was divided in their statements during the investigation, but Leavitt met with the player he struck during the investigation and told him what to say.

That is what brought him down. If he was honest about it, then he may not have been fired.
snowman33
Fuckin' Noob

Post by snowman33 »

I'm also very happy about this hire. I think CU needed to make a statement with this hire and I think that was definitely achieved. I'm very excited to see what Coach Leavitt can do with this defense and see if he can get the Buffs D to a level where they can stop or slow down the offenses of the PAC 12.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

I kind of feel like CU is hedging their bets. MacIntyre is relatively young and has no real Colorado ties. If he does pull off an amazing rebuild and returns CU to respectability, it's altogether possible he could bolt for a more "high profile" gig. In that case, CU could maintain some stability and turn the program over to Leavitt, who is a proven commodity as HC and, at his age, is probably looking for his last stop as HC.

If Mac fails, then Leavitt just gets shitcanned with the rest of the staff and we're back to square one. It really seems like a no-lose type of hire. Nice to see the university actually invest in the sustained success of a once-proud program.

Also, good to see you back, snowman33!
"Keys, woman!"
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Sudden Sam wrote:I'd like to go ahead and predict that Leavitt will be the Buffs' head coach within 2 years.
Or back at K-State