When WWIII begins...

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

When WWIII begins...

Post by poptart »

What major countries will make up the alliances on both sides?

Or will there be more than two opponents?
Like a wrestlemania kind of deal.

How do you visualize it, military minds?

:popcorn:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: When WWIII begins...

Post by poptart »

Sam wrote:I've long held that Sri Lanka will take on Uruguay.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

I really don't see another world war major powers. Our economies are all too closely intertwined. I believe we will still see plenty of regional conflict on the periphery of the developed world in the Middle East, Central Asia and Africa.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

It'll likely start in one of two places: India vs. Pakistan or Iran (or a proxy entity) vs. Israel.

I disagree with mvscal in that the major powers won't involve themselves in a regional conflict. It may not directly begin with Russia, China, GB, France, Germany, or the US, but because it unavoidably would involve one or many of these countries' interests, it'd pull them in as surely as each and every little problem draws them inexorably in. Invariably these problems start with a vacuum wherein the previously stabilizing power gives up its' place and there is a rush by others to fill the void.

Sound familiar? Obama's race away from responsibility sets the stage for other entities which normally remain in check to work beyond the sphere in which they reside and upset the balance in neighboring spheres. ISIS, Russia and Ukraine, China and Vietnam, China and Japan, Kashmir province, Syria, and above all, Iran. Because Obama has clearly made his position known that he views Israel as the problem, he entices Iran to take steps which push Israel into a corner where they believe the only viable option is to strike Iran before they get an operational nuclear weapon. And then, because Israel appears to be the aggressor and has acted independently, isolates her even more which causes her to prepare to act again, perhaps in a different direction.

As for India and Pakistan, there are two scenarios which are troublesome: Islamofascists gain power and thus gain access to nukes or the Kashmir boils up again as a sore point and the two countries reach for their nukes. In the last near conflict, a poll was taken and the overwhelming majorities of the citizenry wanted their respective governments to preemptively strike their opponent-- and they thought it'd be a clean, instant kill with them as the victor. That kind of mentality pushes a government to take a provocative stance for the continuity of their power. And in Pakistan's case, the government is already shaky, so posing aggressively against their traditional enemy helps them stay in power.

Once nuclear weapons are uncorked, then the major powers have to step in or their perceived place as a major power is questioned.

On the other hand, a good argument can be made that we have been in a third world war for over two decades now. Terrorism, or more specifically, Islamic counter-counter insurgency has been a low grade conflict that we have been involved with for over a generation.

Needless to say, I view Obama is a terribly naive, squeeze-my-eyes-shut-and-hope-the-bad-guys-go-away kind of president. Neville Chamberlain was right on the money in terms of his strategic goals compared to Obama in that he thought merely giving up land would placate Hitler. Obama in his child-like view of the world, thinks that if we are simply nice to other countries, they'll be nice to us in return. At least Chamberlain sought to purchase the goodwill of Nazi Germany rather than clicking his heels together and wishing it so. :doh: Wow, and this guy supposedly is the smartest man to ever hold the office of president. Ponderous.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Can't ignore the Korean peninsula...

Outside of that, the other two were mentioned...funny how Paki/India and Middle East Jihad/Crusades rotate so much around religious fundies.
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

These are all regional conflicts not world wars. We are not going to get in shooting war in Kashmir. Nobody is going to give a diseased yak cock if Israel bombs Iran. Russia barely rates as a regional military power these days. They can't even handle Ukraine. The Chinese? Another paper tiger which depends almost entirely on exports...mostly to us.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Sudden Sam wrote:What if Putin continues to grab land? What if he goes into the Baltics?

Will we do anything to stop him?
Obama & the UN will deliver a harsh rebuke to Putin if that happens.

The US ain't stopping anyone with this president.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Sudden Sam wrote:What if Putin continues to grab land? What if he goes into the Baltics?
He's already at the end of his tether. He's getting his ass kicked in Ukraine. I don't think you fully appreciate what a pathetic state the Russian military is in these days. Their equipment is shit and poorly maintained shit at that. Their troops are poorly trained and poorly motivated and their economy is cratering. The Poles by themselves could drop the Russians in their tracks.

