Scheduling Bias by Conference in Bowl Games

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Scheduling Bias by Conference in Bowl Games

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:The SEC and Pac12 are on different sides of the ocean. They know that neither side's fans are going to relish traveling cross-country (other than maybe a national championship game).

Pretty much ends the discussion, I think.
There's still a lot of this going on, too:

Duh.

When your conference only plays 8 league games, and schedules all 4 OOC against teams that anyone but Baylor would be embarrassed to play, you have lots of bowl eligible teams, and they need to play a team from a real conference with a .500 or better record.

It would be nice if the NCAA could get the SEC to play by the same rules that everyone else does. Hopefully, the committee will do the right thing and punish them like they did the B12 for avoiding real games... except with 4 OOCs, it's even worse.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The B1G has good bowl tie-ins because they have traveling fan bases. The B1G also isn't very good at football. Thus, the drive to fill hotel rooms creates mismatches on the field.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

When your conference only plays 8 league games, and schedules all 4 OOC against teams that anyone but Baylor would be embarrassed to play, you have lots of bowl eligible teams, and they need to play a team from a real conference with a .500 or better record.

It would be nice if the NCAA could get the SEC to play by the same rules that everyone else does. Hopefully, the committee will do the right thing and punish them like they did the B12 for avoiding real games... except with 4 OOCs, it's even worse.
That gets an ENORMOUS Rack!!!!!!!

BTW, Spray, did you take in consideration that the ACC has many schools(Wake, BC, etc.) that have MUCH smaller stadiums than the SEC and Big Ten? Hell, Michigan and Tennessee together could seat over 200K on one Saturday. Just an observation.
What were we just talking about?
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

I am not dissing the SEC.....much. But, since I am a lazy ass, I don't want to do the searching for Bowl wins by conference over the last 20 years. Those would be some stats that would be very interesting.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:Those would be some stats that would be very interesting.
And cited on this very forum about 4300 times.

The SEC does quite well, no doubt.

And the PAC has Wazzu and Oregon State with the mini-stadiums. Doesn't matter in Pullman, since no one goes to the game anyway. Oregon needs a bigger one (60K makes it hard to get tix).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Ummm...cite them again? Please? I seriously have no idea.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Sudden Sam wrote:
schmick wrote: lynchings, cross burnings and fucking your sister dont put up much of a fight when theyre the only alternatives for entertainment
Indiana doesn't go bowling.
Their Bowl game was against Mizzou... :wink:
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:And soon the Missouri Tigers, the mighty champions of the powerhouse SEC East Division, must take on a decent B1G team in the Minnesota Golden Gophers.
The SEC's runner-up against maybe the Big Ten's fifth best team. Funny, you guys are the ones always harping about your 8th best team having to play the best of the rest. :lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I was just fucking with Sam.

Seeding is a worthless way of gauging bowl match ups, anyway, because not all conferences are created equal. If you want to know how even or lopsided a match up is supposed to be, just look at the Vegas spread.