China? Major move? Like what? Taiwan? Niqqer, please.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

yeah, cheap oil is buttfukking mother russia right in her piehole, just like it did in the 80s. You would think they would have learned to diversify the first time.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Or, in regard to Putin, because the ruble is in trouble these days because of the glut of oil, he may well escalate tensions in Ukraine to distract Russians from their devaluing currency. As for China, the islands they are contesting from Vietnam may be seen as a way to exercise their military strength against an enemy who has little chance to stop them from being taken. And it's not like Obama is about to say jack shit to Xi Jinping about it either being the limp wristed weak sister he is.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

And then there is this:
http://www.stripes.com/news/middle-east ... a-1.318904

This could be the new front of an ongoing undeclared WW3. Interesting stuff.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Rooster wrote:Or, in regard to Putin, because the ruble is in trouble these days because of the glut of oil, he may well escalate tensions in Ukraine to distract Russians from their devaluing currency.
So....what is he waiting for? It's a ridiculous premise. We need to stay grounded in reality. That fact is that he can't hold east Ukraine with his proxies and hasn't dared to commit the level of force necessary for a serious attempt. Why do you suppose that is?
As for China, the islands they are contesting from Vietnam may be seen as a way to exercise their military strength against an enemy who has little chance to stop them from being taken. And it's not like Obama is about to say jack shit to Xi Jinping about it either being the limp wristed weak sister he is.
Oh...OK. Some Vietnamese islands, huh? So we're bosom buddies with Vietnam these days, are we? Sorry, this doesn't register on the Give a Fuck-ometer. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing them try. It would give us a good look at their current capability. Of course we could always slip Vietnam some toys on the sly just to make it interesting.

Not a world war.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I guess the chinks might take some of those islands just for practice. Later they will go after some that have a shit ton of earl under them. There are a few in the neighborhood.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

I can't argue with you about Putin, except that he has already invaded Ukraine. Why he hasn't been more aggressive, I would speculate that he wants to have the rebels do the job for him for the sake of appearances.
China could use Vietnam as we did in Panama and Granada-- pitched battles no one will interfere with, with the purpose of blooding troops that haven't seen real combat since, well, Vietnam.
All of this is speculation on my part, but we were asked to cobble together a scenario that would cause the Bigs to get tangled up in a WW3 conflict. I submit that it is less a particular set of circumstances that draws us in so much as it is the absence of global leadership and intestinal fortitude-- two things Obama is sorely lacking.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

mvscal wrote:
He's already at the end of his tether. He's getting his ass kicked in Ukraine.
:lol: That's difficult to believe, considering they're not there. Whenever the Ukrainians gain an edge, additional equipment is released and a stalemate is achieved. Have you considered there are political calculations behind what he's doing?

What's interesting to note is that a former state department official has just been givin a Ukrainian passport and named economic minister of Ukraine.
And Joe Biden's cokehead son who got kicked out of the naval reserves earlier in the year has just been appointed to the board of Borisma Holdings, Ukraines chief producer of natural gas :lol: :lol:
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

poptart wrote:What major countries will make up the alliances on both sides?

How do you visualize it, military minds? :popcorn:
Not likely going to happen in our life times. All there is now is containment of whatever regional threat that strikes our immediate interests.

However, if the "power grid" goes down with a Chinese EMP strategically placed above the State of Oregon... or even Idaho, we have true patriots like Derron that has stored up enough ammo and knows how to survive that will kick Commie ass! Amen and Hurrrrumph!

Next question poptart? You are on the clock.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Rooster wrote:I can't argue with you about Putin, except that he has already invaded Ukraine. Why he hasn't been more aggressive, I would speculate that he wants to have the rebels do the job for him for the sake of appearances.
He hasn't been more aggressive because he doesn't dare expose his army of worthless scrubs to a major military defeat. The would be the end of him politically and, quite possibly, personally as well.

Putin is a greasy, neo-fascist pimp but he isn't an idiot. 'Ptinny' doesn't want any part of NATO. His shit army would be destroyed on contact. If he wants to distract the drunken morons he rules, he'll run around with his shirt off again or ass rape a porcupine.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

We're perceived as very weak now. What's to stop Russia or China from making major moves the next year and a half?
How do you not soil yourself on a daily basis? Your hysterics are incredible. Crack a newspaper or something.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Obama & the UN will deliver a harsh rebuke to Putin if that happens.

The US ain't stopping anyone with this president.
Those sanctions sure haven't done much. Stick to topics you know best, like draining police union crank.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

should we?
We're perceived as very weak now. What's to stop Russia or China from making major moves the next year and a half?
in the case of Russia, an army, in the case of the Chinese, a naval presence.....they've got a few boats but nothing that compares with the US military.....
I don't know who perceives us as being weak.....there are no countries that underestimate the military power of the US.....the North Koreans can sabre rattle all they want but the South Koreans could kick their asses.....except for the fact that the North has some serious artillery

India/Pakistan is the likely winner, but I'm not sure they want to release the genie in the bottle that is nuclear weapons......whichever country were to unleash them would be ostracized and isolated by the rest of world...I too fear nukes falling into the hands of islamofacists and them detonating such a weapon in downtown New York.....
get out, get out while there's still time
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix wrote:the North Koreans can sabre rattle all they want but the South Koreans could kick their asses
It depends on how it went down.

NK could cause tremendous damage to SK in short order.
SK's capitol is just 35 miles from the NK border -- and NK could shell it all to hell if they wanted to.

SK knows America has it's back, so they are confident they would win if a genuine war broke out, but if SK was on it's own?

Hmmmmm...

In that case, I think it just depends on how it started and what the circumstances were.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

south korea has one of the most robust economies in the world. i would think they have invested a few bucks in a decent military. if their defensive strategy is "uncle sugar will do it?" they are fukking idiots, especially considering what we have rrunning the show currently.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote: It depends on how it went down.

NK could cause tremendous damage to SK in short order.
SK's capitol is just 35 miles from the NK border -- and NK could shell it all to hell if they wanted to.
but SK has something that NK doesn't......that being food to feed their troops.....NK troops would starve in pretty short order unless china came to their aid.....
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Our ace in the hole as far as I can tell is and will be for a long time, our submarine forces. If we develop a functional/useful missile defense, how can a world war as we knew it in the 1940's ever happen? Cyber war? Possibly, but can't we with all our smarts prevent that? There will always be war, and if we keep projecting strength, our mainland should be fairly safe from harm's way. Right now, Barry O. and company think hugs and platitudes will keep us safe.The next administration in Washington I hope will see what needs to be done.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

smackaholic wrote:south korea has one of the most robust economies in the world. i would think they have invested a few bucks in a decent military.
What part of Seoul is 35 miles from the border are you struggling to comprehend?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:

should we?
We don't have any choice. They're NATO nations now.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

mvscal wrote:
Is that how you explain helping to anchor Islamist lunatics in the Balkans?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

They pretty much already have. Putin might like to do a lot of things, he just doesn't muscle to accomplish them. He can't exert control over east Ukraine where he can at least count on some sizable measure of local support which is something he wouldn't have in Baltics.

The Baltics are a bug zapper for Ptinny. He would be thoroughly and comprehensively destroyed in very short order.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

When WWIII starts, I'll sharpen my sword, jump on my steed, and tuck in tight behind Kate Upton.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

mvscal wrote:...Ptinny.
No need to diminish Putin just because your own president is a down-low faggot. At least Putin isn't a foreign policy laughing stock.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote: At least Putin isn't a foreign policy laughing stock.
A pretty low bar, wouldn't you say?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:
mvscal wrote:...Ptinny.
No need to diminish Putin just because your own president is a down-low faggot. At least Putin isn't a foreign policy laughing stock.
you give down-low faggots a bad name.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Sudden Sam wrote:I've long held that Sri Lanka will take on Uruguay.

Take Uruguay and give the points.
What were we just talking about?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
Felix wrote:

should we?
then let somebody else do the heavy lifting for a while.....how about Great Britain leading the charge this time around....
I'm with mvscal, putin's actions have seriously stretched his credibility in the overall scheme of things....he's a douchebag of the lowest kind (I mean seriously, stealing Robert Krafts Super Bowl ring? how low can you go)

the ukraine is giving him headaches on a massive scale....when he invaded and annexed Crimea, his popularity with the russian people soared.....I mean hey if it worked once it should work again right? only he ran into a buzz saw in the Ukraine.....his troops actually ran into a group of people with weapons and the wherewithall to slug it out.....

here's a story printed in the NY Post what the fuck were they thinking where in there is a description of what happened to 90 or 100 of the 76th Guards Air Assault Division, an "elite" paratroop division.....when they showed up, the Ukranians waited for them to make it to an open area, then laid the fucking wood to them.....reportedly about 80 of the troops died, and 10 or so made it out alive...so Putin's success in Crimea and the subsequent boost in his popularity fueled this idiotic incursion into the Ukraine....Putins mistake was in seriously underestimating the determination of the Ukraine.....not a good decision on Putin's part, and now he can't figure out how to get out without losing a lot of popularity he gained with his little adventure in Crimea....
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

US cyber soldiers will kick their ass at World of Warcraft.